Poll: Are you dissapointed in the current generation of gamers?

skolar

Nov 19, 2009
'Gamers' who can fuck off and die:
-Anyone who classifies themselves as a 'hardcore gamer',
-Anyone who calls anyone else a 'non-gamer' or 'casual gamer' just because they don't have as big a gamerscore, have a different console, or have a life,
-Anyone who's forgotten that gaming is about HAVING FUN and not screaming insults about one's mother and simulating oral sex with another guy's corpse (which is both gay AND necrophilia in most games, and kinda sad and stupid),
-Anyone who spends waaay too long waaaay too often (like WoW addicts),
-Anyone who reckons Halo or any other of the generic FPSes floating around is the b3st g4m3 3VAR! and that anything else is 'for fags' or 'gay' etc., religiously screaming this at anyone who happens to be playing at the time,
-Anyone who uses '1337' or textspeak in real life,
-Fratboy gamers,
-Anyone who's all 'OMG the grafix suxors! This must be shit!'
-People who whine when they're killed. STFU and play the damn game or fuck off!
-And everyone else, because I'm in a pissy mood.

So, yeah.
Absolutely. I agree, you should ALL fuck off and die. Little whiny, uneducated, spoon-fed CUNTS.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
Not disappointed, just sad that a lot of people only care about the guns or looks of things.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Mazty said:
Journeythroughhell said:
Mazty said:
Journeythroughhell said:
Mazty said:
Journeythroughhell said:
Mazty said:
Journeythroughhell said:
I am one.
Why should I be dissapointed?
I kinda missed the point of your post actually. So, liking Modern Warfare 2 makes me a dissapointing gamer? Why?
Yes, people jump on bandwagons but, hell, they always did that. I don't like Modern Warfare 2 just because everyone else does, I like it because it is a wonderful mixture of my favorite movie of all-time (The Rock) and my favorite game of all-time (Call Of Duty 4). Does that make me worse in any way?
Just means you are happy with a low standard of game, meaning there is less incentive for devs to make better games, resulting in gamers who want quality getting pissed off at a lack of it in the market.
Nope, it just means that tastes differ.
Modern Warfare 2 is about as high of standart as I can think of.
The storyline is abysmal - more holes than in fishnet stockings.
The graphics are also very dated and 640p unscaled to 720p sucks massive ass.
As for the maps - uninspired and bland, not to mention, hideous balance issues with multiplayer, plus, where's the dedicated servers?
If that's as high a standard as you can think, Resistance 2 or Killzone 2 would blow you away.
Screw dedicated servers, I never cared for them and never will.
The maps are allright.
I got into the storylime even though it wasn't that important.
The graphics look gorgeous.
I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove me wrong.
It's a matter of opinions.
P.S. I played Killzone 2. Modern Warfare 2 is superior.
Exactly - you don't care about lag, which renders skill pointless, and is never a good thing. Plus you don't want to choose a map and the game mode. Yeah, because all the maps are superb in MW2....No, some are okay, some are awful
All right - again, my point, the maps are nothing more than okay, but some are really sh*tty e.g. base sub. One teams in white, the other in black..in snow. Great idea.
The graphics are awful. If you think they are gorgeous get uptodate with good graphics. 640p is really, really low resolution.
And how is MW2 superior to K2? It's graphics are worse, it has no dedicated servers, it has awful spawn points that result in cat & mouse killing, and much smaller teams.
Bet's are you just found K2 too hard.
First of all, graphics do not equal technology and that's why the ammount of detalization and the animations of MW2 put Killzone 2 on its knees.
How is MW2 superior to Killzone? Simple. It plays better. It controlled better. I (that's ME) liked it better.
I didn't find Killzone 2 hard, althought it was fairly challenging because the A.I. was fucking good. However, the argument "you found it too hard = you suck at it" is idiotic.
I had no, that's zero lag which caused by the game.
What the hell are we even arguing about? I liked it better, that's MY opinion. I think that while Killzone 2 is good, Modern Warfare 2 is fucking great.
Wait, MW2 has better graphics how? It doesn't - it has less AA, lower resolution and so on. The movement in MW2 is better for the scripted events but that's it - the actual movement is average.
MW2 plays better...how? It has laggy multiplayer, no map selection, no mode selection, smaller teams, worse spawn points. How is it better? Give me an actual feature of the game to back your opinion.
I never said you suck at it. I said you preferred MW2 because K2 is a hard game. Don't start arguing about things that were never said.
MW2 = awful storyline. Awful graphics. Awful multiplayer mainly due to no dedicated servers.
MW2 is an example of how the modern gamer will settle for less for no logical reason other than hype.
An actual reason? Well, campaign. Spec ops. Good multiplayer. Incredible direction.
Screw resolution and technical specs, it just looks good when you're not going around looking for corpses stuck in a wall.
The storyline was fine though not that important, Killzone had way worse. Graphics are no way awful.
I don't care for the hype. I didn't buy it because of the hype. I bought it because I bought World at War before that, Modern Warfare before that, COD2 before that... and I was never dissapointed once.
What is your problem with me, mate? I LIKE IT. I'm not forcing my opinion onto you, not saying that "you're an idiot if you don't like this". I get offended when you say that if I happen to like MW2, I "settle for less for no logical reason".

