Pokemon Sun and Moon's Final Starter Evolutions Revealed

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
As if I needed MORE confirmation that I'm taking Litten as my starter, its evolution is apparently a heel Tiger Mask.

Also, can we PLEASE get the exclusives list now?

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Rad Dudesman said:
Pokemon have never been "actual animals". They're monsters, hence the name of the series being Pocket Monsters. If they were meant to be animals, it'd be called Pocket Animals.
In the context of the pokemon world they ARE animals, and a majority of the designs reflect this by them being based on actual animals, just with fantastical characteristics like say... A burning mane, or an electrically charged mouse/rat/elongated cucumber thing.

I just do not like this humanization of what I've seen as animals, Litten's third form is just what flipped the lid, because it had so much potential with it's second evolution. (IN MY OPINION)

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Everything, except the alternate persian, look great. I'm especially fond of the Tapu line.

Dr.Helios

Mar 31, 2010
Incineroar has put the final nail in this Gen's coffin for me. I think I may just skip this one like I did with Pearl and Diamond, literally nothing about it has me excited and I am left with very little faith that following generations will be any good either. It's a shame really, Litten's second form had a lot of promise.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
*sigh* I was hoping that Litten's final form wouldn't be that. Why couldn't it just become some sort of quadruped jungle cat, or a saber tooth, not Meowcho Man Roardy Savage?

Guess I'm going with the owl. Not that bad I suppose. I want to get Moon, so it'll fit thematically, and its final form has a hoodie hood.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
So, after seeing Poplio's highest evolution, how do you respond to someone who dissed it initially?

Well, you heard him (sorry, I just wanted a reason to use that clip).

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Ok, so I'm going with the water starter now.

I was going with the fire-kitty, but I don't like the final evolution. The water one is very cute though. :)

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
EyeReaper said:
On an related note, what's a better name for Wrestle Kitty? Unpurrtaker or Mick Foline?
My take on it would be Big Red Meowchine, or B.R.Meowchine, for short. Though, I do like the Unpurrtaker one, too, for obvious reasons. XD

OT: Finally, a Grass starter that doesn't appear to be gimped in any way.

linkblade91 said:
Well, Decidueye stuck the landing and delivered. This go-around I am firmly on the side of Team Grass.

I will say, though, that they were gipped with the Ghost typing. Fairy beats Dark, which beats Ghost, which...is totally neutral to Fairy :/
To this, I say: Grass types normally get a Poison type move. Three guesses as to what Fairy types are weak against, and since Water is naturally weak to Grass types anyways, it's a neutrality that still works in Decidueye's favor.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Incineroar looks shit, and this coming from someone who favoured Emboar in Gen V. He does have the best signature move of the bunch though.

Decidueye is going to be the Greninja of this gen, that much is clear. However, I really like Primarina's design, glad I favoured Poppilo originally.

Feb 26, 2014
Woah, another Grass/Ghost. Even I didn't take myself seriously when I threatened to kill Dartrix. I really don't play around, apparently. Decidueye looks pretty damn awesome, so it may be worth going through that... phase.

Hated Incineroar's design at first, but it's growing on me. Fire being my favorite element, and my love for cats, definitely puts Rath up there. It's also got the best signature move.

I like Primarina's design, very idol-esque. It's pretty cool that the idol is also a dragon-slayer. That signature move is a little disappointing.