Poll: Are you a music-addict?

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
The first thing i do in the morning is getting my Mp3. To that goes a pair of 40£ Sennheiser (yea i'm really poor). When i get home i turn on my comp only for the music. I have to listen to music! Also i play piano and various percussion.

i know a dude though wjo have 30+ plus speakers and more than enough subs. Jeez!

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
I'm not an audiophile, or any kind of hifi-person. I've spent most of my extra money (which is definitely not a lot) on my PC, guitar, or just upping the quality of my life. That is to say, single malt whisky, expensive food, three-layered toilet paper, the whole nine yards.

person427

May 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure ear plugs are what you use to block out sound, like at monster truck rallies, firework shows, and shooting ranges. But anyway, I rarely ever listen to music unless somebody else is listening to it or it's in a tv show/escapist show/youtube video/movie. Really, the only time I listen to music because I want to is every other Friday when I watch Rebbecca Mayes Muses.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Mostly, yes. Unfortunately, I'm very picky in what I'll listen to more than once, so I've got so little music I'm bound to go insanely bored of some of it some time soon...I think..but I'm always open for new genres. Recently got sort of into Kamelot and Avenged Sevenfold(though the only really AWESOME Ax7 song I've heard is Beast and the harlot)

Sir_Montague

Oct 6, 2008
Just downloaded the new Billy Talent cd and won't stop listening to it until my next class... Regardless of who i see or who talks to me... So yes. I'd think I'm a little bit of a music addict... It's my boredom filler right next to this website... Finding my favorite bands' new and upcoming cds and obtaining them by either legal or questionably legal means... Good stuff right?

Jurassic Rob

Mar 27, 2009
Not only a music addict, but a self confessed music snob! Unfortunatly my mind won't care what you have to say about music, I will have made my mind up, and it rarely changes!

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Yeah, I'm addicted to music.
I estimate I spend 12 hours a day listening to or playing music.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Since I heard Indestructible I've been Down With The Sickness (of music), and since I first played And I Love Her I've been interested in The Beatles. I now look up tabs all the time and carry my guitar with me to school every day even though I don't have guitar class.

Now leave me to my music.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, I'm n addict. It's not my fault that I listen to such good music that I want to hear almost all the time.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
whenever im home im on the computer, and when im on the computer im listeing to music. ALL THE TIME, probably over 30 hours a day. But since my I-Tunes crashed my computer and i cant find my Ipod anyway i cant use that. So i must have a computer of some sort so i can go on Playlist.com

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
*pulls out earplugs* what's all this about.....a music addict?....you're crazy *puts earplugs back in*

Generator

May 8, 2009
Yes, I'm addicted. I try to be as non judgmental as possible when it comes to people's tastes in music, but when they label "pop" as "alternative", it does start to get under my skin.

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
I don't understand how one becomes a music addict..it's just sound.. Sure, I LOVE music, but I normally multi task with music on. So, I don't just sit in a room listening to music all the time.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Yes, I'm an addict. Whenever there isn't music playing (even if it's something I don't like), the silence makes me nervous. I strive for the best possible listening experience all the time. Also, I study music. I play both piano and guitar, and know tons of musical theory, and I know singing theory (although I can't sing).
I'm also a bit of a music snob, if you will. I can't stand bands that play exclusively in 4/4, use only fifth chords on the guitar, never vary the tempo, use only major scales and tonalities, etc. Stuff most people would never even notice bothers me. Pop music hurts me inside, while Classical or Progressive transports me to a dream-like state in which music is given the proper honour it deserves as an art form.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
I don't worry too much about the earphone thing. And I blast my music from my stereo and my car, in addition to my earphones. That, coupled with a lifetime of attending concerts, and my hearing is just fine. So don't sweat it. I think people are just looking for new things to worry about, honestly.

On topic, I definitely love music. I don't think it's an addiction because I don't see any negative side effects with it. Music helps me study, think, and generally focus. When I rode professionally, I always had my iPod in my pocket and set my rides to the music. I also review music for a few local rags. So yeah, I definitely love it. But it's never brought me anything but happiness, so no one schedule an intervention just yet.