Poll: Account Name Thread of Boring

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
I started with a typo of my name, and then elongated it one day because I was feeling fancy.
A while later, I needed a name.
Ta da.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I previous online alias....thing...was just Shock.

Then I saw powerthirst some years ago and it's been Shockolate every since.

And I love it.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Mine is an obscure character from the Wheel of Time series. I actually came up with the screen name when I was trying to create a character in a Wheel of Time mud, and wanted something that fit. Now, almost every character from the books had a block on his or her name, in order to prevent a bunch of losers name Rand al'Thor an Mat Cauthon from running around, but Owyn was such an obscure character that his name wasn't blocked. To be fair,
he is dead before the series even begins, and is only mentioned as part of one of the other characters' motivations.

OriginalError

May 31, 2008
Eheh

Well, my original call-sign was error. This was derived from playing laser-tag at a place that allowed you to use your own name which then appeared on the gun of the person you shot. Being the jerk that I am, I went with ERROR in all caps, so that the gun said "You have been shot by: ERROR!" They'd call for the ref because their gun was broken, and I'd laugh all the way to high score.

When I went on XBox live, however, low and behold the name error was taken (this shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did). Since both of my parents constantly argue about the one night stand that lead to my existence, I turned it into a not-so-witty commentary on my life with OriginalError... because I am one.

//J.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Well done with putting a silly on the end of your poll. You just broke it, and I didn't help!

Mine's been used for ages. Aurora after the Borealis, as well as the supersonic bombers.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
I can has nonsense? And/or gobbledygook? I made it for a Runescape character by combinging the most random words I could think of, although it was much longer until I realized there was a character limit. So, it got shortened to this, and I use it every where. The only place I wasn't able to use it was Toontown, which kinda pissed me off, but it was only the trial anyway, so I stopped playing after a while on a different--but very similar--name.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
I made the user of "Barnofthej" for runescape, and everyone there called me Barno for short.
When I signed up I had recently played sonic adventure 2 for a bit, An eggman level I think, so I decided to stick dr in front of it.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I didn't think I would be here very long, so I didn't want to think of a name that I would like.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Well, for those of you who have seen me around I suppose it would be safe for you to assume my name is Peter. And for those who did, you are correct. However, my name on the Escapist is Peteron because a kid called me that once and it caught on.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm fine with it.

People now know me, so I can't exactly change it. And besides, it's really the only online name I've used.

CheesusCrust

Sep 24, 2009
I noticed the similarity between it and a certain messiah. I can't remember when I thought it, but I was obviously not the first because I see it now and then. Believe me that I thought of it and didn't just rip off "My Best friends Girl".