Pokemon RP Slots closed Chapter 11: I'm on a boat!

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Ooc: Sorry I was expecting the next battles to kick up, and wow I said darker but I didn't expect....that. Atleast it wasn't a ditto is all I have to say.

Rodney headed over to the tree Magnus was resting at and said "Hey have you seen your Cyndaquil around lately?" Magnus responded "No, last I saw of Quillz she was going out in the forest with the other Cyndaquil to.... play OH MY GOD!" Rodney was confused and only replied with a "Huh?" Magnus then told him it was best if he didn't know and unfortunately he did know now and was rather disturbed he turned to Chompers and asked "Hey buddy you wouldn't leave me for a nice, Totodile girl would you?" Chompers nodded and again began to dance. Well it's always nice to know your pokemon are loyal.... Rodney thought to himself.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
OOC: That's how I roll, I do the crazy stuff. I think it makes RP's more enjoyable.
Magnus ran hurriedly, looking for Quillz, but then stopped and thought for a moment.
If she wants to do this, I doubt I'll be able to stop her. She's one determined little Fire-type. Fine, if she has an egg that's her own fault. Besides, an egg might come in handy.

Magnus walked back to the tree and saw Chompers and Rodney sitting down.
"Back already, what's the matter, couldn't you find her?" Rodney asked.
"No, it's not that." Magnus said. "I just decided to let her have her fun. She'll have to deal with the consequences. I can't stop her from doing what she wants to do. If I did she'd hold a grudge and probably wouldn't listen to me for a while....She is going to get a shower tonight though, whether she likes it or not." He sat down next to the two and took a look at Chompers. "Chompers is an impressive pokemon, especially that Bite of his. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of those jaws." He patted Chompers on the head gently and enjoyed the afternoon sun. He dozed off and was soon asleep.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Rodney thought about it for a moment again Well i you can't say Pokemon don't have feelings and needs heck, I might even catch another Totodile when Chompers here becomes a Feraligator, that's if he doesn't kill me by trying to dance on my head again and again for who knows how many times today Rodney removed Chompers from his head. He then pulled out his video phone and called his mother and introduced her to the group he was travelling with it truely was embarassing when she called Heather "Very pretty". After that he called and received his latest batch of tests lucky for him they were tests that were applied to what might happen in a battle, angle of jump attacks,trajectory of beams and such. He knew his first hand experience would be great for him in this.

AZSolii

Dec 30, 2008
Joseh watched as each of the trainers went off to do their own things. It's quite a crew we have going here... He looked over to see Trevor sitting at a tree with the pokemon he called "Rosgry". Remembering Professor Oak's request, he pulled out the Pokedex card and slapped it into his Pokegear. I just have to wonder how many items can be made by using "Poke" as a portmanteau or prefix... The program initialized to a full version of the latest pokedex. Joseh was about to close the interface as the phone rang.

It was his mother.

Damnit, she really can't leave me alone... He pushed the button to accept the call. "Hello?"

"Joseh! Finally you answered the phone! Have you met with Professor Oak?"

"Yeah, yeah. I was just about to call you actually to let you know what happened..."

They continued to talk for about fifteen minutes. About what the professor told him to do, the Pokedex he obtained, and how he was now stuck with a group of kids.

"...It'll be good for you, Joseh. Just think when you start breeding pokemon on your own...you'll notice some similarities when the time comes."

"I guess." He paused. "I have to get going though."

"But you'll call me once in a while, right?"

"Yes mom..."

"I love you! Be careful out there!"

With a sigh of relief, Joseh closed the phone.

He looked over to Trevor, who was sitting at the base of a tree, and walked towards him. "Hiya."

Trevor didn't respond. Rosgry tilted his head up at him. "Um...hello--"

"Listen, I appreciate you taking me to Oak and everything, but I'm going to say this once: back off. Rosgry and I have been able to handle ourselves for a while now; I don't need him being snatched away by some knowledge hungry scientist."

Joseh blinked and crouched down to his level. "Oak wouldn't be the type to do that. Besides, the only people desperate enough to do something like that would be those thugs from Team Rocket."

Trevor shrugged. "Says the guy whose Growlithe nearly bit my leg off."

Joseh blinked, surprised not only that Noah managed to get at him, but the fact that Trevor noticed. "But you were--"

"I know it was wrong and all, but I still needed to get money to take care of Rosgry."

Joseh sighed and sat next to him in the tree. "And so the magician attempts to make his motives disappear. Alas, a man in the crowd sees how he does the trick, yet does not call him out."

"Huh?" Rosgry imitated Trevor's word in his own voice.

"The gas pellets, the elaborate costume, even the way you presented yourself. What you did back there was by no means an improvised act. Someone desperate for money wouldn't have pulled off something like that. It was practiced, perfect. Well, save for the extraneous factors of several trainers tailing you."

