Poll: anybody here got BF3 on PC and not able to play it

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
Hi guys, I preordered BF3 on the PC and the damn game is not working for me, it wouldn't even start. So I was wondering does anybody has problems with BF3 like me. Also this is not about I don't like bf3 I like cod crap, it's about the game being technically broken, not working, so take the (incoming) flame war someplace else.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
gunner1905 said:
PunkyMcGee said:
i think for EA games Origin is a requirement now. not sure though
huh?
Origin is EA's version of Steam. as I understand it now EA games require it as extra DRM. again I don't play the game so I don't know.

StargateSpankyHam

Aug 30, 2011
That's an easy fix - disconnect the PC from the internet and watch the DRM scream and writhe in agony.

Unless it's one of those always-on DRM's. Then we need to mail EA games a few million scathing letters and boycott the game. That kind of BS is unacceptable, and it's our job as consumers to ensure that rampant acts of stupidity such as always-on DRM do not go unpunished. That is MY internet bandwidth to use, not theirs - regardless of how little it may take up.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
PunkyMcGee said:
gunner1905 said:
PunkyMcGee said:
i think for EA games Origin is a requirement now. not sure though
huh?
Origin is EA's version of Steam. as I understand it now EA games require it as extra DRM. again I don't play the game so I don't know.
Oh, i know about that, I bought the game on origin. what I'm asking is who here can't get their game started

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
StargateSpankyHam said:
That's an easy fix - disconnect the PC from the internet and watch the DRM scream and writhe in agony.

Unless it's one of those always-on DRM's. Then we need to mail EA games a few million scathing letters and boycott the game. That kind of BS is unacceptable, and it's our job as consumers to ensure that rampant acts of stupidity such as always-on DRM do not go unpunished. That is MY internet bandwidth to use, not theirs - regardless of how little it may take up.
I'm not talking about drm

StargateSpankyHam

Aug 30, 2011
Damn...if the game just outright fails to start, is there some type of repair utility you might be able to use?

Some games generate an error log whenever they experience problems - I do not know if Battlefield 3 does this though. It's worth checking into.

Also, make sure you have up-to-date drivers. If all else fails, try a clean uninstall and reinstall.

If it still fails to run, you might very well have to send EA an email regarding the problem, and hope there's an easy fix.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
StargateSpankyHam said:
Damn...if the game just outright fails to start, is there some type of repair utility you might be able to use?

Some games generate an error log whenever they experience problems - I do not know if Battlefield 3 does this though. It's worth checking into.

Also, make sure you have up-to-date drivers. If all else fails, try a clean uninstall and reinstall.

If it still fails to run, you might very well have to send EA an email regarding the problem, and hope there's an easy fix.
did all that, still doesn't work
and it doesn't generate an error log because the bf3.exe itself fails to load before it could start and crash, so it's failing to fail

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
You aren't Australian or living in Australia are you? Because the game doesn't release until 10.00am on the 27th down here. I remember seeing an even later release date for Europe, but that might have been revised.

Every now and then I try starting BF3 to see if somehow their date verification software bugs out and lets me play. No luck so far.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
octafish said:
You aren't Australian or living in Australia are you? Because the game doesn't release until 10.00am on the 27th down here. I remember seeing an even later release date for Europe, but that might have been revised.

Every now and then I try starting BF3 to see if somehow their date verification software bugs out and lets me play. No luck so far.
Nope, in the US

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
StargateSpankyHam said:

Considering the game needs to be launched from a web browser, it kind of has that always on drm bullshit.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Aside from the screen stutter associated with AA and Vsync, it's running just fine for me. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
Aside from the screen stutter associated with AA and Vsync, it's running just fine for me. Make sure your drivers are up to date.
I tried 11.05, 11.09, and now 11.10 Preview
Nothing works

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
gunner1905 said:
Waaghpowa said:
I tried 11.15, 11.09, and now 11.10 Preview
Nothing works
Oh, you're an AMD guy. Apparently AMD users have been having issues from the start, but that's nothing new. Not much I can offer help wise unfortunately other than google.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
gunner1905 said:
Waaghpowa said:
I tried 11.15, 11.09, and now 11.10 Preview
Nothing works
Oh, you're an AMD guy. Apparently AMD users have been having issues from the start, but that's nothing new. Not much I can offer help wise unfortunately other than google.
Well, I've kinda given up, already asked for a refund, when it's fixed then I'll re-buy the game