Poll: Achievement/Trophy Whores...

Nicarus

Feb 15, 2010
I'm not out to earn every achievement. I'm out to earn every achievement that doesn't involve grinding for five years or relying solely on online interaction (I'm lookin' at you Halo and Fable 3)!

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Right now it's probably "The End" in Super Meat Boy. My GOD that one was hard.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
yes, and it causes me to get overwhelemd in games liek fallout because i want the achievements for a two sided quest and i can only pick one on that palythru so i dont even beat the one playthrough because of it, im weird, but o well

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
I'm really only a Achievement whore for games that i really like not every game that i play

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I didn't used to care, but I realized that going for some trophies has provided a large amount of fun, so I go for them now.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
Oh yeah. I'm an admitted achievement whore. I can think of three games I played just because I knew they'd be easy to get 1000/1000.
1. TMNT
2. CSI: Deadly Intent
3. CSI: Hard Evidence

I even have the Bladder of Steel award from RB2.

EDIT: The only exception for me is online-only achievements. I abhor onine multiplayer most of the time, so I have very few of those.

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
I'm kind of an Achievement whore, but not if it means going waaaaay out of my way to accomplish it. i.e. winning a game of civ on its hardest difficulty.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I never really pay attention to achievements, they're all obtained accidentally for the most part. But I get especially annoyed on co-op games with anyone who absolutely HAS to get an achievement, like restarting a campaign on L4D again and again and again just so they can get that 'No Friendly Fire' Achievement.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I don't bother too much with the really hard achievements, but I consider myself an achievement whore since I buy tons of games and most of them just for trophies. Even got some duplicate games on my 360 and PS3.

Obhraonian

May 26, 2009
24 platinums says I am though I've never brought a game for easy trophies. My proudest trophy demon souls platinum.

Superfly CJ

Feb 14, 2010
I'm an achievement whore, no doubt about it. I'm currently sitting on 63,000 gamerscore, aiming for a smooth 100K.

I take more pride in what achievements I earn, though, rather than how many. So i'm proud to say i've got things like 7 Day Survivor, Endless Setlist 1&2, The Inhuman Achievement, Veteran Gear, Stranglehold on Hardboiled, Nothing Special etc.

I like the prestige associated with someone being able to compare games with me and know that i've enjoyed games and played them to their fullest, to the point at which I gain a certain level of proficiency- rather than simply played games like Avatar and Rattatouille for a quick numerical boost.

Out of all my 3000 achievements, though, the one I absolutely hated was for getting gold on the combat challenges in Arkham Asylum- i'm not easily frustrated- but something about that made me want to punch the wall.

Of course, Veteran Gear tormented me, too. To look at your stats and see 12 days of online playtime, and yet still not even be a quarter of the way towards max rank? HEARTBREAKING. I got there in the end, though.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I'm a bit of a trophy whore. I don't try to get all trophies in every single game I have, but I try to get most of the trophies in the games I really enjoy (Bioshock, Assassin's Creed II, Red Dead Redemption to name a few).

Peabob

Apr 11, 2009
I'm a massive trophy whore. I'm level 14 with 18 platinums on PSN. There are some people with absolutely insane levels though.

Add me on PSN if you're a fellow trophy collector and ever want to boost a game. ID is Peabob_

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Kaleb1138 said:
Wahful said:
I do try to get as Many Trophys as i can, if i like the game that is, I have went Platinum on All 3 GOW games for example because there awesome, in Contrast i got everything in Infamous but the Blast Shard things, because theres 350 of them, and hell no.

Basically i'll do it if it doesnt involve stupid amounts of looking around or Grinding on one thing.
i definetly a trophy whore and i've put so many hours into some games... in fact i got all those stupid blast shards, and i didn't sell dead space because i was 90% away... i guess i don't like seeing it say 90% or anything close to finish also i get the most out of my game... like Fallout 3...
I got all the Feathers in ACII because of how they were broken down into subcatagorys for each part of the city but i just didnt like how Infamous has 350 spread throughout the City.

Plus by the end of my second playthrough i was pretty bored, games i have givin up include but are not limited to, Infamous (Blast Shards), Batman:AA (Combat Challenges), MKvsDC(Combo Challenges), Mirrors Edge (Hated the game), Prince of Persia WW and T2T (Complete the game without dying lol wtf).

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Drexlor said:
Yes, I am. I am currently in a race to get 1000 total trophies before Christmas. Only 9 more!
I'm just curious, what do PS3 trophies look like? I've really only seen the generic symbol of a trophy on the gamertag box people have. But, do they have different looks between each trophy, I see people in this thread talking about platinum trophies, so does that mean that trophies are only different in rank of medal type?

What I'm getting at is, the reason I love Xbox 360 achievements is that each one has its on unique representative picture.

I'm not trying to get on a one way is better than another, I'm just curious. If I had the money I would get a PS3 to complete my gaming system trifecta. I am in the corner of that is why there are console wars. People, while the like the console or consoles they have, they are jealous that there is something in the gaming world that they don't have. Each console has its merits.
Yes, each trophy has an individual picture associated with it. Most of the time they are the same pictures as the achievements. Although some games get lazy and only make one image and use it for all trophies of that value. This is occuring less frequently now that the trophy system has matured. Except Just Cause 2 which had a different image from the achievements which I assume was meant to be the platinum, and accidentally (I hope this is the reason) used it for all 51 trophies.