Poll: A small dilemma regarding drug possession

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I think that giving it to the sixteen year old crosses a line. Personally, I'm for the legalisation of all drugs, provided that they don't affect anyone but the person taking them. But I think that there should be an age limit, like there currently is on cigarettes and alcohol, and I think 18 works nicely. So, I would report them because they give cocaine to a sixteen year old, but otherwise I'd leave them to it. Or, at least, I wouldn't tell the police; I would try to convince my friend to not do cocaine.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Somehow I doubt putting the parents of a 16 year old cocaine user behind bars is going to help him too much. Sure it's a bad thing, then again your laws are way too harsh to report them. The US system is only meant as punishment, not rehabilitation. I would say, no don't do it.

SMILEYkyle21

Feb 2, 2009
It's not your fight and you should really stay out of it. Say something to them if it's really getting to you but if you go to the law you'll mess things up for all involved including yourself and your friend. Plus (and I know it sounds cheesy) but it really good come back to get you pretty hard. Plus karma, don't dog your friend, talk to him if you're worried

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Don't they know that they've started putting some chemical substance that mimics cocaine, into most batches of coke. To increase the amount they can ship, that causes flesh eating disease? I'd be getting off it if I knew that could happen to me.

Jezzy54

Oct 19, 2008
THEY BETRAYED THE LAW!!!

Seriously though, they definitely need some kind of intervention.

Dissolve

Garroter of Maladjusted Slobs
Apr 27, 2011
VladG said:
What? Really? Do you think drug dealers come from the posh side of town? Ever heard of a pusher doing business on the street from the back of his Ferrari? You are a lot more likely to find strong drugs in poor areas than in rich ones. And hard to find? In a crappy neighborhood? Isn't drugs what most crappy neighborhoods are famous for?? Hell, and it's Cocaine. That is not hard to find. It's likely the easiest drug you can get out there
Get your facts straight before flaming me. Lets have a look at New Zealanders, whose drug use statistics are more readily available. Cannabis (14.6%), BZP party pills (5.6%), ecstasy (2.6%), amphetamines (2.1%) and LSD and other synthetic hallucinogens (1.3%) were the most common drugs used in the past year for recreational purposes. Cocaine is not listed because it is so rarely used.

The chances of his friend using cocaine are much less than, say, crack cocaine (recognized as a drug of the poor), and astronomically less than cannabis. Powder cocaine is extremely rare, and far more expensive. Cocaine is not the easiest drug you can get "out there." Cannabis is by a long shot. As in, you are probably 20 times more likely to find cannabis than powder cocaine.

I'm just going to end this debate with that, as you clearly know very little about recreational drug use.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
They need help, obviously, and I can't think of a more immediate remedy than calling the police.

But please realize, that they may lose custody of their son.

silent_noir_67

May 31, 2011
I would probably mention it to an anonymous tip line. I mean cocaine is getting up there with gangs and mobs and stuff soo yeahh...

But giving cocaine to a 16 year old? not cool. I mean if you're 20 and you want to crash and burn then go for it but 16 is too young to get hooked.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Kpt._Rob said:
VladG said:
Dissolve said:
Phlakes said:
So, I recently met a friend of a friend. He lives with his mother in a pretty run down neighborhood, and we saw the house for a bit before leaving (we were working on a film project). So I know the address and everything. Later that day, when we were filming with that friend of a friend, he was sneezing a lot and saying he should lay off the cocaine. I was very lightly amused until I realized he wasn't kidding. Apparently, they (obviously) have cocaine at that house, and even give it to the other, 16 year old son.

Now, as everyone knows cocaine is illegal and basically accepted to be, even by the "legalize marijuana" crowd. I have the address and personal information of the house and the people that live there.

I've pretty much already made up my mind what choice I'll make, but I wanted to see what you all thought about the situation.

So what would you do in this case (assuming it was your friend's friend in your area and everything)?

Also, PLEASE DON'T EAT MY POLL PLEASE DON'T EAT MY POLL
Wait a second, this just doesn't add up. Cocaine is about $100/g on the street, not to mention hard to find. In addition, a normal dose is at least 0.1g. If you're in a run down neighborhood, what is your friend doing with such a rare and expensive drug?

What? Really? Do you think drug dealers come from the posh side of town? Ever heard of a pusher doing business on the street from the back of his Ferrari? You are a lot more likely to find strong drugs in poor areas than in rich ones. And hard to find? In a crappy neighborhood? Isn't drugs what most crappy neighborhoods are famous for?? Hell, and it's Cocaine. That is not hard to find. It's likely the easiest drug you can get out there
It's all too clear that you've done a lot of research, and have a lot of first hand knowledge, regarding the drug game.

Seriously man? First off, Cocaine and Crack are pretty similar, but it's also very common knowledge that Crack is the drug that tends to be possessed more commonly by those who are hard up for cash, while Cocaine actually has a history of being popular with wealthier individuals (there is also a lot of speculation regarding the fact that Crack possession tends to carry a heftier prison sentence than Cocaine).

Secondly, yes, some drug dealers do come from the posh side of town. They have a valuable commodity that's in high demand. And the good ones actually can make a lot of money. Hell, I happen to personally know some of them.

