Poll: Am I in the Wrong Here?

silent-treatment

Oct 15, 2009
Wait so you chill with him until he gets his car all sorted out, and he freaks out over something that frankly me and my friends do all the time (when we were younger, but still if it happened now it wouldn't be that big of a deal). Unless there is something else that happened I think he needs to calm down.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
It's a decent chair sits on the floor and rolls backwards. Upholstered with leather and has speakers on the sides. It's a pretty damn nice chair, but I still don't think his actions are justified, especially because I've sat in it many times before without a problem.
Oh, I don't think it's a problem, I was just wondering how nice the chair was :p If it were made of diamonds that shattered when in contact with testicles, that would be a different issue.

iNsaneMilesy

Dec 10, 2008
He aint your friend mate. At this point you are just hanging because know no different. I think its time to expand your horizons and get better ones. "Friends" break balls sure, but they dont attack eachother and outright bully.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
xXAsherahXx said:
I went ahead and said he was in the wrong, especially after you said he disregards your stuff just as much. However I think you need to take into account that people place certain boundaries, you obviously overstepped one of his and while his reaction was ridiculous, he was still rightly able to have it and kick you out. What it comes down to is deciding whether or not being friends with him is worth putting up with his strange behavior, if it is worth it then just leave the damn chair alone next time.

I had a friend very similar to this and while he trusted me, he wouldn't let most other people touch his stuff, I thought it was weird but I was still good friends with him so I left him alone about it. Other people would complain to me and I basically would just say that it is who he is, take it or leave it. You aren't going to likely change his behavior so you are better off just abiding by it if it doesn't bother you.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
More than likely there is something else going on that is stressing him out and caused the overreaction.

Or it might be that when he asks you nicely to not touch something and you decide to do it anyway he got really mad.

Either way, you were both being a bit stupid, but him much more so. Throwing your friends out of your house for something like that is idiotic.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
As much as I'd like to go to whole supposedly level-headed "you're both in the wrong" route, but your friend sounds like a psycho. On the pros and cons side, the guy DID travel out to find you and jump start your car when the rest of your friends didn't, so... I'd say you shouldn't let it ruin your friendship, as dorky as that sounds (yes, I did just un-ironically say "dorky") because the guy sounds like a nice fellow. Maybe he's got a few quirks here and there, just don't let it get to you.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
Vampire cat said:
I guess be the bigger man and deal with it? Also, how is this a wall of text? It actually scares me a bit to think that such a compact and to-the-point can be considered a wall by anyone Oo.
I didn't think people would really care to read the whole thing, so I wrote that in. Am I going to jail? :p
Afraid so... Teller, cuff the bull.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Woodsey said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
While I think what you did sounded rather crass,
If your mate can't laugh at you pretending to rub your balls on something, he's not a mate.

OT: He sounds like a fucking psychopath. And "don't touch my chair"? Seriously? I could understand that if it was something that had even the remotest chance of breaking if someone came into contact with it.
"If your friend doesn't have the same lowbrow sense of humor as me he's not your friend!"

Right, grow up already and learn that not everyone needs to share your pathetic sense of humor.
Yes, because I wrote that with a completely straight face.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Two points, why the heck are you explaining your early day when things like a mock AP test and not relevant to this story and assume the usually about 50 percent of what you say is true, your friend probably overreacted a bit and you acted like kind of a dick so he got mad. It's not your house so you have to follow his rules and if you think he's such a pain then don't be his friend.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Sparrow said:
As much as I'd like to go to whole supposedly level-headed "you're both in the wrong" route, but your friend sounds like a psycho. On the pros and cons side, the guy DID travel out to find you and jump start your car when the rest of your friends didn't, so... I'd say you shouldn't let it ruin your friendship, as dorky as that sounds (yes, I did just un-ironically say "dorky") because the guy sounds like a nice fellow. Maybe he's got a few quirks here and there, just don't let it get to you.
It was my friend's car that didn't start because he left the headlights on. I was the one who called to get our other friend over.