Poll: Are you a hero, a villian, or an extra?

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
In every action movie/game/tv show with a clear "good" army and a clear "bad" army the dark side will always have a trump card they pull out in a big battle. Inevitably one brave but totally irrelevent red shirt/GI from the good team will charge out guns ablazing and be ripped to shreds as if to say to our heroes "this is what not to do". If you played Dawn of War Winter Assault's good campaign then you will remember that space marine who did just that. I am that space marine/GI/red shirt.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
I like to think I'm a hero. At least, I tend to do the right thing by people and help them out whenever I can. And frequently beat the living shit out of any muggers I happen to see as I walk.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
I am (or want to be) a villain. The villains always gets the cool stuff like death rays, volcano lairs, innumerable lackeys and a white persian cat.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
4guy5montag1 said:
madbird-valiant said:
I am an hero.
You can't be silly, you're still posting.

I'd go anti-hero, my cause is just and that's all that matters.
But what if your cause is only just in your eyes? Your path to "righteousness" could simply be you leaving a wake of destruction for a delusional goal you'll never achieve.

And I would simply be a hero.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Del-Toro said:
the dark side will always have a trump card
Does stabbing the hero in the back of the head while he's busy with his soliloquy count as a trump card? I have no cause, I have no morals, I have no code of honour, and I truly have no sympathy or empathy for any speaking creature. I guess that makes me the true super-villain, since even the Joker has a conscience of sorts :)

Someone bring me a nuke and a safari suit so I can hunt wabbits.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
Jaythulhu said:
Del-Toro said:
Does stabbing the hero in the back of the head while he's busy with his soliloquy count as a trump card? I have no cause, I have no morals, I have no code of honour, and I truly have no sympathy or empathy for any speaking creature. I guess that makes me the true super-villain, since even the Joker has a conscience of sorts :)

I'm generally refering to a tank, or a supersoldier, or a demon or something along those lines, a weapon that can eviscerate the enemy at a much quicker rate than the lesser stuff.

Snowy437

Jun 25, 2009
go with villian. saving people and gettin praise..lasts for only so long.. until they complain u broke something of somesort..and u get shunned...
so just skip the first step and go straight to villan... probably do more good there anyway........unless theres a section for specific hero ...such as the comedian..

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
I am a hero. I usually help people on a daily basis, and try to not piss people off.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Del-Toro said:
Jaythulhu said:
Del-Toro said:

I'm generally refering to a tank, or a supersoldier, or a demon or something along those lines, a weapon that can eviscerate the enemy at a much quicker rate than the lesser stuff.
What's more evil? The troops obeying orders, or the person giving them? Sure, a demon might be able to rip through a hundred men per minute, but the person who summons the demon to do so is far nastier than the critter doing the killing.

623S

Aug 22, 2007
I are a hero. I've got too strong of a moral compass to be villainous and I'm too much of an attention whore to be an extra.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
To be honest I would consider myself a "hero" but not in the one man saves the world style. I'd be one of those people who saves the civilians from the minions but can't attack the big bad. So yeah a day to day in this story-world hero.

brainfreeze215

Feb 5, 2009
I am the protagonist to my own story. All of you are my extras. And perhaps there are some villains hidden among the lot?

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
It would be sad if anyone felt themselves to be an extra in their own life.

Your question is an awfully vague one. I would like to assume I'd be a hero, but are we talking about a hero the world will remember? If that's the case, I'd think it's fair to assume that most of the Escapists here would be extras. If we're talking in the grand scheme of our own lives, I'd assume most people would consider themselves the heroes.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I'd be an anti-hero. I'd always do the right thing in the end but i'd just do it in a way that might not always seem valiant.