Poll: An Experiment of Sorts: What Would you do?

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Depending on my age I would try to help mediate the conversation. If my mediation fails I would get the ladder and hookup my headphones to the TV, so I would not have to listen to them bicker.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
I would
A)Not notice the light in the kitchen being out.
B)If, by some miracle, I did notice, not care that a light in the kitchen was out.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
You made the ONE detail that's really important very vague. You said it started to sound violent... how violent? Like, things crashing around the room violent or just really-heated-argument violent? If it's the former then I am going the hell in there to back up my father; if it's the latter I'll just stand on a counter or chair or something.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Gh0st1y_H said:
GreyWolf257 said:
I would grab a gun or a knife and help my dad, of course. No sense in letting my father be murdered while I sit downstairs in the dark.

Or, if you prefer me to pick something in the parameters of being a little cocksuck, I suppose I choose the one titled "Try to find something else to climb on. There's a bunch of useless, sturdy junk in there."
In all seriousness, they're just yelling. Relations just aren't getting anywhere.

No sticks or stones, only names. (Which, apparently, never hurt them.)
Then you need to change the original post. "Things are getting violent" explicitly states physical confrontation. That's what violent means.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
turn off the TV and start giggling in the dark. When they hear it they'll get scared of the scary deomonic child ghost and bend to my fathers will.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Run up there, shove into the room, tell everyone, "They're coming!" in a worried, 'get your shit together and let's MOVE' tone of voice, heading to my room to start tossing important things into a bag before shouldering my rifle. I'm prepared for them.

REAL answer: It's the middle of the night, why would I have a light on to watch TV anyways? That sounds like a terrible idea. Especially since my night-vision is excellent, and when you combine that with a good sense of where I am anyways, I very, very rarely need light in the dark. I haven't stepped on a dog or cats tail in the dark in twenty years.

And I'm 22.

If it gets violent, I live in Texas. My Castle is Protected by Guns. You Are in My Castle, And Violent. You Will Not Stay In My Castle.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
I voted to interrupt the meeting. I figure that it'll give them something else to think about, for a while at least.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Secret option E: Get the stepladder while singing the score to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
*Kicks door down* Watch how you talk to my father, mo'fuckas! *starts busting caps*

Okay, serious answer...

Nothing. I'm watching T.V. so the light really isn't a priority to me, unless I have to go into the kitchen for food or something, in which case I know my way around well enough, and since there's a light in the fridge, I don't need to replace the bulb to get food.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Unless you are dying of starvation then being able to see in the kitchen isn't all that important. I'd just wait until the meeting was over and then grab the stepladder.

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
Koeryn said:
Run up there, shove into the room, tell everyone, "They're coming!" in a worried, 'get your shit together and let's MOVE' tone of voice, heading to my room to start tossing important things into a bag before shouldering my rifle. I'm prepared for them.

If it gets violent, I live in Texas. My Castle is Protected by Guns. You Are in My Castle, And Violent. You Will Not Stay In My Castle.
I like your answer. And now I want to move to Texas.