Pokemon question

Parasitic_Chick

Dec 5, 2013
Hey, I have a stupid question. Does anyone in the Escapist community know the season in which Mewtwo and Mew are introduced. Just finished the first season ( Indigo league) but there was no battle between Ash and Mewtwo and I REALLY want to see that episode.
I saw it once when I was little and I loved it but I just can't remember what season it's in. Any help would be great.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
The only appearance of those two in Pokemon is when Gary battles Giovani. He uses Mewtwo against him and completely wipes him out, Mewtwo then escapes leading to... The first Pokemon movie. Where that fight and Mew come into play. It's been a long while, but I'm pretty sure that is right.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I believe the first episode Mewtwo debuts is episode 63, The Battle of the Badge [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP063], but Ash doesn't fight him. Gary does, but then Giovanni leaves with Mewtwo and leaves Jessie and James behind to fight Ash at the gym. I don't believe Ash ever encounters Mewtwo in the anime until the First Movie. The other episode which features Mewtwo for a short moment is two episodes later in Battle at the Po-ke Corral [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP065], which is the one whose timeline crosses over with the First Movie. It features the moment where Mewtwo escapes from Giovanni and blows up his lab.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
He's talking about Pokemon The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190641/] guys.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Parasitic_Chick said:
Hey, I have a stupid question. Does anyone in the Escapist community know the season in which Mewtwo and Mew are introduced. Just finished the first season ( Indigo league) but there was no battle between Ash and Mewtwo and I REALLY want to see that episode.
I saw it once when I was little and I loved it but I just can't remember what season it's in. Any help would be great.
It's the movie, pokemon 2000 I think. It's not in the standard series.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
spartan231490 said:
Parasitic_Chick said:
It's the movie, pokemon 2000 I think. It's not in the standard series.
Pokemon 2000 was the second movie with Lugia and the legendary birds. And that was chronologically somewhere in the third season, on the Orange Isles.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Mewtwos main appearances are in Pokemon movies, first is Pokemon: The first movie (alternative title "Mewtwo strikes back") which was released in 1999 and then there was a release of a movie called "Mewtwo Returns" in 2001 (English version).
The only time I can remember seeing a glimpse of Mewtwo in the series, as others have said, was when Gary battled Giovanni and used his Archanine and Nidoking, his pokedex also didn't get any match on the Pokemon used when he tried. But those are the two movies I remember seeing Mewtwo appear in (Mew also appears in the first one). If Mewtwo has had appearances afetr like 2004 I wouldn't know.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Some good advice, when you want to know when Pokemon have significant roles in the anime, check out their page on Bulbapedia.com. It tells you their debut episode, or movie. As well as other episodes where that particular Pokemon plays a prominent role. I bet Serebii would also be a big help too if you are more familiar with that site.