Poll: 360 or PC for Mass Effect 3?

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
I'm in the same position. I'm leaning towards imported saves, however if they are as important as they were for 2 then i'll go for PC. Regardless i'll wait for the GOTY, no more DLC will cut into my savings. So by then i'll know what to do.

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
I'm definitely going to have to go for the PS3 on this one. The 360 will probably require more than one disk like last time, but on the PS3 ME2 fit on one disk, even with ALL the DLC and improved graphics based on the ME3 engine.

Tr3mbl3Tr3mbl3

Mar 11, 2010
Why is this even a question? You'd have to be bat-shit fucking insane not to import your charact into ME3, especially if you're importing a Level 60 fom the first game and I'm assuming a Level 30 from the second. Mass Effect is all about keeping a consistent universe for each player. It should be a crime to play Mass Effect without file imports.

Valeriannnn

Mar 25, 2010
Definitely stick with your Shep. You've already put ~50 hours into him/her and IMHO it's worth it to have the consistency and the same character. However, I'd also look into eventually getting the games for the PC as well for a second playthrough if it's in your budget.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
A game with as many different controls all mashed into one as Mass Effect DEMANDS a play-through on the PC.

I just can't see how anyone could go through that many different commands with a 360 controller.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I have 1 and 2 on the PC so of course I'm going to get 3 on it as well, but as for you since you already have saves on the 360 you should stick with that.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I started with ME1 and ME2 on xbox, since my PC wasn't good enough to handle them on there. I played about 8 or so characters thoroughly on both games for xbox. Then I got a good PC, bought and played them on there.

I think I will definitely go just PC for ME3. I might not get all those save games from my 360, but I have remade half of them on PC already and am fine with playing it more to get the rest if I ever wish to do that. It's not even much of a problem with the advantages of PC versus console, but I hardly ever play xbox anymore and my PC is actually easier to use now than my xbox is to setup and all. So PC wins in all departments for me.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
the_hoffs_ego said:
Ummmm..... you forgot PS3.
I don't own a PS3 and this poll is designed to get a feel for what I personally should do, not which you think is best or "lol my console is better than urs".

I think I'm going to go ahead and get the game for PC. As long as I find an imported ME2 save that's similar to mine, there shouldn't really be any problems. Hell, maybe I'll buy 1 and 2 for PC when I get bored of Cataclysm. Wish I had known about that Steam sale a few days ago though.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
360, stick to all your previous saves. Besides, Mass Effect 2 didn't run much more differently on the console than it did on the PC, from what I've seen, I doubt Mass Effect 3 will do differently.

Mr.Sharpie

Mar 13, 2010
PC if its powerful enough, but PS3 comes a close 2nd, really wish Mass Effect 1 could come out on PS3 (damn Xbox exclusive)