Poll: Anger...

TheBarefootBandit

May 20, 2009
Take it out physically like at GYM or stress ball. Depends what you're feeling like really.
Or just eat your troubles away like Pac Man...

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
I find it funny and awkward when people show their anger publicly.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
Drakenian said:
iJosh said:
I find it funny and awkward when people show their anger publicly.
Really? That's what my last psychiatrist said...
Are you serious?

But yea, People get angry then storm out of a mall or restaurant. I'm usually the first one laughing out loud. Then there's that awkward silence. Which I also laugh it sometimes.

ShotgunShaman

Apr 1, 2009
I just got a punching bag for Christmas, haven't felt that sort of "background anger" since. Highly recommend it, plus you get a nice workout.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Seriously though, I would do that, but... I'm kinda 16... so...
So? Every cool 16 year-old gets binges (parties) a lot... oh wait. I'm going to go cry in a corner now :(

On a more serious note, I know how you feel. I am so bogged down with homework I rarely have time for fun, and when I'm having fun I constantly feel guilty for not being busy working. I just feel like going ape shit and destroying everything around me. However, you gotta hold it in, it's healthier than going fucking insane.

Black yeoman

Jun 22, 2008
Well, pinch your fingers and sing a soft song under your breath while you think of a time when you were calm. I find it works.

I think its better to let people know your angry, but say it, don't go mad.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
ix_tab said:
I find screaming higher then your vocal chords can manage an excellent way to express tension. You put a tremendous about of effort into it, the noise is very muted and crackly, and you feel exhausted afterward.
This is a very, very good way to do it. I agree with ... ix ..
Screaming, singing along to real badass-metal. That allways does the trick with me. I usually put on some Mudvayne (very often Determinded - very good for this purpose) and sing along. Real empathis on the screaming parts. And then I usually jump around, punching the air like there was no tomorrow. Obviously this is better to do in private, rather than public.
And often after a session of that, I go "Whatte fuck was that? Whew! I gotta calm down". ANd I'm all happy, and playing my games again.

Unless of course it's if you're angry at a game. Because you keep doing stupid mistakes (that obviously isn't your fault .. Wink ... Wink). Then I just scream and punch the air. Not all the times, mind you. Just when I'm fed up with doing the same mistake again and again.

Yeah. So sing along to metal. That's my suggestion. And do it private
Ultrajoe said:
If I don't ride, I sing, or swim, or go out with friends and accost strangers with challenges to rap battles.
Seriously? Then it would be totally awsome to meet you on the street when you were angry ...
When is the next time you'll be angry? And in Norway?

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Noamuth said:
Probably a good combination of both would be best.

Just don't do what I do and punch walls. Hurts the knuckles and scares the cats. >.<
I do this all the time, as the many, many holes in this one section of wall can attest. To the OP, if you do want to punch something, a pillow is useless. Get and then hit a punching bag, because that'll still hurt after awhile, but not do any real damage.

Anyway, OP's got it right. A combination of things to take the edge off and then get rid of it completely would work, and those actions are usually a combination of the public and the private.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Usually I just grumble and use my annoyed face.
But at times I get so pissed that I have a real outburst.
Luckily, it's rare, though.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Anger management...yeah I definitely do have some sort of anger issue actually. almost -everything- pisses me off sometimes =/

cogo117

Mar 21, 2008
me and my mate fight each other its the best way to feel better the only problem being its not as good as fighting the person you were angry at.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Drakenian said:
I've been very angry lately. No particular reason why, I've just been very, very angry lately.
Whats up? Daddy never bought you a pony?

Everyone gets angry, its how you express your anger. If someone does something to make you angry, some sort of dick move, then there is nothing wrong with letting them know youre not impressed. Talk it through and be assertive rather than aggressive. If you can resolve it then you'll start feeling calmer, quicker.

Otherwise I drive, run, do BJJ, kick boxing and MMA. A hard training session is good to get any pent up aggression out.

Dealing with anger is part of life, we all do it. How well you deal seperates adults from children.