[Politics?] Biden has eye hemorrhage during town hall meeting

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yup, [https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bidens-eye-fills-with-blood-during-cnn-climate-town-hall] he needs to call it quits. Or at least have a damn good VP pick. With that many health problems it?s pretty clear he isn?t fit to lead.

Also it?s kinda telling how the major networks haven?t seemed to report on this yet. If it happened to Trump it?d probably be all we?d see (no pun).

Sep 28, 2016
World leaders being the main focus of attention while they pull all of us down the toilet alongside them in their egocentric pursuit for greed and glory is not only logical, it is of utmost importance that they're kept under close scrutiny. A guy who is not anywhere close to power getting whisked away for a common medical issue is nothing. It isn't an insurmountable challenge to understand the difference.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
There's a lot more wrong with the possiblity of Biden running against Trump than any real or imagined health issues. There is something profoundly wrong with a country when its most important election boils down to "Choose your favourite child molester."

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
A burst blood vessel in the eye, while unnerving to look at, is usually harmless. This isnt something to worry about on it's own.

Joe Biden should not be the chosen candidate for entirely different reasons: his years of baggage, his tepid and uninspiring platform, his misogyny.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
*Sigh*, ok this IS a politics thread so I guess someone has to get the ball of contention rolling. *ahem*:

What you witnessed here was merely a swelling of national pride so great that it culminated in a rupture in the very organ with which Biden envisions our bright future under his leadership. Biden for President in 2020; if you disagree with or think differently from me, ?tis but evidence of your questionable parentage.

[/facetiousness]

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
hanselthecaretaker said:
Yup, [https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bidens-eye-fills-with-blood-during-cnn-climate-town-hall] he needs to call it quits. Or at least have a damn good VP pick. With that many health problems it's pretty clear he isn?t fit to lead.
A burst blood vessel is the least of the reasons Biden should drop out. No, a "damn good" VP pick isn't sufficient.

Silvanus said:
A burst blood vessel in the eye, while unnerving to look at, is usually harmless. This isnt something to worry about on it's own.

Joe Biden should not be the chosen candidate for entirely different reasons: his years of baggage, his tepid and uninspiring platform, his misogyny.
... the videos of him sniffing the hair of uncomfortable children, the addled statements that can easily be construed as dementia...

[tweet t="https://twitter.com/SilERabbit/status/1169691307847012352"]

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I had a mild one of these about a month ago, it's usually no big deal.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
hanselthecaretaker said:
Yup, [https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bidens-eye-fills-with-blood-during-cnn-climate-town-hall] he needs to call it quits. Or at least have a damn good VP pick. With that many health problems it?s pretty clear he isn?t fit to lead.

Also it?s kinda telling how the major networks haven?t seemed to report on this yet. If it happened to Trump it?d probably be all we?d see (no pun).
Not wanting to be ageist, but I have no idea why the USA seems to have such a hard-on for over-70s to rule the roost. That's the sort of age most people have been long since been kicked out of work.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Agema said:
Not wanting to be ageist, but I have no idea why the USA seems to have such a hard-on for over-70s to rule the roost. That's the sort of age most people have been long since been kicked out of work.
Well... not in Tory Britain it won't be!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Can we please make candidates do a mental and health screening if they choose to run? It's not ageism since Bernie is older than Biden, but he is clearly more healthy than Biden.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Marik2 said:
Can we please make candidates do a mental and health screening if they choose to run? It's not ageism since Bernie is older than Biden, but he is clearly more healthy than Biden.
Just let people who aren't a million years old do the job.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Baffle2 said:
Marik2 said:
I don't care how old someone is if they want the job. What matters is if they show signs of dementia or anything negative that would influence decision making.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Marik2 said:
Baffle2 said:
Marik2 said:
I don't care how old someone is if they want the job. What matters is if they show signs of dementia or anything negative that would influence decision making.
Which basically disqualifies Trump off the bat. I can't for the life of me see how his followers can see Hillary Cough and decide she's not healthy enough to be President, but their Bro currently in the White House shows clear signs of either Dementia or some kind of Untreated Mental Illness and they're fine with laughing it off.

