Poll: Are you excited for the next gen consoles ?

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
ok so there has been a lot of talk going on within the industry recently about the next round of consoles from sony and microsoft. recently in the news microsoft (Microsoft launches countdown to E3, possibly next Xbox reveal) and the ps3 files some sort of patent about blocking used game sales on their ps4 console.
those rumors aside we know its about time we get the new consoles this year whether they live upto the expectations or not we will see that soon.
so which console are you most excited for and are you going to to be buying one at launch and why or will you play the waiting game and see which console gets better games and which is priced better.
or do you totally not care about next gen consoles and instead are more than happy with your gaming pc or the nintendo wiiU ?
also what do you think about the recent controversy related to ps4 or e3 2013 new xbox reveal ?
let us know in the polls and comments section what the gaming community feels about this !!

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Ehh. I will likely get a PS4 at some point due to Sony having some of the best console exclusives, but not at launch.

al4674

May 27, 2011
Can't say that I care that much. I'll get a PS4 eventually, but nowhere near at launch. The games need to be a worthwhile improvement over what we have. If the PS4 starts producing games that could easily be run on the PS3, then count me out.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
"YES but wont buy at launch", though it's more like "YES but wont buy at all". Who knows, the next gen might be different, but I don't see myself being a console player again. I'm not intending to anyway. I'm still excited to see what the next gen brings in terms of technology and new ideas.

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Poor WiiU doesn't get to be a part of the next gen. :(

Mweh, I'm a PC gamer with a way too pricy rig designed to welcome "next gen" games with open arms whenever developers decide they no longer have to restrict themselves to 7th generation console hardware. If I'm gonna get some kind of console it's probably gonna be an Ouya, just to see what open source consoles have that it takes.

"Never give up" ... Captcha, are you cutting out every other word to keep me from noticing what you're singing?

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Do we even know enough already about the next M$ and Sony consoles to have anything to get excited about at all?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
veloper said:
Do we even know enough already about the next M$ and Sony consoles to have anything to get excited about at all?
Well, they'll be New and Consoles... that's enough for some people.

As for specs... ennnhhhh... it depends. If the final products use the same CPU architecture as the ones claimed for the Orbis and Durango devkits then, yeah, we have a pretty good idea of the specs. However if the final product consoles end up using a different CPU architecture then it's a LOT trickier to extrapolate.

I just hope the next gen of console aren't RAMtarded like the current gen.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
This console generation on the whole has been so lackluster that I have to say I'm not really excited about the next console generation at all. I guess it's good that PC ports will finally move on from being held back by the current gen for a bit, but that's the biggest upside I see right now.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Vivi22 said:
I guess it's good that PC ports will finally move on from being held back by the current gen for a bit, but that's the biggest upside I see right now.
That won't last long if the rumors of the hardware Sony and Microsoft will be using turn out to be accurate, or even a little accurate.

As for me I will get a PS4 but not till after the price drops drastically, I will be really late for this generation, as I was with the last, and the one before that. Primarily a PC gamer, so not much affect on me.

Captcha: Sorry Sight... Good to see you too.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I'm not particularly excited about them, I have just bought a new PC which will be my gaming machine for the foreseeable future. I never have liked playing games with a controller, and wavy motion controls hold even less appeal, so I will be sticking with my mouse and keyboard until something drastic happens.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Im interested to see what the new consoles will be like, then we will see if i want to buy one or not. Otherwise, ill just stick with my PC and buy a new graphics card instead to keep up with the new generation of games.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I'm a little excited about the PS4, due to it being cheaper than the PS3 (or so they say).

I currently use my PS3 as a media center, and I'm planning on using the PS4 as the same.
I'll also be using it for gaming (as will my kids) even though I've become more of a PC gamer the last few years.

Should Sony Choose to implement the anti used games feature then count me out.
I don't buy used games normally, but it's the principle of things.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Where is the option "NO, I'm sticking to my 360/ps3."? I refuse to buy a console that invades my rights as much as the 720 and ps4 seem to want to do. I want to just be able to buy games in a store, put them in, and play them without having to download anything or have a connection to the net at all. I want to be able to sell my games again if I want to. And I do not want to deal with all kinds of DRM and other second hand and piracy protective measures. I already have a PC where I have to deal with those things.

So yea, I'm sticking to my PS3. Screw the new generation, I have good, fun games for my PS3 and I don't 'need' a new console any time soon.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
How about "No, I'm perfectly happy with my PS3 and don't want to have to pay for a new console"?

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
sanquin said:
Where is the option "NO, I'm sticking to my 360/ps3."? I refuse to buy a console that invades my rights as much as the 720 and ps4 seem to want to do. I want to just be able to buy games in a store, put them in, and play them without having to download anything or have a connection to the net at all. I want to be able to sell my games again if I want to. And I do not want to deal with all kinds of DRM and other second hand and piracy protective measures. I already have a PC where I have to deal with those things.

So yea, I'm sticking to my PS3. Screw the new generation, I have good, fun games for my PS3 and I don't 'need' a new console any time soon.
new option added "NO, am happy with my ps3/360

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
mohit9206 said:
sanquin said:

How about "No, I'm perfectly happy with my PS3 and don't want to have to pay for a new console"?
new option added "NO, am happy with my ps3/360