Poll: Am I the oldest 'subscriber' on here?

Paladijn

Raging Goblin
Aug 7, 2007
I can't believe I am the oldest subscriber to 'The Escapistmagazine' online. Surely there must be many, many more. I want to know who you are: post here if you joined before or around the 7th of august 2007.

And because I don't want anyone else to feel locked out: if you joined later you can also post here to congratulate me.

And fill in the poll I added to this thread (and vote for badges for oldest subscribers online).

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
congrats!

maybe all the others went to another secret site that you get transferred too every 5 years? but they forgot yours :(

but hey! we're glad to have yooou!

Silver Khondji

Apr 15, 2009
I'm going to go with he has been around for a while, just didn't troll the forums, for the win.

That's my excuse, except I've been around a while and just never had an account. Go figure.

Paladijn

Raging Goblin
Aug 7, 2007
sky14kemea said:
congrats!

maybe all the others went to another secret site that you get transferred too every 5 years? but they forgot yours :(
Oh my... and in that place they probably have free beer too. Why did they leave me here?

sky14kemea said:
but hey! we're glad to have yooou!
Thanks!

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
2007 doesn't feel that old, but then again I forget how new the community is.

zifnabxar

Mar 1, 2009
Signed up to the forums recently, but I've been reading the magazine since either 2005 or 2006, probably 2006, but I really can't recall. It got mentioned on the ttlg forums and the link floated around for a few months before I really got into it.

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
Paladijn said:
Voodoopigs said:
How come you've only got 18 posts?
Back in the old days there were no forums.

(wiseguy)
I'm happy you're not one of those who joined sometime during late 2008 and got 2000+ posts by now... I see them as spammers for some reason 8D;

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I might have been around then on my prior account.

This account was created on 19 June 2008, so by the powers of deduction I seem to have been around sometime before then. Ten months is a bit of a stretch, but maybe.

Paladijn

Raging Goblin
Aug 7, 2007
zifnabxar said:
Signed up to the forums recently, but I've been reading the magazine since either 2005 or 2006, probably 2006, but I really can't recall. It got mentioned on the ttlg forums and the link floated around for a few months before I really got into it.
Strange thing is that I remember 'subscribing' to this site when it was only just a magazine. It was nothing more then a couple (but probably the most awesome available) pages with game-digest. Back then there wasn't a store, no yahtzee, no forum and 'Eve Online' the sole sponsor (that probably isn't true, but they are the only ads I remember seeing, talking about effective marketing!). I guess I subscribed because I was too lazy to bookmark or something.

Having said that... I feel real old.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I chose other.

Older users are simply people who have been here, neither that much wiser nor more annoying than anyone else just because they have been here longer. It's the person that matters, not the amount of time they have been on the site.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
Fraeir said:
Paladijn said:
Voodoopigs said:
How come you've only got 18 posts?
Back in the old days there were no forums.

(wiseguy)
I'm happy you're not one of those who joined sometime during late 2008 and got 2000+ posts by now... I see them as spammers for some reason 8D;
agreed, how do people post THAT much, and still have every post actually be meaningful.

EDIT : whoa, I thought I joined in 2008, apparently I have also been around for a while.

zifnabxar

Mar 1, 2009
Paladjin, do you remember when they switched to webpages and dropped the pdf version? I don't recall how long ago that was, but it felt a lot more like a magazine then.