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
It does not bother me as much as it used to. I mean, sure, it aggravates me to no end that people tend to hate jrpgs for existing, but not so much anymore. I have come to realize that it is cyclical: eventually, the JRPG will get a new paradigm so different that it existence changes the direction of future JRPGs. I would love to say it is Demon's Souls, but still has some of the problems that JRPGs have.

That being said the thing I do not like is inconsistency. The modern FPS player tends to defend the hell out of a game if the single player campaign is lackluster, but the multiplayer is decent. (I'm looking at you Johnny Spartan.) The problem being is when you point out that other games like Fracture, Haze, and Shadowrun had decent multiplayer, they start complaining that the game sucked. If you point out they violated their rule and all they are doing is jumping on the popularity bandwagon, they get piss at you.

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
I said sorta...

In my opinion we can't say were dissapointed with the current generation of gamers as much as the last generation of humanity can say they're dissapointed with us. Each generation is going to be different according to how it was raised.

However being 17 and having gamed since I was 3 I was able to bear witness to the golden age which was the last 2 generations. Where story, art, gameplay and originality was more important than online multiplayer, halo clones and OMFG M0DERN WARFARE 2!!111!!

I want to beat some sense into people which may cause the games industry to lose it's sense of innovation but somewhere deep inside me, something is saying it never will. There will always be someone who tries.

Besides, I had fun with the last two generations, I'm having fun with this one. Thats what games are about right. If I have to play Battlefield 2 or Crysis Warhead with a twelve year old screaming in my ear it's just a sign of the times.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Yes, i play a lot of 2D arcade fighting games and i gotta say i dont know a single young player that can play king of fighters without being the infinite gauge bar mode, they aren't interested in learning the strategy, combos, etc. or getting good in general. they play executing special moves every attack, attack by attack, that's the definition of noob and cheap in that kind of games.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
You do realize that pwning shit online isn't a new thing right?
One of the most played game of all time is Counter strike, it's what? 10 years old?
You think starcraft is still as big as it is, and the sequel awaited with glee solely for teh campaign? No, it's cause of teh multiplayer, where you own people online.
Theres still made tons of games with story (I guess thats what you're looking for)
If TF 2 isn't online game where you can own peopel what is it then?
You honestly think ´games wasn't trying to be mroe graphically advanced ba gin the days? they pushed the boundries as much as curretn games, you just don't realize that cause you forget that the boundries for what graphics could do, was lower. Half life 2 was considered really nice graphcis when it came out.

