Poll: 3ds or Playstation Vita?

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I have no interest in the 3DS, and the Vita has more value for money and more enticing features and games for me. Thus Vita wins hands down, and if Sony can devise a way to allow me to play my entire back catalog of PSP games I have without having to re-buy them, it's a done deal and /win all the way.

I'm sure the 3DS will pick up steam closer to the Vitas launch given the state that it's in and what could be a rather stiff competition. I still think Nintendo should of held off the 3DS' launch until it had more of a stable library but the holiday season should rememdy that situation...hopefully.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
The region locking on the 3DS is one of the biggest reasons I can't justify buying it. There's just no guarantee anyone would release the games I want in my region. Even if I were to import an NA 3DS, we've all seen what Nintendo of America does when it comes to localizations...

The other big reason is that I don't care about any of Nintendo's first-party franchises.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
While my inner Nintendo fanboy would usually jump on the 3DS, I'm going to have to say PSP Vita.

It just seems seems better overall, with great tech and lots of functionality, all for just above the price of a 3DS.

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
I've just started full time work and have been wondering the same. i hardly have any time to sit and play games unless its right in my pocket. The Xperia Play is cool, but all thats really there is stuff from gameloft, its cool but I'm not really looking for FPS in my pocket.
I still have my ipod though, Superbrothers is possibly one of the most engrossing games I have ever played! its brilliant! Resident Evil Degeneration is great fun and theres this UDK adventure game call Dream:Scape that i'm really getting into aswell. I want deep experiences that can be taken in bite size chunks and they're hard to find.

any suggestions? I would much appreciate it, I still have about £8 left of an iTunes voucher :D

but on topic, I have the intention come the launch of vita to make a decision on a dedicated gaming handheld. either 3ds or vita. The vita is currently in the lead but i've always liked the ds, just never enough to justify a purchase. there are however at least 10 ds games i'd like to play from their last handheld. I really cant decide!

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Isn't the Vita a phone too?

Or is that just the Ericson Expiria Play?

If it is I'd get that. But otherwise neither. I just inherited my girlfriends DS when she upgraded, so I'm playing all the Pokemon games since Gold (second gen) that I missed out on.

ThatDaveDude1

Feb 7, 2011
The Vita seems like it'll definitely be the better overall system, but from what I can tell the 3DS is going to end up with a better library of games, even it got off to a slow start, so in the end I voted for 3DS.

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
Seeing all the trouble Nintendo has porting the DS games to the 3DS, that's a reason for me to lean towards the Vita. That and the fact that the technology is too new and doesn't work so well.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
The 3DS isn't a new system, like, at all. It's an update, one the PS3 did online with a system software update. The PSV on the other hand....

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
Your poll doesn't account for all possibilities. I, for one, already own a 3DS, and plan to pick up the PS Vita when it releases.

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
Matthew94 said:
vato_loco said:
Seeing all the trouble Nintendo has porting the DS games to the 3DS, that's a reason for me to lean towards the Vita. That and the fact that the technology is too new and doesn't work so well.
Porting DS games to the 3DS, care to provide a source for that?
Yessir.

http://kotaku.com/5820692/there-are-unexpected-problems-bringing-old-games-to-the-3ds