Poll: Alliance or Horde?

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
Which of the two major factions in the Warcraft world is your favourite?

Please explain your reasons.

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
Alliance is analogous to Lawful, and Horde is analogous to Chaotic. So, Alliance.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It's really a question of Dwarves V. Goblins, as the rest are barely notable.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
all of my 85s, 4 of them, are alliance.

The highest level horde I have is a lvl 69.

I do like horde more, even though I clicked alliance. Okay, I am just kidding. I prefer alliance, story-wise not really, but I just prefer playing the alliance races.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Lok'tar ogar! For the horde!

Actually, both of my 85's were alliance, but did a faction change a while back before I quit playing to horde side and liked it so much more.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I picked Horde because there were more Alliance players in my server, and then I discovered Troll Shamans.

The Alliance suffers a notable lack of Troll Shamans, and thus, the Horde take my vote.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Im an alliance player but not by choice- when I joined my friends were there before me and they'd picked the Alliance.
Which is annoying as I really want to a play a troll.

But hey at least as Alliance I get to kill goblins, I really like killing those douchebags

weker

May 27, 2009
mechashiva77 said:
There should be a both option.
You can't have a preference for both of them when there are only two options.

OT: I like horde more due to their nature life style and races lore

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
SacremPyrobolum said:
I have never played but I have always wondered why the Alliance gets such a bad rap from people?
From a lore point of view I think it's because Blizzard, in attempting to avoid Humans = Good, Orcs = Evil, went too far the other way. Best example being the (ex) leader of the Horde, Thrall, is brave, noble, intelligent and generally a good guy. The leader of the Alliance is a dick.

That's not just pro-Horde bias speaking. Even Alliance players think Varian is a dick.

From a non-lore perspective there's a common perception that Alliance players tend to be younger and less mature than Horde players, because they want to play as 'the good guys.' No idea how true or otherwise that is.

mechashiva77

Jul 10, 2011
weker said:

Well I like both, but if I had to pick I would be Horde. Shamans are awesome, and while I like Draenei and Dwarves, I prefer trolls.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
I played on the Alliance originally because the BG queues were so much shorter than the Horde. I noticed though that the Alliance on my server were more laid back too, trade chat is general conversation and people stand around in SW/Goldshire fucking around, no one really takes the game that serious; which I like. I prefer the Horde aesthetics, Undead are my favorite race and I have a few Horde alts just to experience it, I just find the community on the Alliance side of the game to be better. I think that's down to server population though, having played on other servers I've noticed the least populated side is generally more friendly, it just so happens that the majority of the servers are heavily Horde populated

TLDR: Alliance.

weker

May 27, 2009
mechashiva77 said:
weker said:

Well I like both, but if I had to pick I would be Horde. Shamans are awesome, and while I like Draenei and Dwarves, I prefer trolls.
That means.... you don't answer the poll, after all its asking your preference and if you don't have one your not viable for the question.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
On the whole I prefer the Horde, but my highest level characters are Alliance because Horde don't have Draenei.

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
never leveled a horde so alliance all the way! I should really get around to leveling one though...

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Eh I don't know.

Storywise: Their both pretty good honestly, their backstories show multiple shades of black, grew, white and orange which I like. But the horde takes the cake for having a great redemption story, plus, they have thrall.

Races: Hard one, Orc's are cool looking, so are tauren and the trolls. But blood elves are anorexic bastards (which sucks because their back story is awesome.) and Goblins are annoying.

On the Alliance side humans are...well human, pretty well done though. (Guys are way to muscled though and females always have very big...wings? (An internet for anyone who gets the reference.) Night elves are strippers, Dwarves are really cool, gnomes suck period, the space goats are cool but to "good" and the Worgen are freaking awesome (If anything for the british accents)

Leaders: Back when Thrall was running things it was horde hands down but now that its Garrosh the horde is screwed (Especially since Cairne died and Sylvanas finally lost her mind) on the other side Varian is a horrible man in my own opinion but Jaina is pretty cool and Aundrin Wyrnn is awesome)

Overall: Back in the old (Pre-cata)days its horde hands down but now I have to say Alliance as their starting to actually become good and the horde is becoming Xenophobic. So yeah, Alliance