Trevor didn't say anything.

Joseh motioned to the trainers before them. "The audience remains captivated, but the man only asks a simple question. He knows how the magician uses his tricks, but does not say anything--"

"English, please." Rosgry gave a snicker.

"Why?" Joseh straightened himself up on the tree and looked at Trevor. "Why do you hide your intentions?"

Trevor gave a nervous look along with Rosgry.

"I'm not going to rat you out. Please, tell me your story; I'd like to hear it."

Adam Jenson

Dec 23, 2008
Well, why not?
"Never really knew my parents" Trevor started out, "Doesn't matter really it was just me and my brother Elliot, he looked after me. We really didn't get on though. I wanted to travel around, my name in lights that kind of thing. It wasn't til after I found Rosgry and left home that I realized it was gonna be tough. We weren't able to get jobs. It was either 'nobody buys into magic no more' or 'or get that freak pokemon outta my shop!'. So yeah we turned to crime. Not like we like it but if it means we get something to eat once in a while then it would have to do. So yeah thats our story"

Joseh was taken aback. After a while Trevor left to get his stuff ready with the others.

ooc: AZSolli, Trevor is the same age as Joseh perhaps if they had something of a turbulant friendship similar to Batman and Superman. Ideological opposites.

ooc: We gonna get moving now?

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Quillz walked back from the woods and sat down by the tree where Trevor and Joseh were talking. She looked up at them and smiled.

Magnus saw her at the tree and rushed over, looking rather disappointed.
"Well, I hope you had fun." Magnus scolded Quillz "Because you're absolutely filthy.. Look at yourself, your fur is dirty and matted with..I don't even want to say it. I'm even more disappointed by the fact that you didn't tell me why you did what you did. I would have understood. But no, I had to figure it out for myself, worried that he might hurt you."
"Quil, cyndaquil. Cynda cynda, quil cyndaquil." *Will you relax? I didn't tell you because I assumed that you would figure it out for yourself. Besides, I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions when it comes to...these types of matters.*
Magnus realized that he was arguing with his pokemon in front of Joseh and Trevor, who probably had no idea what they were arguing about.
"Oh, sorry... She's just being difficult." Magnus turned to Quillz and said. "You're having a bath tonight. Even if I have to hold you down. Now, return." She beamed back into her pokeball. "Sorry about that...I wasn't interrupting anything was I? I'm sorry if I was." He scratched his short blonde hair. He looked down at the Alien Pokemon, Rosgry.
I wonder if he misses his own planet...wherever that is.

AZSolii

Dec 30, 2008
OOC said:
Adam, I like that concept a lot. Let's gopher
Joseh began to chuckle. "I know that flustered look of a Pokemon anywhere. You never know what can happen." He sat back up. "I just always found it amusing that whenever it happened when a trainer left two of his pokemon back at the ranch, my parents would say 'We were caring for your pokemon, and my goodness we were surprised: your pokemon had an egg! We don't know how it got there...'" He laughed before dying down into a sigh.

"Nah, we were just talking about our pasts; you didn't miss too much." He clapped his hands together. "So, I just arrived back into Kanto after exploring most of Johto. It's funny how that the land group I was born in I have barely touched, save for here in Pallet Town and Saffron City. That being said, I'm curious: where should we go next?"

As he said this, Talos came up from behind him and whined to be picked up. Joseh smiled, reached down, and picked him back up. "He expects me to carry him wherever I go."

Adam Jenson

Dec 23, 2008
Walking back with his backpack in tow Trevor stopped in front of Magnus and Joseh "So you guys ready? We're all waiting for ya"

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
"mwahhhhhhhhh" Jeffery said getting up form his nap
"what are we doing" he said staring at the others
"we`re leaving for saffron city" Rodney replied talking over the shoulder
"oh well then let`s go c`Mon riolu" Jeffery said brushing grass off himself
they then said goodbye to prof. Oak and left for saffron
"so what did I miss while i was out" Jeffery asked
"eh not much quillZ got involved with another cindiquill y`know, like that and we started discussing the past and all that" magnus said as they left the ground and onto the main road.
"aw man I miss out on all the cool stuff" Jeffery moaned kicking the dirt

Adam Jenson

Dec 23, 2008
"Trust me Jeff, I think theres gonna be a whole lot more. Well now that I'm around anyways"
"Ros" sighed as his face fell to his hands