TBH, I think your OP is basicly a bunch of elitist non-sense which isn't even thought through. Made solely to jerk off your own ego, by calling yourself superrior, or actrually calling otehrs inferrior, based on arguments that aren't even true.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Mazty said:
Journeythroughhell said:
An actual reason? Well, campaign. Spec ops. Good multiplayer. Incredible direction.
Screw resolution and technical specs, it just looks good when you're not going around looking for corpses stuck in a wall.
The storyline was fine though not that important, Killzone had way worse. Graphics are no way awful.
I don't care for the hype. I didn't buy it because of the hype. I bought it because I bought World at War before that, Modern Warfare before that, COD2 before that... and I was never dissapointed once.
What is your problem with me, mate? I LIKE IT. I'm not forcing my opinion onto you, not saying that "you're an idiot if you don't like this". I get offended when you say that if I happen to like MW2, I "settle for less for no logical reason".
Well what about the storyline that's a joke? Storyline okay? Right, explain this then:
How does a bullet link anyone to anyone? It's not like you can only buy ammo off your best friend who conveniently knows your deepest and darkest secrets. Why does the General kill the elite squad he set up? Because his men were nuked? That makes no sense. And of course the hilariously cheesy snowmobile scene and punch-up at the end that reads out like a bad 80's action film. Killzone was simple because it was going for a sense of realism instead of a confused cheesy action film crossed with propaganda and idiocy.
Good multiplayer...How is it good? It's exceptionally laggy with the host having a massive advantage - I know because I've been the host many a time. What about the spawn points which mean when you kill someone, they can just appear behind you and shoot you in the back? And what about the lack of cover which means your back is really covered regardless of where you go. Plus Akimbo shotguns? Killstreaks adding to killstreak kills?
What direction? It's done nothing new at all.
It looks good, but the resolution is bad...You do realise that's like saying Driver looks good, even though it's on the PS1. In other words, it doesn't, and can't look good because the resolution is too low.
You like it for no good reason - that's what's pissing me off because that means devs will be justified and able to churn out the same generic crap they have been for the last 3 years. The game does nothing that other games don't do far better, yet people rave about it as if it was the 2nd coming. If this is where console gaming is going, into over budgeted sub-average games, count me out.
Here's my explanation: Modern Warfare 2 is a cheesy action film. Looking for plotholes in it is useless. It is very similar to The Rock in that regard, it's nothing more than an extremely well-made action flick.
There's only propaganda if you want to see propaganda (Killzone 2 wins on that field, Helghasts are a paper-thin allegory for nazis).
About the lags. I didn't experience them. Tell me all you want but if I didn't have'em, I can't relate to you. Akimbo shotguns are a *****, granted, but they're definitely not game killers. And I never found killstreaks unfair.
About the direction. Nothing new, again, granted, but it has so much, I sat through the campaing with my eyes glued to the fucking screen, saying "Holy crap, is this awesome" every five minutes.
I'm not a technician, I don't care for the resolution, I look at it and it looks gorgeous on my PC's screen.
Don't tell me that I like it for nothing just because you don't understand me and I can't make you understand me. Why should I try to explain why I like this game so much if all you say is "unbalanced multiplayer, low resolution, stupid story, how can you like this piece of shit?"
I'll tell you just that. During that Gulag level, when you were forced to fight through the shower cabins, I understood that I was playing the best game I've ever played. And your "bah! low resolution" stuff can't make me change my mind.

PessimistOwl

Jan 19, 2010
I am of the opinion that games are now over hyped, under done and quite frankly not as original as they used to be. If you look at the trend, most games that come out today are sequels. A majority of which are shooters which don't really add anything new to the table. I have, however, been surprisingly impressed with some of the more minor games. Games like "No more Heroes" have actually really keep me still playing games. All the other games just get old and stale and crusty.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
teisjm said:
You do realize that pwning shit online isn't a new thing right?
One of the most played game of all time is Counter strike, it's what? 10 years old?
You think starcraft is still as big as it is, and the sequel awaited with glee solely for teh campaign? No, it's cause of teh multiplayer, where you own people online.
Theres still made tons of games with story (I guess thats what you're looking for)
If TF 2 isn't online game where you can own peopel what is it then?
You honestly think ´games wasn't trying to be mroe graphically advanced ba gin the days? they pushed the boundries as much as curretn games, you just don't realize that cause you forget that the boundries for what graphics could do, was lower. Half life 2 was considered really nice graphcis when it came out.

TBH, I think your OP is basicly a bunch of elitist non-sense which isn't even thought through. Made solely to jerk off your own ego, by calling yourself superrior, or actrually calling otehrs inferrior, based on arguments that aren't even true.
Amen.
Really, some of you people either forget that 13 year olds are going to act their age, that not everyone likes the same genres as you, and that not everyone weighs games the same way to decide what is a "good game".