Pokemon Hypothetical: Shinies Only!

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
I have a shiny Rayquaza and a shiny Mareep. Saying Rayquaza is powerful is an understatement at best, and Mareep will eventually become an Ampharos which is a decent Pokemon. Plus it has a mega-evolution now so there's that too. I think I'd do more than okay and have a lot of fun. Might just enter Rayquaza in a beauty contest for the laughs.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Unfortunately, I've never encountered a shiny Pokemon(aside from the canon red Gyarados from Gold and Silver). I love Pokemon, and I've played at least one game from every generation, including the remakes. I've even tried (and am currently trying) the Masuda method, but to no avail as of yet. Wish me luck, Escapists.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
I never encountered a shiny pokemon in the wild
If got the scripted red Gyarados at the lake of rage in the gen 2 games but that does not count acording to the op

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
Never got a shiny, so I'm going to choose to be the Daycare Man. Let me watch your pokemon. I promise I won't immediately skip town with it.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
1. Zubat
2. Sentret
3. Gyarados
4. Beldum
5. Eevee
6. Growlithe

These are all the shinies I've ever caught in the wild. I think I have a pretty solid team there, actually.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Considering how lucky I've been so far in X, I've actually started to get a team going:

1. Gastly
2. Flabebe
3. Carbink
4. Klefki

Plus a shiny Magikarp I got traded once.

I'm also fairly sure I'm forgetting one more, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I have a shiny Cubone and Gengar (I think) in addition to the shiny Gyarados.

^
those are Pokemon I've caught in the wild.

IF we're also counting shinys via events. I'm gonna be JUST fine, I have a shinys of both the beast and creation trios, and if this does include those, Altered Form Giratina would be my main, and it would be awesome.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
I've found 5 shinies in the >900 hours I've poured into every pokemon game I've owned...

The first was a Shinx (Platinum, first playthrough)
Second was Tangela (Soul Silver)
Third was Lunatone (White version about a month ago)
And the last two were Foongus and Amoongus found within a 10 minute window of each other not four days ago....

(This is not counting shiny events, since they are GIVEN to you...)

How would I do? Well, I don't have a bad team per-say...
I mean, I'd certainly be looking to trade the mushrooms... But with Electric, Grass and Psychic they're not (strictly speaking) BAD types, since they both compliment each other...

EDIT: And all things considered, since the odds of finding a shiny is roughly 32000/1

Although breeding via Masuada method (Using international parents) doubles the odds... But I wouldn't hold my breath...

EDIT 2: That being said, I learned to RNG my Pokemon White game, so, I should probably start catching more.... ha ha ha

Another

Mar 19, 2008
One Rattata and one eevee. So i guess I'm somewhat alright? Kinda?

Only one's I've found. And the rattata was from original silver, while the eevee is from X. 13 years apart.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i guess i'm a NPC... think i'm gonna hide in a cave and hand out repels, because i'm a good guy like that

bowandsword

Mar 30, 2011
I think I win on the most unlucky person in thread the only shinnies i have seen have been in get this,
trainer battles......
twice

so I'm becoming those npc that i hate so much.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
bowandsword said:
I think I win on the most unlucky person in thread the only shinnies i have seen have been in get this,
trainer battles......
twice

so I'm becoming those npc that i hate so much.
Wow - I didn't even know trainers could own shinies 0.0 That is tragic...

Evil Team leaders are NPCs too... maybe you could be someone who wants to destory the world? Y'know, out ot spite? :p Like N - "How DARE you guys own Pokemon! You make me sick!"

Theloller123

Oct 23, 2013
I only saw a shiny once.
And if I remember clearly... I think it was Shiny Magikarp which I found at the Safari Zone in HG.
But I had no luck cuz' it fled:(