Poll: Am I in the Wrong Here?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Let me describe my day a little bit. I woke up at 6:30 AM today in order to go to school and take a mock exam for AP Literature. Afterwards I was going to go to a friends house (who took the exam with me). Suddenly, his car battery died and we had to wait for my friend to arrive with jumper cables because he locked his in the trunk. I called a bunch of people for help and on the 4th try someone drove over. An hour later we all went to his house.

About 20 minutes into being there, my friend threw me and my other friend out because I touched his gaming chair. He did warn me not to do that, and in response I made the motions of rubbing my gens on the side just to mess with him. I did not touch it that time. Then, he screamed bloody murder for me to leave because I was disrespecting his stuff. He proceeded to attack me for a short period, but I just brushed it aside and that was that.

He always disrespects all that I own. My tv (for not being HD), my guitar, my guitar playing, my car, and much more. I do the same in return and so do all of our shared friends. It's been a running joke for 4 years.

I'm not particularly mad anymore since that happened hours ago, but I would like the above question answered.

Have I done anything horrible enough to provoke such a reaction or is my friend simply bat shit crazy?

Sorry about the wall o' text. Ask any questions if you need clarification although I don't predict many will care too much.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Psykoma said:
Your friend has mental problems.
Been friends with him since 2007 and nothing like that has ever happened. My other friend has known him longer by 2 years and still hasn't seen anything quite like that.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
Let me describe my day a little bit. I woke up at 6:30 AM today in order to go to school and take a mock exam for AP Literature. Afterwards I was going to go to a friends house (who took the exam with me). Suddenly, his car battery died and we had to wait for my friend to arrive with jumper cables because he locked his in the trunk. I called a bunch of people for help and on the 4th try someone drove over. An hour later we all went to his house.

About 20 minutes into being there, my friend threw me and my other friend out because I touched his gaming chair. He did warn me not to do that, and in response I made the motions of rubbing my gens on the side just to mess with him. I did not touch it that time. Then, he screamed bloody murder for me to leave because I was disrespecting his stuff. He proceeded to attack me for a short period, but I just brushed it aside and that was that.

He always disrespects all that I own. My tv (for not being HD), my guitar, my guitar playing, my car, and much more. I do the same in return and so do all of our shared friends. It's been a running joke for 4 years.

I'm not particularly mad anymore since that happened hours ago, but I would like the above question answered.

Have I done anything horrible enough to provoke such a reaction or is my friend simply bat shit crazy.

Sorry about the wall o' text. Ask any questions if you need clarification although I don't predict many will care too much.
Yea. No. He just disrespected you in front of others so you need to get yours. Fuck up that chair, shit on it if you want to or just punch him. No friend of mine would get away /or even think about/ doing that to me.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
FernandoV said:
Yea. No. He just disrespected you in front of others so you need to get yours. Fuck up that chair, shit on it if you want to or just punch him. No friend of mine would get away /or even think about/ doing that to me.
He threw like two punches and I blocked both. I was thinking "One more punch and it's game on" but I know I wouldn't be able to control myself if I started to fight back. He's also one of my closest friends...or used to be anyways.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
By "Gen's" do you mean Genitalia?

Cos that.. even pretending, is bloody disgusting.

You would be out of my home and out of my life within seconds, as would anyone who defended you in any remote manner.

He's a jerk, but you are in his home, you were asked not to touch something so you don't. End of story, you don't even mess around, it's his home, you should have total respect for everything within it.

He should have total respect for everything in your home as well, of course, and frankly if he's always criticising your ability and your property I don't know why you are friends with him in the first place.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Craorach said:

You would be out of my home and out of my life within seconds, as would anyone who defended you in any remote manner.

He's a jerk, but you are in his home, you were asked not to touch something so you don't. End of story, you don't even mess around, it's his home, you should have total respect for everything within it.

He should have total respect for everything in your home as well, of course, and frankly if he's always criticising your ability and your property I don't know why you are friends with him in the first place.
The feeling has been mutual between both of us. He has his moments and I'd like to imagine that I do too. It isn't like I humped the chair, but your opinion is yours.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
If this has never happened before, the response was uncalled for. Even if you didn't listen to him, I don't think in any situation it would have been called for doing that. Honestly if I was in his shoes, I would tell you again to not touch it, albeit more sternly. However I think it would be perfectly justified for you to remind him with how he disrespects stuff that you own, and it's only fair he recieves similar treatment for his stuff (it sounds harmless anyways).

