Poll: Alright lads and ladies enough friendzone nonsense, we're discussing something both genders agree on

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I think The Beatles are overrated, but since that's not an option I am stuck between average and mediocre. They got a few good songs, a lot of songs that are plain boring and some bad songs. Also it's not really my kind of music, so they never had a chance to be good in my book. However they're not bad, they're just not very good either.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Kragg said:
Volf said:
Tubez said:
And it's hardly the groups fault for what kind of fans they have.
I'm not blaming the Beatles or Justin Bieber. I'm simply pointing out how some Bealtes "fans" remind me of JB "fans".
just like every band with teen idols or sex symbols in them. might aswell compare them on their similar hairstyle while youre at it.
I just realized...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Azure-Supernova said:
Matthew94 said:
Azure-Supernova said:
I quite like The Beatles, though for all of my scouser rock 'n' roll I go to this guy:

That's that elvis guy right?? I love his music :D
*mumbles*

Close enough...

Haha, I knew it wasn't Elvis, I know who Tom Jones is!

Wait...

*Checks url*

I mean Billy Fury, yeah.. that guy...
This exchange made me laugh so hard...

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
They areg great. They did alot of good songs and alot of 'meh' songs.

Tubez said:
Volf said:
Tubez said:
Volf said:
And the fact is that most of Beatles hits are written by them self (as far as I know) and that the lyrics (again imo is much better then simply singing)
"Baby, baby, baby oooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo
Like baby, baby, baby oooh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)"
One problem is that they wrote a song that simply goes "We all live in a yellow submarine."

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Le Beatles were le awesome sauce. I love 'em. Platonic.

But no one can ever top Pink Floyd. Ever.

EVER.

<youtube=oPX8N5o6zVU>

<youtube=KK9YetxjPu8>

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
The Artificially Prolonged said:
musical talent
royohz said:
musical talent
I never said that the Beatles musical talent was the same as Justin Biebers, just that they produced the same kind of fans.
Kragg said:
probably along the same things yes, huge age gap, they dont "get" it. yet huge difference in critical acclaim. but you know all this and you are just trying to be difficult for the heck of it
No, I'm trying to point out how both artist produce the same kind of fans, I've made no comments on whether or not Justin Bieber has the same musical ability as the Beatles.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Volf said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
musical talent
royohz said:
musical talent
I never said that the Beatles musical talent was the same as Justin Biebers, just that they produced the same kind of fans.
Kragg said:
probably along the same things yes, huge age gap, they dont "get" it. yet huge difference in critical acclaim. but you know all this and you are just trying to be difficult for the heck of it
No, I'm trying to point out how both artist produce the same kind of fans, I've made no comments on whether or not Justin Bieber has the same musical ability as the Beatles.
yes i already explained the other bit, ill explain again, ALL bands with the tween / young girl demographic have this, it means nothing. you just mentioned it to get people riled up. and ill even give you what you want by replying, though its the last time

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Doclector said:
To my mind, there are two main kinds of sixties music. You got your All along the watchtower/fortunate son kind of protest songs which I love. Vietnam was such a terrible war, but I'll be damned if it didn't have one HELL of a soundtrack.

Then you got your beatles kind of stuff, overly happy and optimistic for my tastes. Doesn't mean it ain't good, that's the main difference to me between modern music and the beatles. The beatles wouldn't shut up about the L word (i'll spell it out. An emotion. four letters. Connected to the friend zone. Easy to get if you're attractive, impossible to get if you're ugly, kay? And I swear to god, if I get any more people saying lesbians...) just as much as modern music doesn't shut up about it, but I can respect the beatles as technically good damn music by talented artists.

That, and it's impossible to ignore their impact on music in general, just like WD griffiths unfortunately earned himself a place in cinema history with his large scale productions. At least the beatles weren't massive racists...
The Beatles did far more than love songs, they actually had several protest songs that I really like.

Revolution [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78] is my favorite, but there are others that are just as good. Helter Skelter [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfkVGCU_BA] is another, and Blackbird [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5CUHHGlQg0] is just amazing.

I don't think they are the best band ever, I'm honestly not sure who I would give that title to, but they are among the greats.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Kragg said:
you just mentioned it to get people riled up.
No, I mentioned this because I get fed up with hearing beatles fans put their favorite music group on a pedestal and looking down on any other music group.

Don't tell me what my intentions are.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Pretty average stuff, to me at least. I know plenty of people totally rave over their music one week and then only listen to their stuff like once in a blue moon or when you're in that mood.

I only ever listen to their stuff when it's just playing at a friends house or in a store or something. Never seek it out cause it's just not for me. Only 60's music I need is Hendrix; THE GREATEST ;)

Chronologist

Feb 28, 2010
Volf said:
I find it amusing that people hate twilight or Justin bebier but love the beatles. I can only imagine what the parents of kids who first listened to the beatles thought, probably the same things that people who hate JB think.
Ahahaha, wow, that's a good one.

Oh, wait, you're serious?

I... there are no words to describe how ridiculous and wrong that statement is.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
They're not really my cup of tea, but they were okay.
I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but if a song that I know comes on, I will be humming, if not singing, along.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Chronologist said:
Volf said:
I find it amusing that people hate twilight or Justin bebier but love the beatles. I can only imagine what the parents of kids who first listened to the beatles thought, probably the same things that people who hate JB think.
Ahahaha, wow, that's a good one.

Oh, wait, you're serious?

I... there are no words to describe how ridiculous and wrong that statement is.
Perhaps its better to compare Beatles fans to Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft fanboys.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Misleading title is misleading.

Besides, didn't we only have one topic involving "friendzone" issues?

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Lear said:
Le Beatles were le awesome sauce. I love 'em. Platonic.

But no one can ever top Pink Floyd. Ever.

EVER.

<youtube=oPX8N5o6zVU>

<youtube=KK9YetxjPu8>
Quite right.

Still, the Beatles were awesome. Helter Skelter is insane fun to listen to.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Oh they were good for their time. Very good for their time, and they had a willingness to experiment and change styles, which I appreciated. Having grown up largely in the 90's, I can't say I enjoy most beatles songs, although I like Octopus's Garden and Help! quite a lot, as well as Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

I respect what they did, and I enjoy some of their songs. I'm not a fan of them though, and that's just due to the fact that I didn't like most of the stuff that came out of the 60's and the 70's.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
How do people know Yoko Ono has diet problems?

She's been living off a dead beatle for years....
Hah! Bad tasted jokes are always delicious.

OT: I'm fairly indifferent to them, some songs are alright but it's not what I usually listen to.