Police use pepper spray on a baby squirrel

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009

http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/04/08/6435540-officer-caught-on-video-pepper-spraying-baby-squirrel?gt1=43001

Maybe that squirrel was rabid. I don't know. But it seemed kinda cute when it hopped after the officer.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
My god those people are so dumb

'Im just goin stand there and do nothing and talk in a irritating voice' those people may no attempt to stop him. Talk is Cheap

if i was the police officer i wud have turned around and Said 'Jesus SHUT UP' [Mace to the Face]

the Squirrel yeh he got the harsh end of the stick maybe the officers was scared of it or something

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I think if he wants to do something like this, he should do it on his own time. Not while he's on duty and in uniform.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Weird that the police responded, but there really is no better way for someone untrained in animal issues to deal with possibly rabid animals. What he needs is the proper equipment, something that animal control should have had. That said it used to be that suspected rabid animals were simply shot. Pepper spray just seems to be a waste of time in that respect.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Rayne870 said:
Weird that the police responded, but there really is no better way for someone untrained in animal issues to deal with possibly rabid animals. What he needs is the proper equipment, something that animal control should have had. That said it used to be that suspected rabid animals were simply shot. Pepper spray just seems to be a waste of time in that respect.
I don't think he was responding to the animal being there. I think he was there, and the thing happened to walk up and he sprayed it. If they had thought the thing was rabid, they would have gotten the kids inside a long time ago.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Wow....there truly is no facepalm picture worthy of this. How fucking, I can't even think of an adjective to use here, they all fail to grasp the thought I want to insert into the question.

I suppose all I can say is: They sure don't train cops like they used to. It was a fucking squirrel!! At worst all it would have done was piss on your legs or made you run around in circles screaming like the 5 year old animal torturer that you probably were!

Crap like this just pisses me off!

Act like you have some g-damn sense!

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Is it any wonder the police force put this guy in a school? He should be attending classes there I think.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I'd like some more info on the situation before I make any judgments, but from what little there is looks really bad for the officer.

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
Why would anyone do anything to a BABY squirrel...that thing even if it was rabid, he could probably barely even chew his own food yet let alone bite someone...every time another one of these "abusing baby animals" videos pops up i lose a little bit more faith in humanity...

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
cWg | Konka said:
I hope he gets shot by someone for this
Really? really? It's a wild, feral animal, notice how as the squirrel gets closer, the crowd also back away from it. So he deserves to die for warding off a feral animal that is capable of attacking him (sure not life threatening, but it could give some very nasty scratches and bites, and if it has rabies or a disease, then heck, it could be life threatening!)

I was walking through James Park in London last year, and a squirrel jumped on a ladys leg and tried to scale her. They are dirty, evil little vermin, do not be fooled by the disney aesthetic.

EDIT: I just read the attached report, it turns out the officer was called to the scene because the squirrel was suspected of having rabies, so a rabid squirrel approaches you and a large group of children aggressively, I personally would berate you for not pepper spraying the little furry turd, rabies is still a killer disease, if he did not act the children and his lives were threatened. Death doesn't always ride a pale horse and carry a scythe. (And the squirrel was caught and cleaned up afterwards and was absolutely fine.)

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Lilani said:
Rayne870 said:
I don't think he was responding to the animal being there. I think he was there, and the thing happened to walk up and he sprayed it. If they had thought the thing was rabid, they would have gotten the kids inside a long time ago.
We don't have the information to determine that unfortunately.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
That seems more than a litle overzealous. I can't even imagine a situation in which that tiny rodent would be a threat[footnote]It didn't LOOK like it was rigged to explode[/footnote]. In which case, the officer in question was just being a dick.

And if it were staged, he was still just being a dick. He's a dick either way.

What a pathetic little man.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
It could of had a infectious disease its just an animal and while that may not of been nice it was better to mace it and no one gets bitten.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
This video is probably out of context, i`m sure that the officer didn`t come to a random school just to torture animals in front of whiny children. By the way its weird that the squirrel approached the man, every squirrel i encountered ran to the opposite direction, maybe i`m just that ugly.. :/

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
Rayne870 said:
have you ever tried to shoot a rabid baby squirrel? they are tough to hit

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
aaaaaah! its a squirrel! its going to destroy us! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
cmon ppl, are you really that dumb? you afraid of flies too?
pathetic.....

edit: whats interesting to me is... what was this police guy doing there? somebody called police?
like in "help us, we are attacked by a squirrel"? and they responded?!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Ack, I thought this was a parody thread of the story about the police that pepper sprayed some eight year old kid, so I laughed when I saw the title.
Poor squirrel. :'<