Pokemon: If you were one, Which one would you would NOT rather be?

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I don't know if there's a single Pokemon that I wouldn't want to be. There's a lot of crap Pokemon out there. But they all do have super powers at least. Except Magikarp...

One time I did a personality quiz on what Pokemon I was, and I came out as a Vileplume. Wasn't exactly happy about that, but at least it's not a totally useless Pokemon.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Any psychic type since gen 1. They went from kings of the kingdom to slumming it with the filth. It'd just feel like you were a second class citizen that everyone picked on for being so great and now having to associate with "the rest of us".

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
DarkAngryWolf said:
Gonna go all pokenerd on you right now, son.

In the R/B/G versions the ghost of a Marrowak Team Rocket had killed haunted Pokemon Tower in Lavendar Town, it was still a Marrowak, not a Gastly or Haunter or anything else. After defeating Marrowak you calmed its spirit and it departed for the afterlife, which is more or less stated in the game, so obviously they don't just reincarnate as ghost pokemon. Also wouldn't make sense considering Gastly and the other ghosts hatch from eggs, meaning they must be a living species, and "ghost" is only a describing term since they have nothing else to relate them to.

/nerdlogic

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
dvd_72 said:
Koffing. I mean, not only am I likely to poison those around me, but also prone to spontaneously exploding. How terrable is that? Knowing that you could explode at ANY TIME and you have very little controll over it.

Heck, I'd probably just go on and self-destruct on purpouse, so as to exert what little controll over my death I can :p
At least a koffing has a mouth and little gas holes, there is more to his life than just exploding. I mean, he can float around a little, fart a little, make sad faces, make happy faces, and when he evolves he gets a little buddy to keep him company. Now a voltorb, that would truly suck. He can sit still, in one place, and explode, that's it. The only other thing of value he can do is evolving into an even bigger explosion-ball.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
bobsizzlack said:
I'd say Cubone, BECAUSE I'M WEARING MY DEAD MOTHER'S SKULL AS A HELMET!!!!

Incidently, did you know it's rumoured originally Khangaskhan was meant to be Cubone's top form?
Someone made up an evolution tree for the Kankaskhan/Cubone theory:

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Sorafrosty said:
I think I would rather not be Rattata; I guess I would be caught in the beginning of the game, trained until level 16 or something, and then put in a PC box, and forgotten... Forever. :(
On that note, I would hate to be a Bidoof.

"Why?" says the ignorant person. Fine. Let me explain,

Every generation has a "Throwaway" Pokemon. Like the above mentioned Rattata, or Fenret. They are useless and can't do anything unless they become an HM slave.

Bidoof is worse. In addition to being horrible, he also has the look of crap (Litteratly, it looks like someone crapped it out.) Did I mention that Bidoof is also one of the stupidest sounding names in exsistence?

Half way on topic: I would love to be a lillipup, just because there so cute!

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Thatguyky said:
I wouldn't want to be a pichu... hurting yourself every time you go to shock something would suck.
Taking the super smash brothers approach, eh?

Personally I would say magikarp but Trubbish is a strong contestant. But seriously why all the hate on ditto? Dittos are awesome. I mean sure they are weak but they can morph into any Pokemon and use all their moves, and then there is their usefulness in the daycare center.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Yamask.

Why? Read its descriptions [http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/562.shtml]:
These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
I'd hate to be a shuppet. Knowing I'd go from kinda cute to really freaking creepy would scare me..

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
I'm surprised Electrode has barely come up. They have no way of moving and if they ever attack they explode and commit suicide. Just WTF is the point of such a creature?

bobsizzlack

Nov 23, 2011
[/quote]

Someone made up an evolution tree for the Kankaskhan/Cubone theory:

[/quote]

That's awesome, I've not seen that diagram before!

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Magikarp. I wouldn't trust myself to ever evolve into Garydos, so I would be miserable and stuck as one forever.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Sableye. Having gems for eyes seems like it'd be kinda uncomfortable. You'd probably get people trying to steal them all the time too.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Snorlax. Who wants to spend the entire time sleeping, not doing anything at...Actually thats pretty awesome.

Ok, lets go with Wheezing. Spending your entire life as a floating rock-head, attached to another floating rock-head, constantly spewing noxious gas. I feel like I should be making a joke about the coalition government at the moment but I'm better than that.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Magikarp
Oh sure, some of them grow up to be some sort of flying sea serpent (if some trainer takes pity on them), but I imagine most of them just get stomped to death, game-fished, or eaten since they have no real way of defending themselves.

Edit: I see a lot of Ditto.
I suppose it all depends on if you plan on blending in in the wild, or getting caught by some trainer and getting more sex than anything else on the planet.