Pokemon X and Y Street Date Broken in Canada and Italy.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
I'm a little disappointed that things were leaked, but I'm also relieved that the leaks are so far hard to find unless you're looking for them. All I've spoiled for myself were the final evolutions of the starters, just because I wanted to know those anyway before I bought the game. The rest I am still blissfully unaware of.

Right now I just feel sorry for the retailers who broke the street date. I'm not sure they realize the magnitude of shit nintendo is going to give them for this.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Raine_sage said:
I'm a little disappointed that things were leaked, but I'm also relieved that the leaks are so far hard to find unless you're looking for them. All I've spoiled for myself were the final evolutions of the starters, just because I wanted to know those anyway before I bought the game. The rest I am still blissfully unaware of.

Right now I just feel sorry for the retailers who broke the street date. I'm not sure they realize the magnitude of shit nintendo is going to give them for this.
I really don't feel sorry for any of those retailers.

They knew EXACTLY what the release dates are, and they should know damn well not to cross Nintendo on something like this. Or rather any videogame company. Especially when the release was that big.

Yes. Nintendo is going to make sure they regret that decision very hard.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
xPixelatedx said:
Headsprouter said:
Personally, I hope, as the article says, Nintendo will do something to silence these voices, soon. Then again, I'm not even sure that they can.
OR... you know, just allow all retailers to sell the games sitting in the backs of their damned stores. Street dates are the most stupid thing in the industry, I'm glad some places are selling copies already.

I just wish it would happen a lot more, because if street dates couldn't keep, they would stop trying to use that system and maybe give us games when they're ready.
The get them earlier because they have to compensate for the possibilities for delays and mishaps in shipment. Especially if all the games are supposed to be released universally.
They had a release date, and they know not to break that date. Then some idiot had to go and give the game to his friend who later splurged it all over the internet.

Now he's trying to "save his friend" when his friend and that entire store are already fucked to high heaven the very moment a representative with a Nintendo logo came knocking on their storefront.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
Dragonbums said:
Raine_sage said:

I really don't feel sorry for any of those retailers.

They knew EXACTLY what the release dates are, and they should know damn well not to cross Nintendo on something like this. Or rather any videogame company. Especially when the release was that big.

Yes. Nintendo is going to make sure they regret that decision very hard.
Well I feel sorry for them likely because this was the result of one idiot manager who can't read a calender rather than a unanimous decision on the part of the chain. As someone who has worked in retail I can sympathize with the feeling of walking in to work and going "Holy shit who put these out?! These are not supposed to be out!" Only rather than having to deal with grumpy customers wondering why they can't buy the TV advertised on the floor, it's probably going to end up in financial ruin. At the very least people are going to get fired.

It was stupid, and whoever did it probably knew it was a bad idea. But that doesn't mean there aren't going to be innocent bystanders who get fucked up the ass cause their boss was a moron. Or bosses getting fucked by an idiot employee couldn't wait ten days.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
xPixelatedx said:
Headsprouter said:
Personally, I hope, as the article says, Nintendo will do something to silence these voices, soon. Then again, I'm not even sure that they can.
OR... you know, just allow all retailers to sell the games sitting in the backs of their damned stores. Street dates are the most stupid thing in the industry, I'm glad some places are selling copies already.

I just wish it would happen a lot more, because if street dates couldn't keep, they would stop trying to use that system and maybe give us games when they're ready.
Ah, I hadn't thought of that...maybe I was blinded by bureaucracy. Kind of like the government...

But yeah, if everyone went and got their games early, but at the same time I don't see any issue with it.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Eh, I'm not morally opposed to people getting their stuff early.

I mean, if it was my friend, I'd high-five that ************. Or get him to try and sell it on ebay.

Leaking/posting spoilers before the release date though? Well that's just plain rude and dumb.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
It's not like there is much to spoil about pokemon games.

I don't mind a few evolution spoilers, it will help me in selecting my starter. For now i guess i'll choose the water starter this time.

Juste Goose

Aug 1, 2013
Looks like Chespin's all grown up...

I kinda like it. Could have been way worse. I'm still going with the little guy, but I'll keep him Quilladin a bit longer.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
xPixelatedx said:
Headsprouter said:

Of all the things in the industry, street dates are the most sensible.

Because strangely enough, its not possible to get copies of games all around the world on the same day.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Well, I'm glad to know the final typing of the Fennikin family, and to see the final Froakie evo, but that's it. I'll try to avoid as much as I can. Still, wish I had a copy ten days early.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I don't even know what I look for when I see "evolution" posts really, but I still actively avoid spoilers. Haven't played any Pokemon since Yellow, just suddenly decided I should get the latest one and now I'm hyped! Can't wait!!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Other than my previous joke post, I found this one to be rather relevant to the topic at hand:

I mean seriously, what's the big deal? It's frickin' Pokémon...add in a new mechanic and suddenly they think they're breaking the mold on the series and re-inventing it. You're still just going around stuffing animals into tiny balls and making them fight for your amusement while talking about the power of friendship, love, and comradery with said animals. I'm sorry PokePlayers out there, but I just really don't see what the big deal is about learning what mini giant dinosaur you'll be capturing a few days early.