Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's New Mega Evolutions Revealed

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Nice, I was hoping they would do this. I like how Mega Sceptile looks, Mega Swampert looks like it's hulked out, kind of strange but I think I'll get used it, I'll be starting with a Mudkip for sure. It's type is certainly interesting since Swampert's low speed is one of it's downfalls, aside from the obvious 4x grass weakness. This beast could be quite the powerhouse. Harder to see with Groudon and Kyorge but they seem to be glowing versions of themselves for the most part.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Treeko being my favourite Hoenn Starter, i am THRILLED about him having a Mega-Evo.

My shiny Sceptile in X/Y will look even more amazing in a few months!

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
GamemasterAnthony said:
Madame_le_Flour said:
Goddess I hope they let you customize your character's outfit, the defaults are just... bleh.

Especially the hair, I really don't want to have to go the entire game with my hair looking like a giant inverted V stuck on my face. I mean I know that the original girl trainer was just a copy of May's character design but atleast she had her hair brushed to the sides like a human being hypothetically would as supposed to combed in front of her face (headbands are typically used to keep your hair BACK Nintendo).
I get that they're supposed to look like updated versions of the original character designs...
But I hope they still give you the option to change your appearance if you want to like they did in X/Y.
As long as you can keep Brendan's hair white, I'm cool with that. Just change the style.

Actually, I'm rather curious as to what customizations are available for these characters now.
Brendan's hair is not white. That's actually supposed to be head wrap of some sort. You can see it on the new artwork where you see his brown hair coming out underneath it. I thought his hair was white for a long time too, the original art made it look like it was.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
This just convinced me to buy either the Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.... wait.

Don't they always release like, a 3rd game with both legendary Pokemon involved plus a third one like the green Dragon?
I might hold off to see if they release 'Ultimate Emerald' or something like that.

But the mega evolutions of each one are wicked awesome. I'm quite impressed actually lol.
For remakes, it has been just the main two games of the series, firered, leafgreen, heartgold, soulsilver being the last couple, so it's unlikely that there'll be a game for emerald. More likely we'll get Pokemon Z or X2/Y2 at some point.

They did reserve Delta Emerald, but it might end up being just like Water Blue, where we saw nothing of it.

As for the Megas, they turned out great. I'll be going with Sceptile for old times sake, but I think Swampert (just thought of a nickname for him...Swamp-Bert) turned out best. Diancie's mega looks perfect, likely because it was designed with the mega in mind.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Don't they always release like, a 3rd game with both legendary Pokemon involved plus a third one like the green Dragon?
I might hold off to see if they release 'Ultimate Emerald' or something like that.
Not the remakes, which these are. The last two sets of remakes (for Gen 1 and 2) have been only with the two main versions. We had Fire Red and Leaf Green (without Yellow represented) and HeartGold and SoulSilver (without Crystal represented).

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Raggedstar said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Not the remakes, which these are. The last two sets of remakes (for Gen 1 and 2) have been only with the two main versions. We had Fire Red and Leaf Green (without Yellow represented) and HeartGold and SoulSilver (without Crystal represented).
That's not entirely true. HG/SS kept Crystal's storyline with Suicune and the Battle Frontier, and a few other things I'm probably forgetting.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
What the hell is with Pokemon recently and their male mains looking like dead eyed dolls? He looks like he's been killed and stuffed with big vacant glass eyes just like they did with the main from Gold/Silver. There's an image of the before and after really drilling in how one is a tough traveling kid and the other is a twiggy glass eyed doll.

Not really a fan of what they did to the girl either, she's better than the guy at least but yeah...Never played Ruby or the other and I don't think I like the changes to her.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
soren7550 said:
Raggedstar said:
Caramel Frappe said:
That's not entirely true. HG/SS kept Crystal's storyline with Suicune and the Battle Frontier, and a few other things I'm probably forgetting.
I mean for actual games, as that was the context I was quoting. There was no "Shining Yellow" or "Shimmering Crystal" or whatever. It always stopped at the main games.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
there wasn't a crystal at all ever, because they just threw the first girl player character in pokemon into the dumpster instead of letting her return, probably because they didn't want to have to awkwardly explain why a character has blue hair in gold/silver

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Enough with the rumors, just let me get the game already! >:O
[sub][sub]Also I'm still MEH on Mega Evolutions.[/sub][/sub]

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
They don't usually release the 3rd version of the generations when they do the remakes (they didn't remake Yellow or Crystal), so I wouldn't bother waiting. Come to think of it, they really haven't done a 3rd version release since gen 4, so they may be stopping that trend.