Poll: Achievments or Trophies?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Aren't they basically just the same thing with a few aesthetic differences?

Not having a PS3 I should go with Achievements, except that I think the PS3 way of separating them is more logical. Gold, Silver and Bronze based upon length/difficulty seems like a better idea than an arbitrary number that rarely makes any sense (example being an achievement that takes 5 minutes in Portal 2 being 75G and one that takes about half an hour or so being 15G).

So I vote Trophies even though I have never received one.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I vote both. trophy/achievement whore much.

Though, if I have to pick one probably achievements. Now if they made a cool sound like trophies then that would be awesome. That's about the only thing I like about trophies is the sound.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I'm going with whichever one makes people actually try to create threads with discussion.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Same shit, different day.
I actually like Achievements more though.
Its a lot cleaner(I guess?) imo.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Radeonx said:
I'm going with whichever one makes people actually try to create threads with discussion.
Ding Ding We have a winner

Seriously if your going to start a thread over something so arbitrary at least give your opinions and try and flesh it out.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Achievements seems rather more flexible as they can have 5G, 25G 100G achievements whereas Trophies are only available in 3 varieties.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
The Trophy Gold, Silver, Bronze system makes more sense and I enjoy the sound of getting a Trophy. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
People are just going to vote for whatever console they have lol, The main thing i like about trophies is the Platinum! Its like a little thing that just shows people you got 100%

Gizmo007666

Nov 12, 2009
Trophies are quite good in that you can compare the trophy level and number of each type of trophy obtained. Makes it easier to see if someone has a high ranking from a heap of small achievements or if they actually go to complete the game and get platinum's.

Oliman43

Sep 8, 2010
Achievements just give the impression of someone saying "Oh, um... 10 points to Gryffindor", while trophies give something at least semi-real so deffinitely trophies.

Also I have a ps3 so, of course its trophies.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I like trophies because some of them are well-designed and pretty to look at. Other than that, well, there's not much difference.

Volodanti

Aug 18, 2009
trophies, for the simple reason it's a pleasant surprise when you first get a playstation and in the middle of a game in just goes *binb* "you earned a trophy". everyone one knows about achievements, so the feeling of getting your first one is nice, but not the same

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I like the concept of the achievements because the score tracks across multiple games much more easily but it does have its flaws. Avatar: The Last Airbender could have the whole 1000 done in 5 minutes while Mass Effect took over 100 hours for the same result.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
Neither, make it so I'm actually achieving something instead, not an arbitrary "WELL DONE U DUN DID EZ MODE HAF GAEMSCURR +15 EPEENZ". World of Warcraft does it good, for example doing every event achievement (takes about a year to do) gets you a pink proto-drake flying mount. Xbox kinda does it, some achievements give you a gay little outfit for your avatar, it's a shame I don't give a fuck.