Poll: Are you buying Halo: reach?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
molesgallus said:
MarsProbe said:
I most likely will. In fact, I'll probably now place down a pre-order from HMV, if only because doing so will net me 800 free MS points, which will hopefully not get wasted on overpriced avatar items.

Regular vanilla edition only though, you won't catch me coughing up for some fictional scientists journal, even if it does promise to shed light on secrets of the Halo universe, or whatever the marketing spiel was. Fascinating.
And yet, you imply that you have coughed up for avatar accessories? I would rather burn my money. At least it might warm me up. There are hundreds of brilliant games for sale at 800ms points. Even an over-priced movie beats a meaningless virtual accessory.
Calm down children, no need to get ourselves all worked up! You'd actually probably better off burning the scientists journal than actual money - it's practically worthless anyway and plus, you'll still have your copy of Reach to keep you entertained.

Plus, some of the avatar items are very stylish. Like the steampunk goggles. :)

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
MarsProbe said:
molesgallus said:
MarsProbe said:
I most likely will. In fact, I'll probably now place down a pre-order from HMV, if only because doing so will net me 800 free MS points, which will hopefully not get wasted on overpriced avatar items.

Regular vanilla edition only though, you won't catch me coughing up for some fictional scientists journal, even if it does promise to shed light on secrets of the Halo universe, or whatever the marketing spiel was. Fascinating.
And yet, you imply that you have coughed up for avatar accessories? I would rather burn my money. At least it might warm me up. There are hundreds of brilliant games for sale at 800ms points. Even an over-priced movie beats a meaningless virtual accessory.
Calm down children, no need to get ourselves all worked up! You'd actually probably better off burning the scientists journal than actual money - it's practically worthless anyway and plus, you'll still have your copy of Reach to keep you entertained.

Plus, some of the avatar items are very stylish. Like the steampunk goggles. :)
I'll get my self worked up if I god damn please! I think we should make the purchase of avatar items a capital offense.

hclarke15

May 24, 2009
Yes I'm getting halo reach. Limited edition, slightly fanboy but not paying $80 for a statue. The controller is great and i'm considering buying it despite the fact that I have no use for it.

For those who don't like multiplayer, get odst it probably has the best campaign

hclarke15

May 24, 2009
me and my dog said:
pspman45 said:
no
every halo since the first has made me doubt that anyone at Bungie has a clue on how to make a sequel
i mean, playing as the Arbiter was a completely stupid idea
that would be like playing as a combine in half life
a story filled with plot holes, then Halo 3 came along to drill a few thousand more
then leaving a cliffhanger at the end, only to then make prequels?
just makes no damn sense
Why would playing as combine be dumb? That might be pretty cool actually.
No worries Reach is a Prequel

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I would but I don't have the money at the moment.

But I am accepting donations ;)

llew

Sep 9, 2009
found the other halo's pretty normal but im gonna be getting reach purely for forge world, me and my mates will eventually end up re-creating some kind of war for the hell of it and then see how many cars we can stack up before they collapse :p

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
I only have enough money for Dead Rising 2 (a game I already have a pre order for) and thats going to be my game for the next few months... CO-OP ME!! ^_^

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
I honestly have no idea. I have never owned a Halo game, but some of my friends are Halo junkies and they are trying to get me to buy it, so we can do multi-player. I prolly will end up caving into peer pressure mainly cuz all the pre-order bonuses. I don't want to miss a $20 gift card just becuase I decided to wait a couple of weeks.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Judgement101 said:
No

It took all my will power to not flame.
Damn sight better than when you last posted in a Halo thread.

OT: Yep, I'll be getting it. I've loved all the other ones before this, and reach looks like the best one by far.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
As an avid Halo fan who not only owns every game in the series (including Halo Wars) but many of the books as well, it should probably come as no surprise that I already pre-ordered the game. I got the Limited Edition just to get Dr. Halsey's journal in the hopes that it will shed more light on the lore of the universe.

The funny thing is that I'm not connected to Xbox Live. I play Halo games mostly for the single player and splitscreen co-op experiences.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Preordered Legendary Edition already. So yes, I am buying the hell outta that game.

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
I'm thinking of renting it, I'm a huge renter but I'm a bit skeptical, and in my experience you can't really trust reviewers which hyped games like this. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with Black Ops.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
nah, I'll pass. I've had my Halo fix. I don't need another chapter.

Now another chapter of Fallout, that's where it's at. XD

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Yep, only the normal edition though, I want dead rising 2 as well, and theres's only a little under two weeks between them.

I had halo 3 first, bought mostly because I just got LIVE, and was hunting down the multiplayer essentials. At first I didn't much like the campaign, and was viciously flamed for said opinion. After my friends encouraged me to give it more of a chance instead of nitpicking, I got into it and collected halo 1+2 (see, halo fanboy flamers, what you can get when you take the nice approach?), and got ODST at launch. I also bought "wars" but didn't think much of it, but it has to be said, credit's due for making a fully fledged RTS work on a console.

I thought the beta was brilliant, though I can see it upsetting a few more set-in-their-ways halo fans. As for reach's story, I'm hoping for bungie to take the more "human" storytelling from ODST and mix it with the superior gameplay of the main trilogy.

@Marsprobe: I'll have you know I spent 240 points on a werewolf costume mostly for the comedic value. Don't see the comedic value? My friends have a strange sense of humour.

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Your poll sucks

Owned halo 2, 3, rented ODST cause 3 burned me out with all the idiots that play it and i'll probably rent reach as well. I think i'll like the story it is gonna tell enough to rent it, I know I hate the community enough already to make it not worth buying.

Glaive_21842

Dec 21, 2009
No 360 = no Reach.
Pretty much gave up on the X-box when they came out with an unusable d-pad for the 360. Seriously, try playing Street Fighter on that thing...its fucking impossible! Not to mention that i got out of halo on #2. Haven't cared since.

TheAmerikahn

Aug 24, 2010
molesgallus said:
TheAmerikahn said:
molesgallus said:
TheAmerikahn said:
DeadlyYellow said:
TheAmerikahn said:
yeah, stagnating feature like forge world and theater and custom games, and this is especially angering since bungie is stepping away from halo after this
Here's five short words that will clear up why I don't care about any of those features:

I do not play multiplayer.
That's a shame, do you lack friends to play with? The experience of gaming is better for human interaction regardless of what yahtzee or anyone else says. Yes story is very important and is what will elevate gaming to the level of art but nothing can compare to sharing an experience with another human being. Sure silent hill 2 was great but do I really want to play it for months? no.

Because of multiplayer a game can be fresh and enjoyable years after release because of the human factor.
People can be interacted with in person. Games are about relaxing for me. Also, the live community is hardly filled with interesting, witty people. Multi-player is good when friends are over, but it's not everything.
Did you come here in a time capsule from 2002?
Are you implying that the 'live' crowd has substantially improved since then?
quality of online both in terms of user created content and ability to share it has improved vastly since then and you're ignorant if you disagree

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I used to think I hated halo 3, But when contrasted with the bs that is mw2 which is 10 times that of what halo 3 was in my mind, I went back to good old squad battle. sure I still yell out bullshit and rage when stuff goes south. Like tagging a banshee 4 times with a scorpion before it explodes, but it beats the hell out of spawning under an ac130 with people who are way above you in skill levels.