Pokemon most people seem to hate, but you love.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Apparently people dislike Samurott somewhat so that's my answer. They're wrong, all of them. Can your Pokemon pull swords out of it's arms? What's that? No? Then fuck you!

Also Leafeon. I'm not sure if people hate it though they would have pretty good reasons to. Crummy special stats, poor typing and doesn't get too many good moves on it's own. But in my opinion it makes for a pretty good Grass type. I'm using one on my team in SoulSilver and it's working out pretty nicely.

Lastly, Galvantula. Compoundeyes + Thunder = You dead. It's also pretty fast, so it can get a Thunder Wave before you can do anything. Also it just looks cool. Another guy posted a picture of it earlier in the thread, go look at it.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011

Every run through Red/Yellow/Blue I'd pick up a Ghastly before Sabrina and train it into a Haunter and then wreck her. Loved his high speed and special attack power, too, plus being a ghost-type. I'd keep him around and usually use him against Agatha in the Elite Four.

Side-note: I'm seeing all of these Gen V Pokemon being linked in this thread and I honestly have to say, the designs are just as ridiculous as I originally thought. There are a few good ones, and Samurott is a huge improvement over the ridiculousness of Oshawott, but in general they just have much more gaudy and garish designs than the first three generations, and they look weird when compared side-to-side.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I absolutely love Raichu and Gengar. People dislike them because they prefer Pikachu and Haunter, but "Heresy!", I say.

Philistines.

Harvey Chesterfield

May 28, 2012

I adore Parasect because I have a fondness for bug pokemon, and because he's awful.
With Dry Skin, your Parasect gets an amazing 8* weakness to fire, and another double weakness to flying besides.
Did I mention he has the slowest base speed? As in, joint last with the likes of Steelix?
What we have here, gentlemen, is not failure. Fail is merely a lack of success. What we have here is negative-victory.
I wouldn't train one, I just like that he exists, plus he's very smiley :)

I do also love Castform (It just won me a nuzlocke) but I don't think anybody remembers him, let alone has any strong opinion.

Sep 14, 2009
Pb Zeppelin said:
A pokemon that I've never heard anyone outright hate, but one that also doesn't get enough attention even though its awesome:
agreed

love him and his design

it's like a blastoise that said "fuck this!" and grew a tree on his back instead.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Pb Zeppelin said:
A pokemon that I've never heard anyone outright hate, but one that also doesn't get enough attention even though its awesome:
Torterra is my favorite from gen 4 and one of my favorites of all time

He's the coolest grass pokemon too.

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
I'm not sure if it's hate exactly, but I think I'm one of the few people who likes this guy:

more than Pikachu

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
nuba km said:
Lunar Templar said:
my problem with giratina is that I think he should be a dark type pokemon and not a ghost for two main reasons
the logical one: he has a lot more dark qualities to him then ghost qualities, he owns a dark realm and he corrupts reality. He doesn't mess with people and use trickery, he just warps space time.

the more personal reason: he will for ever be known as the first ghost legendary and he isn't much of a ghost, and seeing as ghost is my favourite pokemon type that just doesn't sit with me well.
not much of a dragon ether really but i actually like his look, well the altered form origin form is meh. honestly, i think they made him a ghost/dragon type just to make him a beast defensively (mine is basically the chuck norris of my team, it's level 75 though and got it at level 1 through the event in soul silver :3) but your right, probably should be a dark type

oh i've come to love ghost types to, my Mismagius has slaughtered countless foes in Silver. she's a bit of a glass canon though >.> but that's assuming they are faster then her, and survive the first shot, and those are big ifs >:)

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
Leafeon

Among my circle of people, nobody gives much respect to really ANY gen 3 or 4 Pokemon, everyone mostly likes the 5th though. But Leafeon seems to get the most abuse, and nobody ever really gives me a real reason why they don't like it. They usually just stop at "BECAUSE MAN!" and never elaborate

I actually thought it was pretty sweet especially when it knew Leaf Blade and Solarbeam