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
ROFL, I think that Rosgry just did a facepalm. That's freakin' hilarious
"Alright guys, and Heather," Magnus called everyone's attention.
"We know where we're going. The question is this; How are we going to get there. Saffron city is relatively far away from Pallet Town. If I was travelling by myself I could get there in about five days on my bike. But seeing as we're travelling together, then we have to think of a more efficient mode of transportation. Unless one of you has a car, it looks like we're walking." He checked his watch and saw the time.
"Look guys, we only have a couple of hours until it's dark. I say we get to the nearest Pokemon Center and spend the night there. We can discuss travel plans in the morning. Agreed?" They all nodded in agreement. "Good, now let's go. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get there in time for a hot meal." They set out for Viridian City, the closest Pokemon center, little more than 2/3 of a mile north of Pallet.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
As they started to walk down the beaten path Jeffery said
"I don`t think I can do this" he said looking at the ground
"what do`ya mean" Rodney looked at him puzzled
"This this whole badge thing I just don`t think I can handle it, cause I tried to get to the pokemon championships in the shinnoh region and let`s just say it did`nt end pretty"
everyone just looked at him
"aw c`mon you can`t really let one loss get you down" Trevor said walking backwards to face Jeffery
"YOU DON`T GET IT" Jeffery yelled looking at the ground, they still continued to walk to the Pokemon center

Adam Jenson

Dec 23, 2008
"Whats to get? Ya lost a fight, Ya feel depressed for a while think your a loser, then ya go back and fight. Its not rocket science"

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
A hot meal sounded good to Jared, especially after the time he spent out in the forest. He took the hike to Viridian as a bit of an opportunity to get a little bit more training in. I mean there had to be some decent wild opponents on the path, and heck, he may even find one that would make a decent compliment to Nicky. Just a matter of finding them.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Wow, that loss must have shaken him to his core. It must've been quite crushing for him to start on a new journey in a new region.
"Alright, we'll just talk about something else." Magnus said changing the subject. "Oh, I know. Let's just talk about ourselves for a little bit. It'll help us get to know each other better. I'll start." He took a deep breath.
"Well, I've lived in Eterna City, Sinnoh for most of my life. I have a younger brother, he's about fourteen, who left for his journey a year ago, he never really was much for school. My parents divorced when I was eleven, my mom remarried when I was thirteen. My stepdad was the one who gave me Quillz, this was before the wedding. I guess he just wanted to gain my love. We're on good terms now. I graduated high school early, giving me the chance to go on my own soul-searching journey. Which leads me back to here. My likes include hiking, cycling, and hunting, which would explain the bow and arrows in my pack and the knife on my belt. I'm a pretty good cook, and for some reason I've always been able to understand most of what a Pokemon says, even if it's not mine. I mean, I don't get actual words, except with Quillz, but I can understand their general tone and the idea that they're trying to get across...That's all I got. Someone go next."

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
"Well I grew up in canalave city with both parents until I was 10. it`s a port town not much happens except everyone flocks around the ships when they pull in it was a little cheesy but it was how I got riolu", Jeffery then turned and smiled at riolu who was walking proudly alongside him.
"When I left I started my journey to become the greatest Pokemon trainer and all that generic stuff I was good and I won a couple of badges and all and then...." Jeffery started to trail off
"yeah well anyway my interests are self-defense I mean I can hold my own in a fist fight and all, also I`m pretty good with medicine and herbs and potions.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Rodney had been lost this entire time he turned back to the group "Hey, guys...ummm Saffron city? I thought we could go to Pewter city first, it's not as far and Chompers and I have a better chance of beating the rock-type gym leader."

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
"I have no problem going through Pewter City, it's on the way to Saffron anyway."
As they approached the outskirts of Viridian City, they sun beginning to go down in the western sky. Flocks of bird pokemon flew overhead, flying into the trees and rustling in the trees. The clouds had turned a pale orange yellow color against the light. A group of Rattata in the field in front of them were sniffing the ground and air in search of food. One of them walked up to Rosgry and began sniffing his pockets. He swatted it away, but it smelled the food and Tackled him, causing a few pieces of food to fall out of his pockets. The Rattata took some of the fallen food and a few more came up and did the same. One was even bold enough to sit down in front of him and eat the food.
OOC: This is the first capture opportunity, I suggest someone take the chance and attack the Rattata. Magnus already doesn't want it. Decide amongst yourselves who gets it.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Ooc: Ok, everyone who wants a Rattata post in Ooc and I'll do eeny-meeny-myni-mo and pick.

Rodney asked "Hey guys, anyone in for a Rattata? Because if not then Chompers is here is in for a new friend!" He quickly fumbled around his pocket for a pokeball and expanded it to full size.

Ooc: Ok I'll do it for important catches only.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
OOC: Remember there are at least 10 Rattata within 100 feet of us. More than one person can catch one.

"I'll pass, If I want one I'll catch it later. There's millions of them in Kanto alone. Besides, I'm keeping my eye out for something a little stronger." He looked around but saw nothing but Pidgeys, Rattatas, and the occasional Sentret.