Poll: Am I in the Wrong Here?

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
If your friend has this kind of reation to you touching that chiar, you probably didn't want to be touching that chair. Who knows what unspeakable acts he does in and with that chair.

Sammaul

Nov 25, 2009
krazykidd said:
Never ever touch a man gaming chair , ever , it's sacred . Actually i think you were in the wrong , only because he warned you beforehand not to touch the chair , you provoked him . That being said , i wouldn't have kicked you out , but i woulda yell the shit outta you . Also how old are you guys? Air humping a chair? Really?
Airhumping anything is funny to a certain extent, leaving out the morbid ones ofcourse. I will be laughing at a good airhump all of my life and dreead the day it loses it's comedy to me.

To be honest, this is the kind of prankery I actually expect a group of male friends to do, regardless of age.

About your friend, I'll go along with a few other replies and say he probably had something else on his plate that day, which does in no way excuse the attack.
Depending on howstrong/deep your friendship is, I would say either confront him with what he did and get some insight to any problems he might have had that day, or, alternatively, just let it slide....

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
Your friend is abit of a jerk.
I don't think you were completely wrong.

But its a fucking chair. And you had just saved him money by calling a friend to boost his car, where as he would have had to call the auto club or a tow truck.

Yep jerk.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
Craorach said:
By "Gen's" do you mean Genitalia?

Cos that.. even pretending, is bloody disgusting.

You would be out of my home and out of my life within seconds, as would anyone who defended you in any remote manner.

He's a jerk, but you are in his home, you were asked not to touch something so you don't. End of story, you don't even mess around, it's his home, you should have total respect for everything within it.

He should have total respect for everything in your home as well, of course, and frankly if he's always criticising your ability and your property I don't know why you are friends with him in the first place.
Really? A close friend air humps a chair and you would shut them out of your life? Don't be such a prude, if that was the case you would be far more out of order than the guy pretending to rub his genitals against an inanimate object.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Thats just childish, I broke my friends chair once while we were messing around and all we did was laugh, he has some issues.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
SciMal said:
That sounds like a really shitty group of friends you have. You all disrespect each others' stuff. Fantastic.

If he disrespects what you own, tell him to shape up or kick his butt out the door. Why do you let him do that? So you can do it later?

Good thing you're still in high school.
That's what you would do. If they have been fine with this for four years don't you think it would be well established that doing something as trivial as air humping a chair is a light-hearted joke, rather than something that warrants an agressive tantrum? Sure it's not the most mature thing in the world, and I personally have only one friend who has the tendency to actually do that. One that (regrettably) I rarely meet nowdays since I moved out of town. Not everyone will have the same degree of tolerance of how their stuff is treated by other people.

Have I done anything horrible enough to provoke such a reaction or is my friend simply bat shit crazy?

Sorry about the wall o' text. Ask any questions if you need clarification although I don't predict many will care too much.
Sounds like you're both thick as a brick. You let him disrespect all of your stuff, you disrespect his stuff, and one of you was going to get angry eventually. That's what happens when you mix immaturity with friendship.

He just got angry first.

You both need to grow up.
Okay, unless the OP has noticed some telltale signs of this, I would say it's the responsibility of his friend to tell him what's not okay. He had 4 years to do that, and it's perfectly reasonable to say "hey, don't treat my stuff like that", sternly if necessary. THAT should have been the moment of truth, not 4 years later where hidden tension is built up (which seems to be your assumption of the case). Responding like that was perfectly uncalled for.

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
No matter how douchey your friend is, you kinda were in the wrong. You provoked him, he got pissed. Your fault.

With that being said, your friend sounds like a total mess of bad words in himself. He has the right to be mad, but he's a total sociopath and hypocrite since he acts the same way you have.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
kasperbbs said:
Thats just childish, I broke my friends chair once while we were messing around and all we did was laugh, he has some issues.
Hey, i also once broke my friends chair, and all he did was laugh hysterically. Tho i admit, i really did break it in a weird and funny way, and it wasn`t the newest chair.

Also, i have to admit, that had to be a pretty damn precious chair if you weren`t allowed to even touch it. I mean, most of my friends allow me to sit on the comfiest chair there is when I´m at their place. And he did get a bit too mad, but maybe he had a bad day, or had something in his mind that was making him feel bad. Who knows. Tho he did overreact a bit.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sammaul said:
krazykidd said:
Never ever touch a man gaming chair , ever , it's sacred . Actually i think you were in the wrong , only because he warned you beforehand not to touch the chair , you provoked him . That being said , i wouldn't have kicked you out , but i woulda yell the shit outta you . Also how old are you guys? Air humping a chair? Really?
Airhumping anything is funny to a certain extent, leaving out the morbid ones ofcourse. I will be laughing at a good airhump all of my life and dreead the day it loses it's comedy to me.

To be honest, this is the kind of prankery I actually expect a group of male friends to do, regardless of age.

About your friend, I'll go along with a few other replies and say he probably had something else on his plate that day, which does in no way excuse the attack.
Depending on howstrong/deep your friendship is, I would say either confront him with what he did and get some insight to any problems he might have had that day, or, alternatively, just let it slide....
Well I'd say it's probably worth saving, as they're apparently close enough to have a bunch of in-jokes.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I'd say you aren't the tight friends you might assume, the right to insult your mates is earned and if there are misunderstanding like this you aren't all on the same page.

So dial it down and build up the relationship or find other friends.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
He's insane.
Though I'd say that you're both in the wrong here.

weker

May 27, 2009
Your in the wrong for rubbing ya nuts or whatever on it, but your mate sounds mental.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
If you need to ask, the answer is most likely ye...

... o_O...

Huh. You know, no, I don't think you were. That's definitely an overreaction. It's just a chair. I mean, you shouldn't have pushed it, that's for sure, but he responded far worse than what was even close to being necessary.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Yes.

*actually reads post*

Meh, it's hard to tell what context was really there. After all, there's three sides to every story; yours, mine and the truth.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
As crass as that may have been, what you did warrants nothing even in the same universe as his reaction, even more-so because you guys apparently do this to each other all the time.

I conclude, with the medical knowledge provided to me by fuck all, that your friend belongs in a straight-jacket. :p

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
You're in the wrong. He gave you a rule, you broke it. Simple as that.

That said... Yes, he is also batshit crazy.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
You probably shouldn't have done it as he told you not to, but his reaction was way over the top. So yeah, either he's had a very bad day or your friend is batshit insane.