Thus my advice to you: sometimes it's better to stop and ask yourself if you actually know what you're talking about before you try to make someone else look stupid.
See, you should have taken your own advice here:

First off Crack IS cocaine, it's the freebase form that you smoke. Yes it is a cheaper alternative to pure cocaine. As for the dealers, only the high level ones live in rich neighborhoods, not the ones you are likely to buy from directly. And yes, it is a profitable business, that's why people from crappy neighborhoods risk jail or worse to sell drugs. Most people with a higher expectancy wouldn't risk it.

As for your glib little remark, yes I have done a lot of research. And I do have first hand knowledge.

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
Dissolve said:
Wait a second, this just doesn't add up. Cocaine is about $100/g on the street, not to mention hard to find. In addition, a normal dose is at least 0.1g. If you're in a run down neighborhood, what is your friend doing with such a rare and expensive drug?
As a former Special Constable I can tell you If people are addicted to a substance they can usually find the money somewhere to keep it. Anyway its a party drug and still the most common party drug people end up stockpiling a handfull to use for months or so then cutting it themselves for their own personal use.

Dissolve

Garroter of Maladjusted Slobs
Apr 27, 2011
Burs said:
Dissolve said:
As a former Special Constable I can tell you If people are addicted to a substance they can usually find the money somewhere to keep it. Anyway its a party drug and still the most common party drug people end up stockpiling a handfull to use for months or so then cutting it themselves for their own personal use.
Would you actually consider it more common than MDMA at parties? In the States, amphetamines, and MDMA seem to be very popular. I must say, I can fully understand hoarding a small handfull, as even a dozen grams is a massive number of doses.

cuppajoe1687

May 29, 2011
Kpt._Rob said:
VladG said:
Dissolve said:
Phlakes said:
So, I recently met a friend of a friend. He lives with his mother in a pretty run down neighborhood, and we saw the house for a bit before leaving (we were working on a film project). So I know the address and everything. Later that day, when we were filming with that friend of a friend, he was sneezing a lot and saying he should lay off the cocaine. I was very lightly amused until I realized he wasn't kidding. Apparently, they (obviously) have cocaine at that house, and even give it to the other, 16 year old son.

Now, as everyone knows cocaine is illegal and basically accepted to be, even by the "legalize marijuana" crowd. I have the address and personal information of the house and the people that live there.

I've pretty much already made up my mind what choice I'll make, but I wanted to see what you all thought about the situation.

So what would you do in this case (assuming it was your friend's friend in your area and everything)?

It's all too clear that you've done a lot of research, and have a lot of first hand knowledge, regarding the drug game.

Seriously man? First off, Cocaine and Crack are pretty similar, but it's also very common knowledge that Crack is the drug that tends to be possessed more commonly by those who are hard up for cash, while Cocaine actually has a history of being popular with wealthier individuals (there is also a lot of speculation regarding the fact that Crack possession tends to carry a heftier prison sentence than Cocaine).

Secondly, yes, some drug dealers do come from the posh side of town. They have a valuable commodity that's in high demand. And the good ones actually can make a lot of money. Hell, I happen to personally know some of them.

Thus my advice to you: sometimes it's better to stop and ask yourself if you actually know what you're talking about before you try to make someone else look stupid.
Haha, good drug dealers. I'm not sure you know much either man, poor people love blow as much as rich people. As far as price goes, meth is more expensive than both (as far as my recollection goes), and you see more poor people doing that than rich people.

and the white lady is definitely NOT 100/g

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
The question you have to ask yourself is;
What will happen to the 16-year-old when he sees his family in prison? Maybe it's best for the kid if you didn't tell the police, maybe not, you'll have to judge that yourself.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
the 16 year old son part makes me say yes, you should report them to the police.

its probably already too late for that kid. i guarantee hes going to be an addict for the next ten years or so.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
Only because they're giving it to a 16 year old.

I'm of the opinion that taking drugs should not be punished, unless you're putting others at harm.

cuppajoe1687

May 29, 2011
Dissolve said:
Burs said:
Dissolve said:
Would you actually consider it more common than MDMA at parties? In the States, amphetamines, and MDMA seem to be very popular. I must say, I can fully understand hoarding a small handfull, as even a dozen grams is a massive number of doses.
I'd consider cocaine more common, then again, I'm not a former constable.

The reason I think I've seen it more is because unlike x or amphetamines it's something you do throughout the night with your friends unlike x where you all take individual doses by yourself and then maybe take a little more at the peak of the roll; but no more after that because it ceases to work. Cocaine on the other hand you can do all day all night. Another reason is that you can take it at any time in any situation i.e. barhopping, hanging out with buddies, raving, clubbing, walking around, house party etc. X or amphetamines tend to be for massive rave events or alone with friends. when you're rolling you cant really go to a bar for example cuz being around people who aren't rolling when you are just SUCKS

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
I have a great idea! How about you dob a house full of drug users/maybe dealers to the cops and then post about it on an internet website.

Cops: Your busted and going to jail
Junkies: OMG I wonder who told on us, they should die
Other junkie: Hey I think I heard something like this on that internet page escapist. Some film guy.
Junkies: Hey some film guy came over a few days ago.....

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Phlakes said:

You know whats worse than people who do drugs in the privacy of their own home? People who rat them out because they've been brainwashed into thinking drugs are worse than alcohol.