Poll: Are Harry Potter Fans Really That Annoying?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
It's always the same with fans of anything, movies, books, games. It doesn't matter what it is, fans are nearly always like that.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
When I saw Harry Potter Pt 2 on Friday I was so damn pissed ¬.¬. The damn assholes cheered when shit happened, laughed at shitty jokes that I am positive weren't funny. I laughed my arse off when Voldermort gave Draco Malfoy a creepy hug (towards the end of the film).

flyngryter711

Jul 18, 2011
I think all fans that are nerdily in love with a movie, comic book, or videogame are extremists. I guess it comes with being a die hard loyalist.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
When I saw Deathly Hollows on opening day, the entire theater broke out in singing the Harry Potter puppet pals

"snape, snape, severus-snape"

song for about 5 minutes during the commercials.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious, but I guess I can see how some may find it annoying. They did quiet down during the actual show, though.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
being a harry potter movie fan means you're 14-19 and probably female or very feminine.

People of this classification are usually annoying.

PurplePlatypus

Duel shield wielder
Jul 8, 2010
Rule Britannia said:
When I saw Harry Potter Pt 2 on Friday I was so damn pissed ¬.¬. The damn assholes cheered when shit happened, laughed at shitty jokes that I am positive weren't funny. I laughed my arse off when Voldermort gave Draco Malfoy a creepy hug (towards the end of the film).
Most beautifully awkward hug ever. I don't usually feel sorry for Draco but nobody deserves such a thing.

There wasn't much noise in the theater I went to, well apart from the usual laughing that occurs at almost any movie. Other than that people clapped when the credits started.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I've never encountered one of these Harry Pooter fans of which you speak. I saw the film last night and the crowd was perfectly fine. The only time they made a noise (apart from the usual rummaging through foodstuffs) was when Molly said ***** and Voldemort hugged Draco. I could have sworn I heard a few sniffles during the Pensieve scene.

Although, from what I hear, Australian moviegoers are noticeably quieter than other countries, apparently.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
HerbertTheHamster said:
being a harry potter movie fan means you're 14-19 and probably female or very feminine.

Can't tell if trolling or stupid.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I'm out-done by 20 year old men with Griffindor scarves. Don't be stereotypical.

OT: There are worse fan-bases out there. In my experience, we aren't as rabid as Twihards. But we do get annoyed when they completely screw with a movie. (see, book/movie 3) We're generally a cheerful bunch though :)

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Radelaide said:
HerbertTheHamster said:

Can't tell if trolling or stupid.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I'm out-done by 20 year old men with Griffindor scarves. Don't be stereotypical.

OT: There are worse fan-bases out there. In my experience, we aren't as rabid as Twihards. But we do get annoyed when they completely screw with a movie. (see, book/movie 3) We're generally a cheerful bunch though :)
I'm referring to the fans who only watch the movies, usually as they grow up and at around the same age as Harry is in each film. Teenagers and young adults are the target audience now.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
all hardcore fans are annoying, just get me talking deus ex.
solution: watch the movie when you know the theater will half empty and wear headphones when out in the world.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
Harry Potter fans aren't that annoying in my opinion.

Fans who are worse:

-Twilight
-New Star Wars trilogy
-Obama
-Anime
-Kingdom Hearts
-Halo
-Coldplay

Honestly, the Harry Potter fans I know don't try and shove the thing in my face or talk for hours about it like so many of the above fans do.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I find them entertaining (but the again, I fidn anyone that dresses up for a movie as characters of that movie to be entertaining).

but all in all, no, not really.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
I know I am massively annoyed by Harry Potter fans that actually memorized all the various spells in the books, post on Facebook each day about something Harry Potter related, and cry (literally, I have seen an 18 year old girl cry over this) over changes from book-to-movie. I am a massive fan of Mass Effect, Star Wars and a couple bands, but I don't flaunt it in public and especially don't on Facebook where a collection of (nearly) all my friends can see the nerdiness at any time they want.

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
I didn't grow up with the books, and had no interest in the Harry Potter world, until I saw HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban on television. I stopped and watched it, and immediately went out and bought all the movies that had been made at that time. Since then I've seen all the movies in the theater, and read all the books.

I can't quote lines, and sometimes I forget what happened in what book to what character, but I appreciate it for what it is- An original, creative, and layered world with interesting characters and a good story.

I would consider myself a fan, and honestly I am disappointed that the movies are over, because it gave me something to look forward to seeing the theaters.

When I saw the most recent movie on Saturday, there was a group of people dressed like various characters from the movie. While I was unimpressed with their level of devotion, I can say that they were quiet during the movie, and they spoke in normal tones to each other when entering and exiting the theater, and with a movie with that kind of fan base, that's pretty damn good.

So, no, Harry Potter fans aren't annoying, or at least none of the fans I've seen.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
It just sounds like someone shat in your Cheerios that morning, and you were a bit testy. Fans of any genre/hobby can be overbearing at times.

Hell, like MovieBob pointed out, this series - books and movies alike - have been around for the majority of certain people's entire lives. They don't remember a year when there wasn't a book/movie to look forward to. Let them have their moment.