Poll: Applauding at your television?

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
Not often...if at all. I'll talk at/ yell at the TV though. Like while watching Bridezilla and I'm calling the BZ a ***** and calling her fiance a dumbass for not leaving the zilla's alone at the alter. Some of those guys are idiots.
Must...fight...urge...to make...fun of you....for watching...Bridezilla...

Seriously, I didn't realize anyone actually watched that show. I saw it once and couldn't get through the whole episode. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Yes. Last time was on Friday after the BBC Concert Orchestra did a fantastic encore of "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
xdom125x said:
I (almost) never clap at my t.v. Anything that would get a clapping response from me in public gets a couple nods, a smile/smirk and a "yes" or "nice" (the amount of i's in "nice" is situational) said calmly when I see it happen on t.v.

Edit: Had to add "almost" because I felt the "once or twice" option was better than the "never" option because I probably did it once or twice and forgot about it. Okay I overlooked the "not that I remember" option.
Strangely enough, pretty much this! Whenever something awesome happens that would make someone scream or cheer I'm just like "Oh, nice." or "Well played" or "Damn that was a sweet juke" or something instead of doing a touchdown dance or some similar thing.

Can't tell if it's because I'm rational or just need more testosterone, haha.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Well I get hyped but never applauded. I remember a daily show from the Healthcare debate that I really wish I could yell "FUCK YEAH GO JOHN STEWART!".

Oh and were is the "Go liberals Obama 2012" option? lolololol

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I only clap occasionally, and only if it's a damned good comedy show.

However, I actually (embarrassingly) clap more to the radio than the TV...

Isan

Aug 13, 2008
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Are you planning on taking that Daily Show clip and turning this thread into an unwarranted flame war about politics?
Almost...

Damn Hulu!!!
Let me see the glorious wonders of your TV treasure trove!!!

So much TV unwatched :'(

O.T: not that I can recall, but the, when I'm watching TV I don't recall very much.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Never.

And you're a sick freak I wouldn't let anywhere near my children for attaching that to the "never" option. So kinda self-fulfilling that is....

Can't see the clip though. Hulu is nationist.

BlueFishie

Jan 4, 2010
Neverrrrrrrr! I doubt I'd ever feel the urge to do that. Just doesn't seem very meaningful to me.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I do applaud at the telly, mostly when watching the footy. Always get very drawn into the Liverpool and England games in order to applaud or shout abuse at the telly.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I've done it, but it's normally because I'm laughing and it's an automatic 'I agree' reaction.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
I don't think i've ever 'applauded' per se, but I definitely give a clap or two on things i like a lot. Then again, I do a lot of silly things just for my own amusement. If i really think something is funny or right on or whatever, I talk to the TV and tell it how good it is and sometimes give it a clap or two for emphasis.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
its probably not realted

but for some reason when I saw Inglorious Basterds in the theatre..I ALMOST apluded when whats-his-name (Zoller?) the annoying natzi war hero guy..got shot

I didnt even dislike him, but I took alot of glee in his killing (mabye because I hate rom-coms and he reminded me of a hunky rom-com male lead)

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Matthew94 said:
I hate when people applaud at the cinema, I think they are stupid and just sigh. TV and Cinema are close enough.
Yeah, it completely puzzles me why people do it. It's not like anyone of the people who worked on the movie is present. It makes just as little sense to clap to the TV.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
I think once or twice, during one or two speeches that I was particularly engaged in on TV. It was live TV though, so in a way, I was actually applauding them.

OH, and the final shuttle launch a few weeks ago! I watched it live, on TV and my computer, and so clapped for all of them when that rocket got up there. It was amazing.