Poll: A question for the guys: Do you enjoy dancing?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Why only the guys?
I wish it would let me select more than one option. However, mainly yes when i am confident/happy/drunk/uncaring enough. Plus i prefer to...umm...dance without rules. If that makes any sense :)

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
When I'm alone and there's no one to watch me, I LOVE IT.

In a club???.Never. It's where I feel the most lonely person on earth...

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I like dancing with my...significant others.

I can't particularly dance(or can I?).
I'm not a fan of looking like an idiot, not so because I'm self-conscious, but because I rather fly under the radar.
But having fun with my SOs trumps pretty much anything. Their opinions are the only ones that actually matter to me, and they already know what to expect from me (actually they don't).

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Why only the guys?
Because guys generally don't like to dance as much as girls, or so it seems. More information was needed but it would actually have been nice to see the whole spectrum, or most of it.

Edit: or maybe he just means us all by using guys as gender neutral.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
I love the night life, I've got to boogie. I like ballroom, and I'm actually pretty light on my feet, for a fat guy.

I shake my booty behind the desk at work if something good comes on. So far the boss hasn't noticed/complained.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
No, as I cannot dance well by societies standards. Not only that but I hate doing it in public places. How much do I hate dancing? My boss offered to buy me free lunch from a sushi shop if I danced in front a newly opened japanese restaurant on camera for promotional purposes and I turned it down. I hadn't eaten all day. I was virtually starving, and I said "NO". Ya, screw dancing. It is not for me.....ESPECIALLY ON CAMERA.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Love/hate relationship. When at home alone with some music on then I AM THE FUCKING LORD OF THE DANCE! Check my funky rhythm! When out of the house with company then nope you would have to drag me to the dance floor where I will feel awkward and clumsy, repel any female with my sad attempts, then exit to the bar to offer structural support.

However get me drunk enough[footnote]drunk enough is defined as the point at which A) Vision has deteriorated to the point of 'if it's not directly in your face it's a vague blurry mess', B) Most of the Rum has gone, and C) Thoughts like 'OMG! this is such a tune!' and 'You're my best mate you are...I just need you to know that' begin to surface[/footnote] and I'm back to I'MA T PHUGING LORD OF THE PANCE!

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Yes, when I'm doing it. It's quite different when I'm trying to start doing it. It always feels uncomfortable and awkward before I get started, but the results are pretty good if I can get past that point.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
It's complicated.

I like dancing. I don't like getting up to dancing. Takes a lot of convincing and reluctance on my part, but once I get there, yes I like it.

Also there's no such thing as "can't dance" much like there's no such thing as "can't cook". I mean, if you start cooking, you're likely to create something edible that won't kill you if you eat it, unless you're working with way too exotic stuff for your skill level. It might not be a gourmet masterpiece, but as long as you can eat it and it serves purpose as food, it's not a fail.

Same with dancing.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Vegosiux said:
It's complicated.

I like dancing. I don't like getting up to dancing. Takes a lot of convincing and reluctance on my part, but once I get there, yes I like it.

Also there's no such thing as "can't dance" much like there's no such thing as "can't cook". I mean, if you start cooking, you're likely to create something edible that won't kill you if you eat it, unless you're working with way too exotic stuff for your skill level. It might not be a gourmet masterpiece, but as long as you can eat it and it serves purpose as food, it's not a fail.

Same with dancing.
I am incredibly clumsy. I have been know to trip in an empty room with bare carpet. Trust me, dancing failure is an option.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
krazykidd said:
Okay guys, here is a question for you . Do you enjoy dancing?

Any dance can be applicable, and note that you can enjoy dancing despite not knowing how to dance. And you can enjoy dancing even though you are terrible at it. So how many of you like to bust out in song and dance when your favorite song comes on?

Also to those who do enjoy dancing what kind of music do you enjoy dancing to?

And to you guys who actually have dance training, what kind of dance do you do? And how did you get into it?
I LOVE dancing. Actually, I do it at work all the time. Thank god we have a radio with an iPod hookup in the kitchen so I can plug in.

I will dance to anything, really. I just love to groove and I always feel a rhythm when I do any activity.

And for my dance training!!!!

I was in Showchoir for three years in highschool. it was the highlight of my highschool career and I made so many friends/so much confidence from doing it. We also took home more awards than all of our sports teams combined.

I'll try to point myself out now...

At around 0:57, I am the furthest guy on the left. Woo, go me.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
Not at all. Dancing, to me, is a completely alien concept that involves moving in an oddly specific way to music I don't like. As someone who finds no enjoyment in unnecessary movement, regardless of how specific or set to music it may be, or following the crowd for the sake of it (or crowds in general), I see no reason to involve myself in it any more than I have done so already. Also having only the vaguest grasp on what is expected from a dance, I will inevitably find myself deviating from the specific movements desired, thus failing this social test and lowering my standing with anyone unfortunate enough to witness it, more so than simply refusing the apparent obligation to join in in the first place.

Dancing makes about as much sense to me as if a large portion of the population felt the need to balance a specific object on their head every time a certain type of car went by. It makes no sense, everyone else seems to be privy to knowledge about the ritual that I am not, it doesn't look fun to me, I have no inclination to join in or get good at it and the fact that others seem to enjoy it so much is very confusing and yet another mildly upsetting reminder of how separated I feel from mainstream society.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Why only the guys?
I wish it would let me select more than one option. However, mainly yes when i am confident/happy/drunk/uncaring enough. Plus i prefer to...umm...dance without rules. If that makes any sense :)
Boris Goodenough said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Why only the guys?
Because guys generally don't like to dance as much as girls, or so it seems. More information was needed but it would actually have been nice to see the whole spectrum, or most of it.

Edit: or maybe he just means us all by using guys as gender neutral.

No you were right the first time. Because usually when you guys ask a more often than not he'll say no.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't dance. I don't like to dance. I actively avoid situations in which dancing could be a thing that MIGHT happen. It's just not something I like to do. That being said though, I did go to prom and homecoming years ago but that was more out of obligation than anything else...

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
As much as I love making fun of myself, more often than not with a grim dosage of reality, I draw the line at dancing.

Any time I try, it ends up looking like the Carlton Dance, minus the precision, adorableness, or the fact that it is hilarious.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Privately, I thoroughly enjoy it. Publicly, only if someone I'm interested in wants to dance or I'm drunk and surrounded by strangers.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Nope. There is no translation in my brain between hearing music and making my body move. A taping of fingers or toes at most, but that's it.