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
nuba km said:
Lunar Templar said:
my problem with giratina is that I think he should be a dark type pokemon and not a ghost for two main reasons
the logical one: he has a lot more dark qualities to him then ghost qualities, he owns a dark realm and he corrupts reality. He doesn't mess with people and use trickery, he just warps space time.

the more personal reason: he will for ever be known as the first ghost legendary and he isn't much of a ghost, and seeing as ghost is my favourite pokemon type that just doesn't sit with me well.
not much of a dragon ether really but i actually like his look, well the altered form origin form is meh. honestly, i think they made him a ghost/dragon type just to make him a beast defensively (mine is basically the chuck norris of my team, it's level 75 though and got it at level 1 through the event in soul silver :3) but your right, probably should be a dark type

oh i've come to love ghost types to, my Mismagius has slaughtered countless foes in Silver. she's a bit of a glass canon though >.> but that's assuming they are faster then her, and survive the first shot, and those are big ifs >:)
You should see my dusknoir when it comes to defense, he survived two fire blasts from an arcenine and a hydro pump from the last stage of the 5th gen water starter (name escapes me atm). It's move set, ice, fire, thunder, shadow punch, he can one shot most pokemon my friends have to such a stage they all teach each of their pokemon at least 1 move good against ghosts. I recently gave my second dusknoir trick room instead of shadow punch, so that double team is going to kill all. Infact most of my pokemon are defensife, ferroseed(hores nut, thats not a typo on his nickname), bastioton(error 404, as in damage not found), blastiose, tangrowth (buch), golurk (lumberjack) and others yet to be trained.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Harvey Chesterfield said:

I adore Parasect because I have a fondness for bug pokemon, and because he's awful.
With Dry Skin, your Parasect gets an amazing 8* weakness to fire, and another double weakness to flying besides.
Did I mention he has the slowest base speed? As in, joint last with the likes of Steelix?
What we have here, gentlemen, is not failure. Fail is merely a lack of success. What we have here is negative-victory.
I wouldn't train one, I just like that he exists, plus he's very smiley :)
Parasect was my heavy for capturing wild Pokemon in SoulSilver. Spore is the only 100% accuracy sleep move, and catching a Paras was a lot easier than trying to hunt down a Shroomish and get it to 54. Between Spore and False Swipe, my Parasect was awesome.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Lillipup. It can tank lots of attacks, and can learn surf. Early game, its killer.

Mikhael Angelo said:
Honestly? I have two. Quagsire is a fuckin beast. Awesomely so.

Secondly, Golem. All time favorite pokemon.
I prefer its prevolution, Whooper. I mean, that thing is so happy! Even though it has no arms! He's like Abbadon!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
nuba km said:
You should see my dusknoir when it comes to defense, he survived two fire blasts from an arcenine and a hydro pump from the last stage of the 5th gen water starter (name escapes me atm). It's move set, ice, fire, thunder, shadow punch, he can one shot most pokemon my friends have to such a stage they all teach each of their pokemon at least 1 move good against ghosts. I recently gave my second dusknoir trick room instead of shadow punch, so that double team is going to kill all. Infact most of my pokemon are defensife, ferroseed(hores nut, thats not a typo on his nickname), bastioton(error 404, as in damage not found), blastiose, tangrowth (buch), golurk (lumberjack) and others yet to be trained.
i tend to go the other way, hit em hard and fast, i also tend to try spread attack types out a bit, like my Tyranitar is fully capable of going head to head with a water type due to it knowing thunder bolt, Dawn the Mismagius i mentioned above, knows psybeam for those pesky fighting and normal types (which i ran into a lot of while leveling her) and so on, it works more often then not to :3

though my love for Giratina came from the battle with Snorlax (lvl 50) in SS, it was lvl 30 at the time and took Snorlax's crunch, a 'super effective' attack and survived. you just don't see mons taking a hit like that and limping off, granted he wasn't gonna take another one but still surviving a 20 lvl higher super effective, pretty much solidified its spot on my team