Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I sure as hell am.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade 2
SMT X Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations
Injustice Gods Among Us
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2

I sure as hell am.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Meh...none of those really interest me...wait.....a Fire Emblem game!?!

FUCK YEAH I'M.....wait.......this is a fighter? (see the next few posts before you quote me about how it's not a fighter; the two I quoted are exempt from this but everyone else gets a beating if they correct this!)

Never mind, I'm back out. Monster Hunter/Xenoblade 2 piques my interest slightly but not enough to throw money into a new system. Sorry Nintendo but I still don't trust you to continue developing games that will interest "core" gamers until you've demonstrated it for a while longer. If this kind of development continues, I will be much more interested.

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
Meh...none of those really interest me...wait.....a Fire Emblem game!?!

FUCK YEAH I'M.....wait.......this is a fighter?

Never mind, I'm back out. Monster Hunter piques my interest slightly but not enough to throw money into a new system.
Its not known yet, but odds are it will be a SRPG.

It would be dumb not to.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
el snippo
jackpackage200 said:
IF that is the case (no website seems to know what type of game this is even going to be; I assumed fighter due to the description on Joystick but I suppose it doesn't actually say one way or another) I will be keeping a closer eye on the Wii U.

One game alone won't be enough but if Nintendo keeps this up, they may persuade me to give them another chance after the Wii broke my heart...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I already have it! And I'm excited for Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Platformer, and Yoshi's Epic Yarn!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Out of that whole list, and a few others I've heard, the only thing that remotely grabs my interest is Bayonetta 2.

And as much as I love the first one, I'm not buying a console for just one game, but I might depending on what else comes out later.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Wait and see, wait and see. I already have alot on my plate right now, not to mention alot of games in my backlog. By the time I'm done the console should have dropped in price, or there would be alot of people selling their used consoles.

I recommend that others do the same.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Pikmin 3 I want, and I'm curious as to what the Fire Emblem game will turn out to be, but I just want another Fire Emblem game.
Change is bad.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Bayonetta 2 is the only game that interests me from that 'bombshell' list. Really, bombshell list ? Some of these games I consider to be meh at best while some I've never even heard off.

So no I will not be getting a Wii U for 3 reasons. 1. I still have a working PSP. 2. I didn't get a PS VIta for AC:Liberation, AC being an IP I like more than Bayonetta, so I sure as hell I ain't getting a Wii U. 3. If Mass Effect which was an Xbox exclusive was released on the PS3 even after what 6 years ? I don't care. I will still wait until the dev team pull their heads out of their asses and release Bayonetta 2 for consoles. This will happen since the sales will be bad since I would guess much of it's original PS3/360 fanbase won't shell out £200 for Bayonetta 2 on Wii U.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Very likely. Before I get a system, I expect it to have 12 games I want and can't play on a system I already own. The Wii U looks like it may get there a whole lot faster than I expected.
In no order, I want (or am very optimistic about) these:
1. Pikmin 3
2. 3D Mario
3. Wii U Zelda
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Shin Megami Tensei-Fire Emblem crossover
6. Wii U Smash Brothers
7. The Wonderful 101
8. Rayman Legends

Wind Waker HD may make it as an exception too. I do already have it, but adding a Master Quest and making the sailing/wind-changing less of a pain in the ass would do much to sway me.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Yep! All of them I want to pick up sometime in the future, but Xenoblade 2 and the SMT/FE crossover is what's getting me excited. Let's hope that the devs don't mess this up. :)

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
None of those games interest me in the least. The only Nintendo exclusive I'm even remotely interested in is the next Smash Bros game, and after buying a Wii for Brawl, I'm certainly not buying the Wii U for Smash Bros. Nintendo still needs to prove to me that they can garner serious 3rd party support (from real gamer games, like Call of Duty and Street Fighter) and need to prove that their online service is worth using. Friend codes was an awful abomination and I sincerely hope whoever designed it is jobless and in agony in a ditch somewhere.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
What big reveal? It's the same lineup of remakes, reboots, rehashes and ressurections as it always is. Nintendo are not even pretending to innovate anymore.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
this is a big anouncment?..eh

I'll get a Wii U if

-an awsome New Metroid trillogy with a great cohearant story with a good end
-it is better than a PC
-it is a sentient robot that will clean my room
-it doubles as a energy drink despencer
-it has blue neon lights

so..never in other words