Either that or there's more to the OP than what's being let on... but anyways, something like that warrants a talk it seems. There may be a reason for why he acted that way beyond you pretending to rub your gens over it.

Craorach said:

He acts differently to you... good for you. They must have been friends for a reason right? I don't think how they treat each others stuff is a concern for them...

But apparently his friend has been fine with this kind of stuff for years. Not everyone has problems with people "misusing" their stuff, and I think if the OP's friend did, it would have been established long beforehand...

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Depends, you actually get your twig and giggle berries out and wipe?

If so, I would've decked you if I were him. (I've just done you a massive favour, taking 1-2 hours of my time to help you out. You then, right after I ask you not to mess with an expensive piece of furniture that I really like and use daily, mess with the chair.)

If not, then you're in the right. Still, he was probably thinking you're taking advantage of his good nature and wasn't in the right mind for a piss take. He definitely overreacted though.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
kurupt87 said:
Depends, you actually get your twig and giggle berries out and wipe?

If so, I would've decked you if I were him. (I've just done you a massive favour, taking 1-2 hours of my time to help you out. You then, right after I ask you not to mess with an expensive piece of furniture that I really like and use daily, mess with the chair.)

If not, then you're in the right. Still, he was probably thinking you're taking advantage of his good nature and wasn't in the right mind for a piss take. He definitely overreacted though.
Nope, had some jeans on.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
That is an incredible overreaction on his part. There is no reason for him to have reacted that way.

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
This situation reminds me of the movie Step Brothers but replace chair with drum kit....

Did your friend freak out because you touched his chair or did he freak out because he has something else on his plate then you pissing him off was obviously the last straw?

Yeah we went balistic but id suspect theres something behind it rather than being simply over a chair.

Or maybe it is just over a chair and hes incredibly petulent

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Duskwaith said:
This situation reminds me of the movie Step Brothers but replace chair with drum kit....

Did your friend freak out because you touched his chair or did he freak out because he has something else on his plate then you pissing him off was obviously the last straw?

Yeah we went balistic but id suspect theres something behind it rather than being simply over a chair.

Or maybe it is just over a chair and hes incredibly petulent
I've been wondering that myself because the day was basically business as usual. We did take a harsh exam, and we both woke up extremely early. That could be part of it, but he always wakes up at an ungodly hour for a regular day of school and he's still just fine.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Who's wrong? You both are. On the one hand, it's overreacting to go mental at you over that. On the other, car problems do wind people up pretty tight, batteries randomly dying tend to mean you need a new one, and replacing anything on a car isn't cheap. So you doing something he specifically told you to not do was probably the final straw.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Zantos said:
Who's wrong? You both are. On the one hand, it's overreacting to go mental at you over that. On the other, car problems do wind people up pretty tight, batteries randomly dying tend to mean you need a new one, and replacing anything on a car isn't cheap. So you doing something he specifically told you to not do was probably the final straw.
That could be it, but he was laughing about the whole situation. Could have been a cover, though. His parents will probably be the one's replacing the battery if it does indeed need to be replaced.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
Nope, had some jeans on.
Ok, I also read the situation wrong. It was his car, he wasn't the guy who came to rescue you.

So, I can't see any reason to go spare at all.

The only answers I've got are that he was having a really bad day and took it out on you, or he's closeted and fancies you. One of those is mildly more serious than the other. Although; that depends on if I'm talking about what I think is likely or the consequences for you, I s'pose...

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I would tell him to quit being a *****, "don't touch my chair" what are you 6? My god!

As long as somebody doesn't start throwing stuff or just generally being a douche with it I don't care what people do with my stuff. Like don't use my ipod as a hammer or my kettle as a toilet and we good!

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
"bat shit crazy" sounds about right. I refuse to believe that this was an isolated incident and that this guy is otherwise a intelligently charming and well-adjusted person. Assuming your side of the story shows the entire picture, of course.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Never ever touch a man gaming chair , ever , it's sacred . Actually i think you were in the wrong , only because he warned you beforehand not to touch the chair , you provoked him . That being said , i wouldn't have kicked you out , but i woulda yell the shit outta you . Also how old are you guys? Air humping a chair? Really?