Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions thread

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Liljumpman said:
I don't care about your interpretation about my comment. Your interpretation was crap, this is a predictions thread, so I made a prediction that you immediately proved true before the game is even fucking out.

Also, saying just turn it off is stupid, because one of the major complaints I've heard is that it overpowers your whole team, instead of just being able to hand it to one mon to help it catch up. The only way to train just one mon with it is to bank all your others and have a two man party. "Just turn it off" doesn't help for single pokemon training. I'm not complaining about it, as I said I used it heaps, I'm just pointing out that it is horribly overpowered and "just turn it off" will once again be the only rebuttal to that.
It's likely that if one person misconstrues your comment, then others will as well.

And have you ever considered just switching out Pokemon?

It's not horribly overpowered, it's strong enough so that anyone can complete the game. The game defaults players to 'easy mode', to make it easier for children (I started playing Pokemon before I could even read, so this would have been great back then).

If you want to train Pokemon, then turn it on. If you want more of a challenge, then turn it off. I've had to repeat this numerous times because you seem to blank it every time, but the Exp Share is literally a difficulty setting. When someone states "just turn it off", we're literally just pointing out that the only reason the game is easy, is because you've personally set it to easy.
See, biggest problem with the Exp. Share is how it influenced the game's NPCs.

Now I love Pokemon X, but most of the game was a breeze despite me turning the thing off before I got my 4th badge. This is because Game Freak gave you an item that will, when turned on, will get your team up to at least level 70 by the end of the game without any grinding. At the same time, they had to balance the game for people that didn't take that second starter, didn't use Mega Evolutions, didn't use the Exp. Share, at all, and that's why trainers would only have 1-2 pokemon in their team, and how the Elite 4 only have 4 Pokemon each.
This could have been fixed either by restricting such a powerful item to the post-game, or scaling up the random trainers, gym leaders and Elite 4 up with more pokemon at a higher level, or both. Either way I think it was a mistake for the devs to think players would self-restrict. I mean before you challenge the 3rd gym a level 30 pokemon wouldn't be out of place on your team. I didn't expect most leaders after #4 to be rattled off so quickly in comparison so realising just how OP the Exp. Share was came too late-- not that I was really complaining. Less grinding for me tbh.

If you don't know what I mean, play ORAS without trading anything over from X, or using the experience share. It provides a better scaled challenge.

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
Josh123914 said:
If you don't know what I mean, play ORAS without trading anything over from X, or using the experience share. It provides a better scaled challenge.
My biggest challenge in ORAS is that I'm getting lost. I played "Gen 3" 3 times over one year and I still got stuck the third time trying to figure out where to go.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Fhqwhgod said:
Josh123914 said:
My biggest challenge in ORAS is that I'm getting lost. I played "Gen 3" 3 times over one year and I still got stuck the third time trying to figure out where to go.
Serebii is your friend.

If you want lost, try the original Ruby and Sapphire. Your rival isn't happy to teleport you to the next town, and in order to even get the Surf HM you need to remember some people live next door to the gym that come from a town you can get away with never visiting.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
So does anybody else think the Rotom-dex and semi-canon pick of the fire cat starter is part of a bid by Game Freak to just totally fucking destroy the popularity of Yokai-Watch?

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
undeadsuitor said:
this at least looks more like a regular 3d behind the back camera angle full time
We'll see oncemore footage is out. XY had sections with that angle. If they make this the angle full time I'd be willing to see how they manage it.

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
RaikuFA said:
Pokemon I wanna see:
Cassowary
Chupacabra
1: Cassowary yes, the raptor of the birds.
2. YES, we need Pokemon based on legends and cryptids. I know we have had a few in the past years, but imagine a forbidden forest full of them! (That would replace safari zone.)

My predictions are that there might be more of a focus on the day night cycle with radically different Pokemon available to catch. Perhaps Pokemon based on tropical island creatures. Also (this would be more of a personal wish) I would love a team Nuclear or something on those lines. A Godzilla type endgame Pokemon that is awakened by "tests by scientists" that threatens the region. Kind of like the way Groudon was supposed to.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Trump Pokemon confirmed:

I can already here it yelling "I HAVE THE STRONGEST JAWS"

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Fhqwhgod said:
My main Pokemon for gen 7! I hope I can call it President Godemperor Trump
"Yungoos used Build Wall!"
The enemy Ludicolo used Dig.
Instadeath.

I hope its a good HM Slave, because the others look really good too and there's a rumoured new Eeveelution :/

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
Josh123914 said:
I hope its a good HM Slave, because the others look really good too and there's a rumoured new Eeveelution :/
If they bring the gen 6 XP-Share back it should be no problem to juggle around 10 pokemon again.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Wow, still going strong. This may just be my most anticipated new release of the year, and so I feel justified in making a second post, this one about suggestions for new Pokemon:

A centaur Pokemon.
A chia-head Pokemon with an afro made of grass, perhaps Grass/Rock type?
A psychic Pokemon that has a pathetic and shrimpy body but a big head and strong telekinetic abilities that let it ride around on floating rocks or other small objects all the time.

A Pokemon based on the Ouroboros with 'infinite' evolutions triggered by Elemental Stones:
Ignoros (Fire/Dragon) + Thunder Stone = Jaundoros (Electric/Dragon)
Jaundoros + Water Stone = Marinoros (Water/Dragon)
Marinoros + Dusk Stone = Sepioros (Ground/Dragon)
Sepioros + Fire Stone = Ignoros

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
MegaHydreigon pls ;~;
Delphox buff would be nice to.
Overall I really like all the starters. Makes it oddly annoyingly hard to pick. I don't like the new zygarde forms though. I am not a zygarde fan, but its standard form, which I am now forced to call Zygarde %50 is a very solid design. Right now I am just not feelings these others.