Poll: Are you buying Halo: reach?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I have every Halo game, so yeah I am getting this for sure. Got it preordered and paid in full.

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
TheAmerikahn said:
molesgallus said:
TheAmerikahn said:
molesgallus said:
Dyp100 said:
Halo was the first game series I fell in love with, so of course.

I enjoyed the beta, and will be buying Leg edition.

Didn't buy Halo Wars, the demo was kinda dull.
Don't buy the legendary edition new. Look at the cost of previous legendary editions on ebay. It's not a remotely wise investment. Buy the standar game at launch, and the legendary 6 months down the line, when it's $30 on ebay. Then sell the original game for $15-20. Meaning, you get all the legendary stuff for $10 over the standard cost. And, it's not like you are going to use the extras that come with the legendary pack in the next 6 months. Probably not enough to justify the insane premium, anyway.
that's interesting considering how halo 3 is still $80 plus on ebay
Sorry, I was just translating uk prices. You can buy it new for $70 here. I assumed ebay would retail at less than half this price, but for some reason it's about $60 on average. However, consider halo 3 standard still sells at $15-$20, it equates to a real cost of $40. Factor in the $60 original standard-game cost, and you're paying $100, or around a $100 saving over the new price.
ODST is a better buy at this point.
Saves you $40 in map packs
Not if you want Halo 3 single player. No one wants that, though. So, yeah...

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
No, seeing as I do not own the console.

I only have an outsider's interest in the series anyway. If I play a game, I want something more than just the same regurgitated mechanics and scenarios that are stagnating the market.
damn you sound like yahtzee

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
Ryuo said:
Johnnyallstar said:
Where's the "I'm only buying Reach for the improved Forge" Option? etc etc.
Right here. As a good friend of mine is an almost disturbingly hardcore fanboy of Halo (he admits it too) is buying me a copy AND giving me his old XBox (My second one kicked it) since he is buying the special edition one. It will keep me entertained until F:NV at least.[/quote

didnt you have a warrantee for the xbox?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I most likely will. In fact, I'll probably now place down a pre-order from HMV, if only because doing so will net me 800 free MS points, which will hopefully not get wasted on overpriced avatar items.

Regular vanilla edition only though, you won't catch me coughing up for some fictional scientists journal, even if it does promise to shed light on secrets of the Halo universe, or whatever the marketing spiel was. Fascinating.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
no it's just another Halo... You know underwhelming mediocrity...

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
TheAmerikahn said:
DeadlyYellow said:
TheAmerikahn said:
yeah, stagnating feature like forge world and theater and custom games, and this is especially angering since bungie is stepping away from halo after this
Here's five short words that will clear up why I don't care about any of those features:

I do not play multiplayer.
That's a shame, do you lack friends to play with? The experience of gaming is better for human interaction regardless of what yahtzee or anyone else says. Yes story is very important and is what will elevate gaming to the level of art but nothing can compare to sharing an experience with another human being. Sure silent hill 2 was great but do I really want to play it for months? no.

Because of multiplayer a game can be fresh and enjoyable years after release because of the human factor.
People can be interacted with in person. Games are about relaxing for me. Also, the live community is hardly filled with interesting, witty people. Multi-player is good when friends are over, but it's not everything.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I already pre-ordered the Legendary Edition...

So yes, I'm buying it...

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
MarsProbe said:
I most likely will. In fact, I'll probably now place down a pre-order from HMV, if only because doing so will net me 800 free MS points, which will hopefully not get wasted on overpriced avatar items.

Regular vanilla edition only though, you won't catch me coughing up for some fictional scientists journal, even if it does promise to shed light on secrets of the Halo universe, or whatever the marketing spiel was. Fascinating.
And yet, you imply that you have coughed up for avatar accessories? I would rather burn my money. At least it might warm me up. There are hundreds of brilliant games for sale at 800ms points. Even an over-priced movie beats a meaningless virtual accessory.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
sanguinator said:
Ryuo said:
Johnnyallstar said:
Where's the "I'm only buying Reach for the improved Forge" Option? etc etc.
Right here. As a good friend of mine is an almost disturbingly hardcore fanboy of Halo (he admits it too) is buying me a copy AND giving me his old XBox (My second one kicked it) since he is buying the special edition one. It will keep me entertained until F:NV at least.
didnt you have a warrantee for the xbox?
Nope. I got my second one for free as well (generous, deep pocketed friends). It too is one of the older ones where the warranty is long overdue.

TheAmerikahn

Aug 24, 2010
molesgallus said:
TheAmerikahn said:
DeadlyYellow said:
TheAmerikahn said:
yeah, stagnating feature like forge world and theater and custom games, and this is especially angering since bungie is stepping away from halo after this
Here's five short words that will clear up why I don't care about any of those features:

That's a shame, do you lack friends to play with? The experience of gaming is better for human interaction regardless of what yahtzee or anyone else says. Yes story is very important and is what will elevate gaming to the level of art but nothing can compare to sharing an experience with another human being. Sure silent hill 2 was great but do I really want to play it for months? no.

Because of multiplayer a game can be fresh and enjoyable years after release because of the human factor.
People can be interacted with in person. Games are about relaxing for me. Also, the live community is hardly filled with interesting, witty people. Multi-player is good when friends are over, but it's not everything.
Did you come here in a time capsule from 2002?

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
no
every halo since the first has made me doubt that anyone at Bungie has a clue on how to make a sequel
i mean, playing as the Arbiter was a completely stupid idea
that would be like playing as a combine in half life
a story filled with plot holes, then Halo 3 came along to drill a few thousand more
then leaving a cliffhanger at the end, only to then make prequels?
just makes no damn sense

me and my dog

Aug 26, 2010
Indeed I will be getting reach and I own every halo. Even halo wars (it's not that bad when you get used to it). In my opinion it's the best series ever.

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
TheAmerikahn said:
molesgallus said:
TheAmerikahn said:
DeadlyYellow said:
TheAmerikahn said:

Did you come here in a time capsule from 2002?
Are you implying that the 'live' crowd has substantially improved since then?

me and my dog

Aug 26, 2010
pspman45 said:
no
every halo since the first has made me doubt that anyone at Bungie has a clue on how to make a sequel
i mean, playing as the Arbiter was a completely stupid idea
that would be like playing as a combine in half life
a story filled with plot holes, then Halo 3 came along to drill a few thousand more
then leaving a cliffhanger at the end, only to then make prequels?
just makes no damn sense
Why would playing as combine be dumb? That might be pretty cool actually.