pokemon types

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I love the combination of ground and water.
A stone/bug pokemon could be interesting.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
I would love to see a Dragon and Grass type Pokemon, before Black and White were released I heard that Smugleaf's final evolution would be Grass/Dragon, sadly that's not the case.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Beryl77 said:
I love the combination of ground and water.
A stone/bug pokemon could be interesting.
Armaldo is a Rock and Bug type, jus' saying...
Anyways I'd like to see a grass and dragon, or a bug and dragon, it'd be interesting to see the sissy types look all awesome when paired up with Dragon.
They released quite a lot of obscure type-combinations in the newest games, like ground/ghost and dark/steel etc. so if they keep that up for another generation they'll probably end up covering all the best ones.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Gotta go with Water, Ground and Electricity.

Feraligatr is a badass mutha, wheras Quagsire is an epic combo (just like Swampert) and I just can't get enough Electabuzz. ^^

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Psycho Cat Industries said:
Sonic Doctor said:
You missed my point. Fire/Fighting just has way too many weaknesses. They may have speed, but every time I have encountered somebody using one, they were pushovers and speed was never enough. Strength was never enough either since my pokemon are mainly trained against certain pokemon that boost mine in the areas of defense as well as speed.
Ah.Well,I never really delved into the online combat since friend codes and the like,but I will note that for B&W.Thanks for the tip.
Well, wasn't talking about online, I was talking about fighting friends and in game battles. Never been able to get a good wireless connection to go online.

Other than that, I curious, do you not know how to train your pokemon to boost only certain stats more than other when they level up?

Example: I go into a cave and fight a ton of Golbats. The game doesn't tell you this, but fighting and leveling from fighting certain pokemon gives bonuses(Effort Points) to certain stats when they level up. Golbats give extra Effort Points in the Speed stat(2 I believe). So if you fight a bunch of Golbats, your pokemon will be trained for Speed. To show this further, have you ever wondered why a pokemon of yours has at times gained 0 points in a stat? It means you didn't fight pokemon that are strong in that stat. To go even further, there are pokemon of mine that are normally deemed as slow and weren't seeming to gain enough Speed points. When I found out about these Effort points that run in the background, I fought against a bunch of Golbats and instead of gaining only 1 or 2 points of speed a level, they ended up gaining 3 to sometimes 5 points of speed a level.

If you didn't know about this, which I would be surprised if you didn't, go to www.serebii.net. I don't remember where, but somewhere on there it tells the special background effort points in stats that you get for fighting certain pokemon.

And if you did know, that's okay, at least this is here for other people that aren't informed, because I know when I found out about it, it entirely changed the way I played the game.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
I prefer Norris type Pokemon.
But there's only one of those, and he can't be contained in any game cartridge!

Yoshisummons

Aug 10, 2010
Normal types are not the jack of all trades, they are always a crappy hp whore with little to no defense with some special defence and some actually have a little attack power on a few of them like Snorlax. I would love if they made a few variations among the little to none used types like ice types which for the most part were primarily for dragon sniping and suck at everything else(This is only with my knowledge within the first three generations because I refuse to buy a DS just for pokemon). In fact, let's get a pure bug/ice/ghosts like just one please?

I'll go for dragon types since I love me some sweeper's but have only recently a newfound love for the non in your face hard and fast like a Breloom spore/substitute/spore combo yum.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Sonic Doctor said:
You missed my point. Fire/Fighting just has way too many weaknesses. They may have speed, but every time I have encountered somebody using one, they were pushovers and speed was never enough. Strength was never enough either since my pokemon are mainly trained against certain pokemon that boost mine in the areas of defense as well as speed.
Ah.Well,I never really delved into the online combat since friend codes and the like,but I will note that for B&W.Thanks for the tip.
Well, wasn't talking about online, I was talking about fighting friends and in game battles. Never been able to get a good wireless connection to go online.

Other than that, I curious, do you not know how to train your pokemon to boost only certain stats more than other when they level up?

Example: I go into a cave and fight a ton of Golbats. The game doesn't tell you this, but fighting and leveling from fighting certain pokemon gives bonuses(Effort Points) to certain stats when they level up. Golbats give extra Effort Points in the Speed stat(2 I believe). So if you fight a bunch of Golbats, your pokemon will be trained for Speed. To show this further, have you ever wondered why a pokemon of yours has at times gained 0 points in a stat? It means you didn't fight pokemon that are strong in that stat. To go even further, there are pokemon of mine that are normally deemed as slow and weren't seeming to gain enough Speed points. When I found out about these Effort points that run in the background, I fought against a bunch of Golbats and instead of gaining only 1 or 2 points of speed a level, they ended up gaining 3 to sometimes 5 points of speed a level.

If you didn't know about this, which I would be surprised if you didn't, go to www.serebii.net. I don't remember where, but somewhere on there it tells the special background effort points in stats that you get for fighting certain pokemon.

And if you did know, that's okay, at least this is here for other people that aren't informed, because I know when I found out about it, it entirely changed the way I played the game.
yea, dusknoir has base special and normal defence of 135 (60 is average) and I trained one in HP using a held item which turns all effort point into effort points for hp(can get one for every type) and it takes even 4 hits of a super effective attack to take him down and has he has fire, ice, thunder and shadow punch he has type advantage for nearly every type.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Dragons and Ghosts are awesome of course and so is Steel.

A mix between Dragon and Ghost would be awesome; I would let my Dragonite and Ghastly breed and get; Ghastonite >:D
Girantina is a Ghost Dragon. It also rocks! :D
OT: A Fire Water would be interesting. Also, it would look awesome.

Nov 12, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Sonic Doctor said:

I am familiar.There just aren't enough people around this town of mine that play Pokemon for me to keep interest after beating the game.

Nov 12, 2010
Yoshisummons said:
Normal types are not the jack of all trades, they are always a crappy hp whore with little to no defense with some special defence and some actually have a little attack power on a few of them like Snorlax. I would love if they made a few variations among the little to none used types like ice types which for the most part were primarily for dragon sniping and suck at everything else(This is only with my knowledge within the first three generations because I refuse to buy a DS just for pokemon). In fact, let's get a pure bug/ice/ghosts like just one please?

I'll go for dragon types since I love me some sweeper's but have only recently a newfound love for the non in your face hard and fast like a Breloom spore/substitute/spore combo yum.
An excuse for you to get a Ds,there is a new golden sun and a plethora of good Dragon Quest games

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
StealthyNinja said:
Dark, Dragon, Bug and Ground are my favorite types. Dark is badass, Dragons are rare and really powerful, Bug has Scyther and Heracross among others and Ground has Diglett... I <3 diglett

Aris Khandr said:
I want to see Yanma get another evolution, to become a Bug/Dragon type. I think it'd be nifty.

Still Bug/flying but it's called Yanmega so it is win.
That's why I said I wanted Yanma to get another evolution.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Biosophilogical said:
Dark has Umbreon (and doesn't have a 'common-type' weakness)
Bug and Fighting. I always have an attack from both of those types in my party(Bug Buzz, usually, and I always have somebody that at least knows Rock Smash), and everybody else that I know does the same.

So, unless you are packing a Spiritomb or a Sableye(Dark/Ghost), your Dark type is going to be in a world of hurt.
I normally have a flying type in my party for the HM (unless I'm just using HM whores, in which case I normally have a two or more of either Scyther, Haunter or Arcanine, so the only bug-types that give me trouble are the inconveniently double-typed ones (and I'll normally have something that is either resistant to tehm and neutral against them, or weak to them but super-effective anyway).