Pokemon Sun and Moon's First Legendary Distribution Event is Live

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon Sun and Moon's First Legendary Distribution Event is Live

If you've finished the main story of Pokemon Sun and Moon you can grab yourself a free legendary.

clicking this link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/17310-Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-Review-Nintendo-3DS#&gid=gallery_6637&pid=1] and scanning the QR code with the in-game QR code scanner.

Mageara is a steel/fairy type with the soul-heart ability, and best of all, comes holding a bottle cap - a rare item that allows players to use the "hyper training" feature that can alter a Pokemon's Individual Values (IVs).

Don't worry about rushing through the game to get her though, Nintendo has stated that the QR code will work "indefinitely", so Mageara will be waiting for you whenever you get around to finishing.

Source: Pokemon [http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/nows-your-chance-for-magearna/]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
...if its "Permanent" why not just Deoxys that shit and put it actually into the game?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Saelune said:
...if its "Permanent" why not just Deoxys that shit and put it actually into the game?
because soft resetting for stats is a lot easier if you don't actually have to fight and capture the giant scary monster every time

also because every additional story event takes development time

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
weirdee said:
Saelune said:
because soft resetting for stats is a lot easier if you don't actually have to fight and capture the giant scary monster every time

also because every additional story event takes development time
Mageara was one of the first Gen 7 Pokemon we knew of, so its not like this was something of a surprise, and if its in the game, we can get it after this likely is over, such as when you replay Sun or Moon after playing the newest Gen 9 Pokemon games.

I also dont think they care about people resetting for stats.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Well that clears up some confusion I had a few hours ago looking at the pokedex and seeing this pokemon, as well as some ultra beasts that I guess aren't in Moon.

Yay for free stuff, shame it's for post game stuff though.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure when that email went out, it said there was an expiration date for this event (I think it was Feb). I'm sure it didn't say "indefinitely". I went back and checked and now it does. Nintendo got on that fast. Maybe there is someone of influence with good foresight working there.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
"This QR Code cannot be scanned with this system"
So... is it just NA?