Poll: 4chan Vs Most major western governments

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I support Anon, although they can't win. And it's not really true to label 4chan as "anarchic", since there are a lot of users on there in opposition to Anarchism.

Go Anon though. I also support Assange.

The only I thing I don't get though, is why Paypal?

Random Name 4

Oct 23, 2010
zehydra said:
I support Anon, although they can't win. And it's not really true to label 4chan as "anarchic", since there are a lot of users on there in opposition to Anarchism.

He needs donations for bail, and paypal stopped accepting donations for him.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
zehydra said:

Anon is, by definition, anarchic?

"are a lot of users on there"

No.. no you can't do that. They are legion, they are one? You're suggesting more than one.

ExplosivePerson

Dec 6, 2010
4chan has really been halfway decent nowadays. And defending the right to know what's going on is always a good thing. Godspeed, Anon. Godspeed.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I'm going with Anon here. I disagree with censorship and the fact that this guy is wanted for "sex crimes" suspiciously right before attempting to publish highly controversial leaks leads me to believe that Anon is our only hope of showing the world we hate censorship. Still, if this guy is so wanted then there's obviously got to be some seriously incriminating shit hidden inside those data files.

I'm glad they're taking action and I'm even gladder we have a site that's dedicated to transparency. As evidenced by recent events, politicians don't really like transparency.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Baneat said:
zehydra said:

No.. no you can't do that. They are legion, they are one? You're suggesting more than one.
You're talking about Anon, 4chan is not Anon.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I've said it before, I'll say it again; the Internet, as it is now, is impossible to contain. The self-styled vigilantes of 4chan personify that overwhelming power. As strange as it might be to admit, if you can get a handful of dedicated Anons on the case, things will get done, and there isn't much any government can do to stop it.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Why are the options Anon vs. U.S.?

They're going against anyone trying to silence the truth, it's unfair to assume that's just the U.S., I'm pretty sure my own government the UK wants him to quietly disappear and Sweden certainly seems to want the same.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's only a matter of time before taxpayer dollars are spent hunting down the Anonymous.

Actually, I can't wait for some (or several) politicos to use this as evidence to lock down the internet. They started with several proposed bills in Congress this year, and followed it up with the ACTA talks.

It's bound to happen again in the future.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Who Dares Wins said:
I want to see the Internet shut down, now THAT would bring anarchy.
That's impossible, except maybe if the whole world would suddenly face thousand years of darkness by the mighty overlord Zork.

Random Name 4

Oct 23, 2010
Actual said:
Why are the options Anon vs. U.S.?

They're going against anyone trying to silence the truth, it's unfair to assume that's just the U.S., I'm pretty sure my own government the UK wants him to quietly disappear and Sweden certainly seems to want the same.
Anon is the force declaring war, the US and its ***** proxies like Britain, Sweden, Australia etc

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
zehydra said:
Baneat said:
zehydra said:

Ah thought they were analogous, truth be told I don't really care beyond ideologies, and the whole anon stuff is pretentious bull.

Random Name 4

Oct 23, 2010
Baneat said:
zehydra said:
Baneat said:
zehydra said:

Ah thought they were analogous, truth be told I don't really care beyond ideologies, and the whole anon stuff is pretentious bull.
"Because the're the hero the internet deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt them, because they can take it. Because the're not an hero. The're silent guardians, watchful protectors...ANON. "

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm for Anon here on principal. Why should governments not be held accountable to their own standards for their people? If not Wikileaks, then who?

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I'm just sick of 4chan. so I will throw my vote away.
I'll support the Larpers. I wanna see them raid a White Castle.