Poll: Are you a compulsive reloader?

Nov 28, 2010
I might as well just tape the relevant key/button down. So far it hasn't actually caused me too many problems, at times it's pulled me out of situations where reloading any later would've been fatal. But I don't expect that'll last much longer.

Also, I can't stand watching any of my relatives play anything because every single one of them is the type who avoids manual reloading. It drives me insane. Thankfully though, I'm slowly managing to educate my dad in the benefits of this particular compulsion.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I'm getting over it slowly. It's a habit I won't be stuck with forever, but it's still there at the moment.

It's better in TF2 where you can just click during a reload and it'll fire again. I have auto-reload on in that anyways so it's just eaasy.

GreyKnight3445

Nov 2, 2010
Yup, except for games with ammo systems like Frontlines: Fuel of War, where you get clips instead of total bullets. In those kind of games I tend to fire in short bursts and tend to debate weather or not to reload or use the last 17 bullets of my 50 round clip.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Yeah,I always reload after a few shots knowing that I am "safe" with full magazine all of the time,because reloading in a bad moment can cost you your life.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I reload at every possible chance. I learned that from playing Doom 3, Fallout 3 and a couple of other games. I can't count how many times I've been killed because my gun clicked dry or I was caught in the middle of a reload sequence.

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
Played too much Counterstrike as a kid. Stopped reloading when in danger. Or walking around corners.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Don't be compulsive in Arma2.

It doesn't magically reallocate your ammo so the reload somehow puts in a full mag every time.

You shoot 10 of 30 rounds and reload. When you finally get back around to that magazine, it will have 20 rounds left. Really sucks, but I like the realism.

minka1995

Jan 6, 2011
When sniping I must reload after each kill, especially in games with the HUD disabled, but when run and gunning I don't usualy unless I've stopped and noticed my clips less then 3\4 full.

TheSquashedOrange

Feb 8, 2011
Possibly the most frustrating thing for me is watching someone in a multiplayer game run off into battle with 2 shots left in their clip, fire, have to reload, die, and then say, "oh, no fair, I had to reload" as if it wasn't a fair kill or it was the games fault or something...grr.

Anyway, yeah, I do reload a lot but my timing is pretty good. I only occasiony get killed while I'm reloading.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
apparently in real life if you reload, you just wasted all those bullets left in you magazine. i tend to reload right after firing about 4 bullets, so that's about 26 bullets wasted every time i reload. pretty sad.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I reload so compulsively that it sometimes happens even when I'm shooting at someone.

Ashcrexl said:
apparently in real life if you reload, you just wasted all those bullets left in you magazine. i tend to reload right after firing about 4 bullets, so that's about 26 bullets wasted every time i reload. pretty sad.
I really wish more games would put in proper magazines. Especially ones which try to have an emphasis on realistic survival (Stalker series, Fallout: New Vegas). It would make so much more sense to have inventory slots be assigned to a number of magazines rather than a number of bullets.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I reload when my enemies are dead, and if that means switching out to pistol/knife, so be it.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
There was this one time where, halfway through a firefight, I decided to reload for some reason, thinking (for some reason...) that I had killed the enemy. I had not. I had half a clip left. I reloaded and died.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
Yeah I reload after every shot with any gun in any game possible. Well excluding MNC. Monday Night Combat I don't feel compelled to reload as much on. But yeah I reload as much as possible and believe it or not I actually don't end up getting killed.