Then again, the same people give El Cheeto a pass for the same things they claim to hate about Hillary. Apparently the R next to his name really is the only thing they care about.

Yeah, I would like to see Health Screenings, Tax Return, every deal/holding you've ever made in a public/private capacity that could remotely relate to your candidacy, your donors, etc.

You want to run the Country, there should be total transparency just who you are and who you have connections with.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Marik2 said:
If I were to be harsh, old age is a negative effect on decision making. How old can someone be and still be a contender for world chess champion? Probably about 45, tops. You're on the downhill much earlier than 45, and it's going to get worse faster as you get older.

Old age is inevitably accompanied by cognitive decline. That doesn't mean that 70 or 80-year-olds can't be very, very sharp, but they necssarily have worse memories, less concentration and attentiveness than they used to, and less mental flexibility. What is the "sweet spot" of accumulated knowledge without aged-related decline? I'm sure it varies, and I'm sure plenty of 70-something are suitable to be presidents and prime ministers. But a little part of me says 70 should be around the time senior politicians think about giving up their ambiitions.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Agema said:
Marik2 said:
If I were to be harsh, old age is a negative effect on decision making. How old can someone be and still be a contender for world chess champion? Probably about 45, tops. You're on the downhill much earlier than 45, and it's going to get worse faster as you get older.

Old age is inevitably accompanied by cognitive decline. That doesn't mean that 70 or 80-year-olds can't be very, very sharp, but they necssarily have worse memories, less concentration and attentiveness than they used to, and less mental flexibility. What is the "sweet spot" of accumulated knowledge without aged-related decline? I'm sure it varies, and I'm sure plenty of 70-something are suitable to be presidents and prime ministers. But a little part of me says 70 should be around the time senior politicians think about giving up their ambiitions.
Perhaps. But such concerns seem easily overridden by other considerations.

Obviously not in the case of Joe Biden.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Seanchaidh said:
Agema said:
Marik2 said:

I keep thinking that if Biden had run in 2016, he might have gotten the nomination instead of Hillary and we might have been spared Trump. I understand his son died at the time and I feel for him on that, but now it feels like there's a sense of "My Turn now. I'm owed this".

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Majestic Manatee said:
World leaders being the main focus of attention while they pull all of us down the toilet alongside them in their egocentric pursuit for greed and glory is not only logical, it is of utmost importance that they're kept under close scrutiny.
If it had happened to Trump during the last election, it still would have been all we'd see or hear about for at least a couple of days.

Seanchaidh said:
... the videos of him sniffing the hair of uncomfortable children, the addled statements that can easily be construed as dementia...
Yeh, there are quite a few of those, not quite as many as Trump has made, but that's not a high bar.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Dalisclock said:
Seanchaidh said:
Agema said:
Marik2 said:

I keep thinking that if Biden had run in 2016, he might have gotten the nomination instead of Hillary and we might have been spared Trump.
He might have cut into Hillary's support, but she had locked down the democratic party elite very early. I don't think he'd have won the primary and his politics are so similar to Hillary's that I'm not sure he'd have fared any better in the general.

Dalisclock said:
I understand his son died at the time and I feel for him on that, but now it feels like there's a sense of "My Turn now. I'm owed this".
Sounds familiar.

Schadrach said:
Yeh, there are quite a few of those, not quite as many as Trump has made, but that's not a high bar.
Indeed not.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Seanchaidh said:
He might have cut into Hillary's support, but she had locked down the democratic party elite very early. I don't think he'd have won the primary and his politics are so similar to Hillary's that I'm not sure he'd have fared any better in the general.
What he might have done is been more appealing to certain sectors of the populace that moved towards Trump in some key states.