Poll: Are you a student?

Epicurus

May 11, 2008
Archaeology Hat said:
Reaching the end of my first year at University of York reading Archaeology.
Fantastic stuff. My university is opening a brand new Archaeology unit next year, I'm hoping to get a place... but it means dropping Philosophy as a major, so I'm not so sure.

Sparkly Weasel

May 8, 2008
BlueMage said:
Strictly speaking, I've graduated. But now I'm doing my Masters, so I guess I'd fall under college student again (don't you crazy Yanks have universities?)
Yea. Like University of [insert state here]

Niniux

Apr 14, 2008
I dropped out of highschool during my last year.(OAC, Grade 13 in Ontario. Consequently, my grade was the last to have grade 13 as well.) I ended up getting my GED a few years later. I didn't go to post-secondary. If I didn't move across the country for love, I would have finished highschool in just four more months. I still wouldn't have gone to post-secondary, as I have no clue on what I want to do. I would have just spent $50 000 on an Arts degree or something.

Working for the railway currently.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
Biscuitui said:
Pity you didn't separate the graduated and dropped out/other options - would be interesting to see how many graduates are here.
Yea, didn't think that one out to well, oh well.

BlueMage said:
Strictly speaking, I've graduated. But now I'm doing my Masters, so I guess I'd fall under college student again (don't you crazy Yanks have universities?)
We do have universities, but (at least around me) they all appear to just be a collection of colleges. Guess I never thought about a difference.

windfish

Feb 13, 2008
Johns Hopkins University, going for Computer Engineering, doubling with Peabody Conservatory, going for Music Composition degree. Sophomore in a five year double-degree program.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
Freshman, HS. Really thought there were more adults on the forums. Meh. I can't distinguish between a guy in college and an adult.

Watershed

Dec 10, 2007
I'm in my third year of a biology degree at Sheffield University. I finish in about a month... that's a terrifying thought. I'm probably going to have a year out, then do a masters and maybe a PHD although I'm still unsure. :/

Seldon2639

Feb 21, 2008
Junior, almost senior, in college. Studying Public Policy and Political Science.

Going slowly and inexorably insane, but that's the way that goes

IvanRosski

Apr 24, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
IvanRosski said:
I'm a Mental Health Nursing student in my final year, currently going completely insane
haha, irony.

i'm so old i remember when spore was announced
Scary thing is, I wrote that with no intention of irony, or meaning it as a pun!

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
krashdummy said:
Just how old is your average high school freshman?
If you'll forgive my ignorance.
If I'm doing my math right and subtracting the right amount of time from when I was one, I believe it's 15-16 years. Yea, that sounds about right.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Whellhp! This confirms that age thread a while ago that most people on this site are about +-19 years old. /: /

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
PurpleRain said:
We still have colleges and TAFE's. College is just Uni that's private. I think?
At least in the American sense, a University is a higher-education school with multiple colleges. For example, I attended the University of Virginia, but got my degree from the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Virginia (and my minor from the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University of Virginia; you can see why people just call them "the College" and "E-school"). Similarly, despite a long-running history of with the name "Mary Washington College", they decided to change their name to reflect their University status: University of Mary Washington. There may also be something to do with having Graduate programs in addition to undergraduate programs? But that might just feed back into the "more than one college" aspect. (Basically what Calobi said, but I'm more certain about this.)

RockThineWorld

May 8, 2008
1st year university student... in Education Studies with Creative Writing. Popular course, even though its just nice talk for "Future Waiter".