Poll: 35minutes of Witcher 3 gameplay demo (E3)

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Well the day has finally arrived fellow escapists!

Feast your eyes upon the behind the closed doors demo of Witcher 3 back from E3 and SDCC (I am not certain they are the same).

Morgoth780

Aug 6, 2014
I'm definitely looking forward to it but... hyped? To be honest, I don't feel particularly hyped for it. But I don't often get hyped for games. Witcher 3 is one of the few releases I'm looking forward to though, and there's only a few I'm really looking forward to.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
My PC which can max the Witcher 2 at 60fps (minus ubersampling) melted watching this YouTube video... also i may have orgasmed.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
spartandude said:
My PC which can max the Witcher 2 at 60fps (minus ubersampling) melted watching this YouTube video... also i may have orgasmed.
Yeah mind did as well. There is no way I'm not buying a 880 Maxwell for this game..my 560ti won't be able to handle it and I want to see it in it's full glory (minus ubersampling of course).

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I'm nervous as fuck man. Not sure about playing this with a 7950.
Every engine is different and optimization is really the key, but I think you should be fine running it on high. Not highest, mind you. The thing is, this game will have PhysX that, by the looks of it, will add A LOT to the overall eye candy.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Looks very promising. If reviewers don't catch any serious flaws, then I'll happily pay full price for this one.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I've heard rumours about a 780 (non ti) running this game at 1080p 60 at ultra at around 40-45fps. So a big upgrade might be needed if you want all the eye candy.

Morgoth780

Aug 6, 2014
DarkhoIlow said:
I've heard rumours about a 780 (non ti) running this game at 1080p 60 at ultra at around 40-45fps. So a big upgrade might be needed if you want all the eye candy.
Yeah I have a 7950 as well and I've been planning on getting an GTX 880 (Ti) or R9 390 (x) depending on what's the best when Witcher 3 releases.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
that 35-minute demo made me want to preorder the version for 130 quid.
I hope that answers your question.

In all seriousness, the game looks amazing at this stage. I don't normally get hyped like this but with CD project, you know what you're getting into. Out of all the publishers, they've got to be the only one that have actually earned my trust.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I admit, it does look amazing. So much detail. I never played a Witcher game before, but I'll definitely pick this one up. I always wanted to play the previous Witcher games but they were never released on PS3. Glad I finally get the chance now with the third game as it's released on PS4 as well.

Natenanimous

Aug 12, 2014
The game is pre-ordered, I have a GTX 770 on the grill, and the smell of Witcher 3 getting nice and seasoned up is making my mouth water. It looks fantastic. It's going to take me forever to dig into all its nooks and crannies, and I can't wait.

Also, that soundtrack.

I'm hoping that the quest sequence we see in this demo (do a favor for someone so they'll tell you what you want to know, repeat) won't be the same for the entire game. But really as long as I have that gorgeous open world to explore between quests I'll make do.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I love that the developers are confident enough in their product to show off 35 minutes of unfiltered gameplay, and after having watched the full 35 minutes of gameplay I can see why they're so confident. That looks amazing.

The character design also stands out as really impressive. I love the three 'creatures' at the end and all the monsters look fantastic. Can't wait to see more!

Magix

Oct 19, 2013
Not hyped all. Why? Because I didn't watch the trailer ;)

I see no benefit in buying into that hype. The only thing it will do is make me disappointed if the game doesn't live up to it. So if I see a game I'm interested in, I just wait until it comes out, watch some gameplay, and decide if I want to play it.

I enjoyed the Witcher 2, and hope that 3 will be just as good, but I don't see how watching that trailer right now will help me.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Magix said:

I see no benefit in buying into that hype. The only thing it will do is make me disappointed if the game doesn't live up to it. So if I see a game I'm interested in, I just wait until it comes out, watch some gameplay, and decide if I want to play it.

I enjoyed the Witcher 2, and hope that 3 will be just as good, but I don't see how watching that trailer right now will help me.
Umm... that's admirable and all but this is gameplay. Not a trailer. That's what makes the video topic-worthy. It's a commentated version of the 35 mins worth of gameplay the devs were showing off at Gamescon and the like.

Magix

Oct 19, 2013
The Madman said:
Magix said:

Umm... that's admirable and all but this is gameplay. Not a trailer. That's what makes the video topic-worthy. It's a commentated version of the 35 mins worth of gameplay the devs were showing off at Gamescon and the like.
It's gameplay, but it's gameplay of a game that isn't out yet, so there's still no reason to watch it and get hyped. Watch gameplay when it's out, and watch gameplay from an actual critique, that isn't scripted or otherwise messed with to show off the good stuff and hide all the bad stuff.

Trailer or gameplay demo, the point remains the same =P
It generates hype for no reason

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I melted in my seat.

All the stuff from The Witcher 2 is here, and better than ever: same moral ambiguity, same multi-stage quests, except now the traversal looks like it will include less back-tracking, which is absolutely welcome.

The city and the graphics are just astounding. I'm waiting till I can get the occasion to pre-order this on GOG.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Magix said:
It's gameplay, but it's gameplay of a game that isn't out yet, so there's still no reason to watch it and get hyped. Watch gameplay when it's out, and watch gameplay from an actual critique, that isn't scripted or otherwise messed with to show off the good stuff and hide all the bad stuff.

Trailer or gameplay demo, the point remains the same =P
It generates hype for no reason
Skepticism is good and all but generating interest is the point of trailers. That's their purpose: To inform the potential audience about the game and capture their interest. The problem arises when company outright lie with their trailers or depict things which aren't actually in the game itself.

We should be applauding a more honest and forthwith gameplay presentation like this. It's uncut and unedited, you can even see a few glitches throughout the video, and we know it isn't a vertical slice because there's video available of game sections not shown here as well as accounts from game journalists of other areas and quests being shown off.

Good on CDProjekt I say, they deserve the good press a video like this is sure to get them and all the much deserved hype to follow.

Timpossible

Aug 4, 2014
God! I want this game now! It looks so good, so vast, so epic! Argh!
And it's CD Project...the good guys! Heavens! This is gonna be awesome.

Oh and Geralt's Buttocks looks quite nice in this tight lether pants. :p
In General this Armor ist quite tight. Intersting choice of clothing there geralt.