Politician Apologizes for "Inexcusable" Solitaire-Playing

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Here's an exerpt from his speech he was going to give;

Your all n00bs, this budget has Epic Fail written all over it. I see how you allocate funds and all I can say is WTF, State transport is totally pwned. We need to farm more gold if we want our education system to level up. We need more 1337 users. Without better spending states like New Jersey will all be LOL at us.

Hennessy Out.

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
As said above, we are all guilty of doing mindless crap when boring shit is happening.
I would like to add that I further do not mind lawmakers doing this because they will pass less laws. My idea of the perfect Congress is one with a month-long session that does NOTHING and goes home. The only thing that would be better is actively repealing laws, but that would be too amazing to more than hope...
Anyway, I see this particular incident as a form of protest. He, and many others, were protesting that they had to sit through the damn thing. Some to the great statesmen of the past have walked-out, started a fight, dueled, screamed irately, smoked, feigned sleep, slept, hummed, and whistled. This man played on the computer, and I'm proud of him.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
He could've picked a more interesting game. He should be a multi-tasker.

He should go on raids during House meetings.

Or play COD4.

"Rep. Hennessy, what do you think of the bill on the floor?"
"I think the guy with the P90 needs to go hang himself for being such a total nob, thats what."
omg epic

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
I'd actually prefer if the Republican that yelled 'You lie!' recently while in a meeting apologized, but, c'est la vie. Can't have everything. Honestly, the former is more offensive than this; this is more slacking off slightly than anything. Though to be fair, if a politician who's getting paid very well to do what he does actually had to resort to playing Solitaire to stay awake, that probably says something about the quality of these kinds of meetings.

Computer-Noob

Mar 21, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Paragon Fury said:

Or play COD4.

"I think the guy with the P90 needs to go hang himself for being such a total nob, thats what."
I like this train of thought. Also...

?

Blown out of proportion either way, though, quite a few of them were slacking off. I think it's just because maybe they are meant to be better than that or something.
I was about to say that my picture relates to what happened when this guy was caught, but then you went ahead and essentially beat me to it : /

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Computer-Noob said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Paragon Fury said:

Or play COD4.

I like this train of thought. Also...

?

Blown out of proportion either way, though, quite a few of them were slacking off. I think it's just because maybe they are meant to be better than that or something.
I was about to say that my picture relates to what happened when this guy was caught, but then you went ahead and essentially beat me to it : /
Meh, it's what I do. >_>

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
open trap said:
Paragon Fury said:

Or play COD4.

omg epic
Even better:

*Rep from across the floor*
"Yeah, f%^& you Hennessy! Camping like a ***** with your RPD like you think you got skill or something."

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Malygris said:
It's also bears mentioning, I think, that while people, in particular the Republican party, are up in arms [http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-solitaire-0904.artsep04,0,3439180.story] over the game-playing, nobody seems to have said a word about the guy sitting behind them who's quite clearly watching a baseball game.
Yeah, but baseball is so boring to watch it was probably worse than listening to a speech on finance.

I have this whole image of the U.S. Senate playing World of Warcraft now.

"Mister president, It is my opinion that you should delete your Belf Death Knight. 'She's hawt' doesn't make up for you being a retard while you play her. Dammit, Palin's ganking me in WSG, get on Trade to look for premades! McCain's on his Gnome Warrior! BRACE FOR CHARGE!"

The UK parliament plays Guild Wars. It's less eventful all round.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
open trap said:
Paragon Fury said:

Or play COD4.

omg epic
Even better:

*Rep from across the floor*
"Yeah, f%^& you Hennessy! Camping like a ***** with your RPD like you think you got skill or something."
this is why we have these people, so we can make fun of them