Police Pinch Pokemon Pre-release Photographer

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
RikSharp said:
N.1 Ninja Of 2010 said:
I'm a serious hardcore fan of Pokemon and I love to see next gen pics!
exactly, the only people who would want to see them are fans of the series...
showing these early was done to generate interest, not to "steal" from "the man"
And hardcore fans will probably end up buying the game anyway. Like, if he stole music, musicians would have a right to complain because the people who took it will probably never buy it, but would listen to it anyway.

What are they afraid of losing: is a fan going to say "Ok, I've seen 9 pokemon, that's all I need to enjoy the game." Nintendo loses no money on this, and actually gains a bit of publicity.

wolfgirl90

Mar 6, 2009
Prof. Monkeypox said:
RikSharp said:
N.1 Ninja Of 2010 said:
I'm a serious hardcore fan of Pokemon and I love to see next gen pics!
exactly, the only people who would want to see them are fans of the series...
showing these early was done to generate interest, not to "steal" from "the man"
And hardcore fans will probably end up buying the game anyway. Like, if he stole music, musicians would have a right to complain because the people who took it will probably never buy it, but would listen to it anyway.

What are they afraid of losing: is a fan going to say "Ok, I've seen 9 pokemon, that's all I need to enjoy the game." Nintendo loses no money on this, and actually gains a bit of publicity.
While they may not "lose" anything, that still doesn't mean that the guy didn't violate Nintendo's copyright. We don't make exemptions in our laws just because someone stole something that really wouldn't effect another person, especially if the opinion of whether or not the person actually lost something is coming from the THIEF.

Japanese copyright law grants the author of a work the right to control how their work is released and distributed to the public (in fact, this right is the foundation of copyright laws around the world, including the US). Nintendo has this right like anyone else and Sekiguchi violated Nintendo's copyright by distributing those pictures illegally.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Ok i thought suing the guy that uploaded new super mario bros was completely fine, but this is a bit much.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
This Pokemon perpetrator should plead for pity and pray these pictures portray a pittance of pristine purpose.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
How can you people be so ignorant? you tell me that copying games is bad but dont care about photos and music? shame on you shame.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I never played or watched anything Pokemon-related so I dunno much about it, but that last picture on "Pokabu's Evolution" reminds me of Eh! Steve!

Cookie for reference.