Poll: A TF2 Story Campaign?

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
We all love TF2: it's one of the best multiplayer games out there today. It features a variety of game modes, a focus on teamwork, and a colorful cast of characters we've all come to know and love. You know, THIS cast:

[hr]

My question is, do you think Team Fortress 2 should have a story mode?

Think about it for a second. Don't you want to see HOW the team members got to where they are today? Don't you want to see how the medic became a medic? or how the spy became a spy? Don't you want to know WHAT'S IN THE INTELLIGENCE BRIEFCASE???

Still having trouble grasping this concept? Imagine your favorite animated Pixar film. Now, imagine the main characters killing each other.

[hr]

Personally, I think that TF2 would benefit from a single-player story campaign. It has a cast of surprisingly fleshed-out characters, all with enough comic appeal to create an interesting story.

Of course, I know that multiplayer will always be the crux of TF2, but you have to admit, the idea of a story mode is intriguing.

[hr]

So once again, do you think Team Fortress 2 should have a story mode?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It could make TF2 make the jump from average to good. Of course then we would have to deal with more writing from the guys behind TF2, and does anyone really want that?

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
it would certainly be entertaining but i would have to be a comedy, i couldn't imagine a serious plot.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Hell no.

That would piss off a ton of people. Mainly, the one's that want to the rest of the classes to be updated and the game to be balanced. It's a game designed for multiplayer to. Why does it need a single player?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Wasn't the whole reason Team Fortress was made to add a multiplayer game, a multiplayer only game, to the Valve arsenal?
At least, that's what I remember when the first one came out.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Your question is kind of stupid. Of course it should. Real question is when - if Valve just dropped everything to do Team Fortress Chronicles (or whatever it may be called),many people would hate them for it.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
I don't think so. Part of the joy of TF2 is being able to run in, guns blazing, without worrying about finding cover for fear of having to restart a mission because you know you're going to be revived. (Usually.)
It's mindless, funny, intense, simplistic awesome combat. Why change the working formula?

Yersinia pestis

Oct 15, 2009
I think it would be extremely fun, but I've always enjoyed the story/campaign/coop mode to the multiplayer kill each other part of games.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
No. I could see it(a story mode) working for some classes, but the Engineer? How would that play out?

Or The Spy. It would either be extremely hard or a cake-walk.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
What.
No. That's stupid. No. No no no no no no no no NO.
If you haven't guessed, I don't support the idea.

ShotgunShaman

Apr 1, 2009
I think, instead of making a single player campaign, make a film (either feature length or longer episodes). The "Meet The..." series is as good as any animated short film, I think they should just make a silly little plotline through that. I say this because part of the game's charm is the mindless random skirmishes.

Nico III

Apr 16, 2008
It's designed to be played as a team. I'd rather be stuck with mindless idiots than mindless bots.