Pokemon - Why Is It So Wrong To Like It?

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
liking it is wrong? news to me. i still play the games all the time. i have every version except leaf green so far.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
I personally love it, although i wasn't overly impressed with pearl personally. I was expecting a lot more from the DS (even though I've clocked around 200 hours EV training/breeding that perfect squad...which still isn't that perfect)

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Wrong? If it's wrong to love pokemon, it's wrong to love Bulbasaur, and death to anyone who says it's wrong to love Bulbasaur! I mean look at him:

ZerOmega

Sep 14, 2008
I figure it's condemnable because we (or at least majority of us) are not it's target audience. Well, I used to be, but then I grew up. It's kinda similar effect when you see a grown man playing on sandbox. The problem is that Pokemon is so damn enjoyable that we haven't really grown out from it, I guess.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Any game that targets children with an idealized concept of slavery and then makes them buy the exact same game 5 times within a year with a different cover and maybe, maybe, an extra slave or two in a different colored box is why it is so wrong. Corrupting, while pocket mining the youth of a nation in retaliation for nuclear strikes is cold blooded.

And those bastards had it coming in the first place.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Pokemon is awesome. Don't listen to these people who tell you that it is wrong to play it.

It's probably something to do with the gaming stereotype, or the fact that the game in question has more colours than the average modern game.

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
I have no idea where you live, but I go to a school filled with jocks, assholes, and of course a few nerds and geeks like me, but a good chunk of the school likes Pokemon, even the jocks and assholes you'd think would hate it. I've heard it in the football locker room, and seen two people with a link cable after school. If you talk about a long busride or anything else boring, many people will thank Pokemon for entertainment.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
IMO Red, Blue, Gold and Silver were great games that I would replay if I still had them. But I stopped liking the games after those games.

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Pokémon is awesome and I will give any person that thinks otherwise the evil eye every time I see them. Nobody comes between me and my pokkimanz.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
':-D

my avatar on most online forums and my msn etc is usually a pokemon.

switching between charizard and treecko the now

RomanLegacy

May 6, 2009
I have quite a few friends who play pokemon, but its kind of a closet thing. We all play it, but we don't really talk about it with one another, or play it together.

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
I played pokemon right up until Emerald and would probably buy the new ones if i had a DS. the only criticism i have of the new games is the new pokemon i mean Bidoof? Beweazel? the idiot that came up with those ones should be booted out of nintendo creatures and the world of game design. i still enjoy playing yellow, crystal, red and leafgreen though.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I thought the game was good. My biggest problem with the series was all the marketing they shoved down kids throats. Buy the Game! Buy the Cards! Buy the DVDs! Buy the Lunch Box! Gotta Catch um All!! If you don't your a loser and your friends will hate you! Buy the Toys! Buy the Movie Tickets! Gotta Catch um All!

It got to the point where I was sick of it and I stopped caring.

Plus I started to realize that Pokemon is nothing more than Cockfighting with Electric Rats.

LlamaKing

Aug 12, 2009
no matter how hard i try i always seem to buy the new game mainly the more man-ish title or cooler legendary pokemon

and i love the movies they are excellent much better than the show

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
I just finally got around to buying a DS....so I bought Pokemon Diamond. My husband makes fun of me a bit, telling me it's a kids game, but I don't listen to him, because he's never played one of the games anyway!

A lot of people think of it as kids games because of the TV show...which of course came after the games! But the games themselves can be quite complex and are very good examples of RPGs. And besides....they're fun!