Poll: Anita Sarkeesian Said A Thing!

IGNOREME

Jun 1, 2010
On Twitter (the worldwide accepted zenith of all intellectual thought ever) a number of days ago, non-gamer gaming matriarch and female Jack Thompson Anita "Kill-All-Men" Sarkeesian said the following, "A sentence that can easily be taken out of context that likely uses the words men and/or patriarchy in close proximity to the word sexism." This easily taken out of context phrase isn't immediately congruent to my ideals and therefore MUST be wrong. Instead of actually addressing the issue she presents or even adding context to the sentence in an attempt to actually have a conversation about sexism and video games I will instead use dictionary definitions as the END ALL BE ALL OF ANY DISCUSSION ON ANY -ISMS and continue to paint the narrative of Anita "Man Hater" Sarkeesian as an evil snake oil salesman and by extension ALL OF FEMINISM IS GOING TO TAKE OUR VIDEO GAMES AWAY!!! I eagerly away the 10,000 pages of replies.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
I wonder if the members of the Blue Man Group ever get into fights about which one of them is the most blue, then attempt to dehumanize, undermine and condescend each other by pointing out that they are blue.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Like we used to ask on here "If these threads and a baby were drowning in a river which would you save?"
Seriously I don't know who she is and I don't care. Same for the gamergate stuff, don't know don't care. Just bury it and let's go back to enjoying games instead of constantly complaining about people who say stuff about them.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
I hope you are aware of the irony of this thread.
The amount of people complaining about Anita on this forum is contested by the amount of people complaining that people are complaining about Anita.

And now I've gone one further and am complaining about people complaining about people complaining about Anita Sarkeesian.

Brilliant.

I should probably install an add-on to my browser that censors any mentions of her, because god damn.

Qwurty2.0

Apr 21, 2011
DizzyChuggernaut said:
The amount of people complaining about Anita on this forum is contested by the amount of people complaining that people are complaining about Anita.

And now I've gone one further and am complaining about people complaining about people complaining about Anita Sarkeesian.

Brilliant.

I should probably install an add-on to my browser that censors any mentions of her, because god damn.
But then, how would you be able to complain about people who complain about people complaining? :(

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
DizzyChuggernaut said:

Brilliant.
*Insert Inception joke here*

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Pfft, I say things all of the time, where are my threads?
Obviously in a place you can't see other wise how would we talk about you behind your back?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
DizzyChuggernaut said:
Brilliant.
Dunno if you were a lurker here before deciding to join, but if not you'll find that it's pretty consistently cyclical.

We've been getting threads about complaining, threads complaining about threads that complain, and then people complaining about the people complaining about the complaining since I joined, and likely before that too.

OT: I am outraged by this thing which has been said, and I haven't bothered to read the context, any clarifying statements, or even into the subtext because how could it possibly be any better than my initial impression? For the glory of my video games I must purge all feminists from my hobby!

For the Horde!

For Doomhammer!

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
shrekfan246 said:
We've been getting threads about complaining, threads complaining about threads that complain, and then people complaining about the people complaining about the complaining since I joined, and likely before that too.
I've been here on-and-off for a while, the cycle of complaining's been consistent since I joined but I wasn't aware that it was such a long term thing. Interesting. It's like a "complaint fractal" or something.

Qwurty2.0 said:
But then, how would you be able to complain about people who complain about people complaining? :(
I think I need to go deeper.

*INCEPTION BWWAAAAOAOAOAOARRRRR SOUND*

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
Person Dude said:
I will instead use dictionary definitions as the END ALL BE ALL OF ANY DISCUSSION ON ANY -ISMS
It amuses me when people act like using the dictionary to define words is some kind of fallacy. You realize they're a better authority than any feminist/MRA/gamer/whatever right?

Person Dude said:
and continue to paint the narrative of Anita "Man Hater" Sarkeesian as an evil snake oil salesman and by extension ALL OF FEMINISM IS GOING TO TAKE OUR VIDEO GAMES AWAY!!! I eagerly away the 10,000 pages of replies.
Couldn't make a topic about her without making straw men of people who don't like her I see. How is this not pot stirring?

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
DizzyChuggernaut said:
You're a new member so you likely wouldn't know this, but this site has a crack-cocaine like addiction to Anita Sarkeesian. I'm honestly not sure how much of an exaggeration that is. Ever since she was harassed a few years ago, there have always been two or more threads about her in the forums. As an example, there are two threads right now that are based on the same false information, with a third about her twitter feed.

It's amusing given how bland she is. It's like being addicted to snorting flour.

IGNOREME

Jun 1, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Pfft, I say things all of the time, where are my threads?
Add "Feminist" to your username and start talking about things just enough so that people get angry but not too much that you actually provide context.