Poll: Are you ever yourself in games?

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
I really cant say yes or no. Though it is the first thing I try in character creation. (Projecting what I feel I would be like in this fanatsy setting.)

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Cuniculus said:
Also, most of us would never shoot someone in the face, but we get to do it in games!
If I could get away with it, I would.

OT: I like money. In games where I get to choose what I say and do, I go for the way that earns the most money or unique items. Which is usually the good way.

Usagi_dono

Mar 26, 2009
Im kinda similar to my own "me" with my first character, then I usually start with a new one with a less goody goody personality

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
I steal a bit more in games, if given the opportunity. And I kill a bit more people than IRL, but that's a given. But I'm generally nice to nice people, just like real life.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
When it comes to moral choices, yes, I make choices I would in real life (especially in Fallout 3 - a chaplain indeed :\).
When it comes to sandbox crime games, I take the Tony Montana approach - 'I never fucked over anyone in my life who didn't have it coming to 'em'.

psyfai

Mar 17, 2009
The stand-out example is in Fable 2, where my character (Who I still love dearly, long after the criminally short storyline has been finished) was a thieving, adulterating, covetous, gambling, drunken murderer.

I on the other hand am a Girl Scout (and conduct my life as such) who can't hold down a boyfriend and hates gambling and drink.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
It really depends on the game and my mood. Also which ever benefits me the most is a strong motivator for decision. So I didn't vote.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Mr Smile said:
it depends cause sometimes I make up random scenarios like in fallout I play as a homeless guy who woke up in the future

It helps to keep me interested in games longer
That's actually a pretty cool idea. Can I borrow some of your imagination some time?

Usually with role play games I do whatever I can to get the best stuff by the kindest means nessecary, I don't like being mean. That means being social, so no, I'm not really myself in games.
As for games that involve a karma system, I'll always be good the first time around. That may reflect my real self, if I have the option to be nasty I probably wouldn't.
It could just be my fear of rejection coming through though...

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Im too imaginative. I like being different characters, lots of different characters. In NWN I had usually 8 active characters at a time, from the dark and manly Kur, to the young and Brash Bastila, and even Keetan the druid's lovechild.
Pieces of me are in each character though.