Poll: Are YOU an achievement whore?

Catfoot

Jul 29, 2009
So, i saw a thread in which a guy just asked for people's gamerscore.
Some people said that they were achievement whores lmao. Which i can relate too cos bragging rights are always fun!
So the question is...what makes an achievement whore?
I always love getting all the trophies on a game (yea im on ps3 ;)) but i see it as incentive to complete the game fully and get more out of it instead of a way to get my level (ps3 equvilent of gamerscore) up.
Eg, If it werent for trophies i wouldve just played fallout 3 to the end and thouyght 'that was kinda crap' but instead the trophies gave me the incentive to go out and explore the game, play different styles etc. and i really got alot more for my £39.99 ^^

I dont think im an achievement whore, more of a completionist.
What do you think makes an achievement whore?

Thankyou ^^

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Yeah, I guess I could call myself an achievement whore; personally, I don't think it's a bad thing.

Sure they're worthless, but achievements give you the incentive to play a game to it's fullest. When you think about it, the creation of achievements may be one of the single most innovative game enhancers to date. This generation of gaming is definitely going to be remembered for them.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'm nowhere near an achievement whore. Fallout 3 has achievements for leveling with neutral and evil karma, and I won't be getting those. I just have to play a damn good person.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Yes, but not a very good one, I have less than half the possible gamerscore available to me. :(

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
If the achievement looks like it will be fun or interesting to get I will gladly go out of my way for it.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I'd play a game primarily and do achievements as secondary tasks. I don't actively hunt for them until I beat the game, and I don't ask other people to help me get them. It adds decent replay value if done well and points are nice and all, but I don't think I'll ever get around to doing all the weapon master challenges for Ninja Gaiden 2.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
If I'm an achievement whore, I'm a cheap one.

I'll play games and try and get as many achievements from them I can, will even do ridiculious ones like the Epic Shotgun Fail from Wolverine Origins, but I draw the line at ones requiring ranked matches and multiplayer.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
used to, but when my 360 RROD me, on my new ine i just couldn't be bothered

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Not really, I'm happy when i get them, but I don't go out of my way for it.

Like, if I felt I could get one without it taking too long or getting frustrated, I'd go for it.

Otherwise, I leave it until I have nothing better to do. :)

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
i dont get it their just things that raise an score that does nothing im not going to go out of the way to get them or even get them at all

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I just play through the game how I want to. Achievements don't matter to me. I don't even check what the achievements are, so when I do get them, I just go: "Oh?"

LordGarbageMan

Jul 24, 2009
I was at first, but then I realized that achievements were a waste of time once I got multiplayer. Now its call of duty prestiging.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Oh yes, a shameless achievement whore, and general lover of shiny things no matter what form they take.

However, I do not buy games simply for the achievements, I try to squeeze as many points as possible out of the games I wanted to play anyway.