Poll: Appropriate physical affection between heterosexual men.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
I draw the line at hugs its just what I am comfortable with unless I'm just messing around, though gay chicken does have its own rules. Though I never play unless the other guy is really easy to beat. Two of my friends played and the first thing one of them did was grab the others junk. They stood there maybe thirty seconds dead silent with the one guy just basically playing with the others' nuts. It was fucking hilarious, and you can guess who won.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I dunno, all of those seem fine to me. Which is weird, considering I am both an American and a Christian, and was raised in a moderately conservative household... Can you include an "anything but sex" option for people like me who think that?

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Anchupom said:
Anything up to and including a bit of hand holding is all gravy between me and my lovers mates.
One of them even gives me a cheeky butt grab occasionally during hugs.
Does cheeky refer to volume or behavior?
BreakfastMan said:
I dunno, all of those seem fine to me. Which is weird, considering I am both an American and a Christian, and was raised in a moderately conservative household... Can you include an "anything but sex" option for people like me who think that?
Done.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
kissing both options is too much

holding hands is basically the same as a hand shake and hugging is much the same as cuddling

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
To quote a stupid movie I watched once...
"High fives for the women, open mouth tongue kisses for the men..."

NerfRIder

Jun 7, 2010
The appropriate physical affection between heterosexual men is whatever they are comfortable with. Some guy might be all about the hugs and holding hands while some other guy is okay with shaking hands. Neither one of them is more appropriate than the other.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Dags90 said:
Anchupom said:
Anything up to and including a bit of hand holding is all gravy between me and my lovers mates.
One of them even gives me a cheeky butt grab occasionally during hugs.
Does cheeky refer to volume or behavior?
Both ;D

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
"we are simply exchanging long protein strings. if you can think of a better way I'D LIKE TO HEAR IT."

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
It depends entirely on the culture in question. I'm generally comfortable with most things up to hugging by beyond that I quickly become uncomfortable. In other parts of the world, interactions well beyond this are considered acceptable so I suspect had I grown up in such a place I would be fine with those measures as well.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
In an age where we have to prove everyone has a case of the not-gays just to walk under god's nuclear furnace I say fuck it.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
For me, hugs are pretty much where I stop. I really love hugs. They make me feel happy. Occasionally my friends and I go a bit farther but only for teh lulz. Or maybe we're secretly gay for each other. Who knows.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Ilikemilkshake said:
11 people think that hand shaking is too much physical contact?
wow...
A couple people have said they just don't like touching at all. Which isn't really the point of the poll, but I guess I can't stop them from voting. That or some people honestly think it's too intimate.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
i don't think people read the poll question, it asks, "How much is too much affection between straight men?"
but i'm guessing from the poll results that, people read the title and OP and chose what they though was just the right amount of affection, since bro hugs are completely fine in the U.S.